• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Superfluous

Superfluous

Mar 16, 2019
As you can see below, the email address for notifications from this forum ([email protected]) translates to "Sanctioned Suicide".

I believe this is set on your email server.

As an android user, I have notifications pop up on my phone when emails are received, and seeing the sender as "Sanctioned Suicide" is not very discreet. Whilst I understand that there are steps that can be taken to reduce the risk of others seeing this, I was wondering whether you would consider changing the name associated with the email address to something more discreet. SS forum is one suggestion, although this also may not be ideal (SaSu Forum maybe).

This request isn't really for my benefit as I'm very fortunate to have friends that are aware of my plans and are supportive. However, it may help avoid potential problems for current and future members.

Superfluous

Superfluous

Mar 16, 2019
Good idea. You can always turn email notifications off in the Preferences menu, though. I support this idea because it could lead to some uncomfortable situations.
Yes, there are other ways to prevent others from seeing your emails. However, each one has a downside.

As you mentioned, you can change your preferences on this site so you don't receive any emails, but then you will need to keep checking this forum for responses.

You could stop notifications for your email application on your device, but then you won't receive notifications for any emails.

Also, I only mentioned device notifications as an example. What if you're checking/reading your emails in a public place and someone behind you notices.

I just thought of this idea as a natural extension of the incognito styles already available on this site.

Reactions: lemmeeleev