• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

DyingToDie123

DyingToDie123

she/her
Oct 25, 2023
Hi all! I'm in the hospital! Ya girl took 6g of lithium earlier today and then got nervous when her stomach started to hurt and called 911. Tl;dr this was apparently not enough lithium to overdose on (though my levels did get near severe toxicity, they are still rising but on their way there).

I've been prescribed lithium since November 2021, went off of it cold turkey in late December 2023 with the goal of stockpiling while fake agreeing to my psych's plan on titrating off it of over 4 months (so I wouldnt be prescribed it in the hospital if and when I went again). I had no withdrawal effects except for a minor increase in energy. It's a wonder I was on something so long that did nothing to help me whatsoever.

I took 8mg (2 doses) of anti-nausea medicine Zofran about 30 minutes before I overdosed.

This was my first significant overdose so I had to try a few times before I got the guts to swallow it. I chose 6g because from my calculation of my lithium levels (0.7 at 1200mg) that would be just enough to get me into severe toxicity (3.5). I meant to double the dose to 12g but got cold feet and decided to just stick with 6g, as I thougut that would be enough.

The effects have been surprisingly mild for me: a burning/itching/nerve pain sensation where anything touches my body (4/10 pain, all the time), a moderate crampy stomach (3/10 pain 2 min per hour), and then a dull headache (2/10 pain 15 min per hour). Plus diarrhea (lots at a time but only twice in 10 hours) and vomiting up my one and only meal at t+7:00.

The hospital has done nothing but monitor my vitals, lithium levels, and give me saline. No stomach pumping or anything. I would have survived just fine had I not made the call. They are surprisingly not concerned given that I thought moderate to severe toxicity warranted an ICU stay. This might be me dealing with it abnormally well though.

Re:lithium levels they still haven't peaked yet in 10 hours. So this would be a slow, agnozing death probably had I actually taken enough.

So in the future: either another method, or wayyy more lithium. Thought I would post in case anyone's considering this.

P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
I'm sorry you have to go through so much suffering and pain and your attempt failed. Don't be to hard to yourself. I hope you recover quickly and they treat you well.

Do have to stay in a psych ward later?

🤗 :heart:

R

rozeske

Maybe I am the problem
Dec 2, 2023
Am sorry you had to go through all of this. It could feel mentally draining as well. Hope you feel better soon ❤️

• Love
Reactions: DyingToDie123
F

Forveleth

I knew I forgot to do something when I was 15...
Mar 26, 2024
Sorry it didn't work. Thanks for sharing your experience. Good luck with the psych ward!

• Love
DyingToDie123

DyingToDie123

she/her
Oct 25, 2023
I'm sorry you have to go through so much suffering and pain and your attempt failed. Don't be to hard to yourself. I hope you recover quickly and they treat you well.

Do have to stay in a psych ward later?

🤗 :heart:
Thank you ❤❤ yes I do.
9 suicide attempts sounds like a lot and it must be horrifying to be going through what you are going through

We are here for you friend
Oh I've had more than 9, closer to 20. 😅 This is actually the first time I've been hospitalized for an attempt (hanging and exit bag haven't required hospitalization). Thank you! ❤
Update: My lithium levels peaked in the 3.5 range as expected last night (t+15:00?).

Last edited:
stilhavinightmares

stilhavinightmares

Warlock
Oct 13, 2022
Thank you ❤❤ yes I do.

Oh I've had more than 9, closer to 20. 😅 This is actually the first time I've been hospitalized for an attempt (hanging and exit bag haven't required hospitalization). Thank you! ❤
Update: My lithium levels peaked in the 3.5 range as expected last night (t+15:00?).
How did you feel? Did they do any more interventions?

skybox

skybox

Have you ever been jealous of birds?
Mar 6, 2024
Make sure you hydrate and eat fruit like hell, Zofran can cause constipation. I can't take it regularly even though I can easily get it prescribed. Sorry your attempt fell through btw

DyingToDie123

DyingToDie123

she/her
Oct 25, 2023
Update: I just got ahold of my hospital records.
- My lithium levels peaked at 3.6
- Apparently poison control recommended dialysis if they rose above 4.0
- I took regular lithium, but with extended release they would have recommended bowel irrigation.
It's still unusual that I didn't have any neurological symptoms for the dose I took. I was hoping and betting on falling into a coma or something. :ahhha: Not sure at what point that happens.