• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

I

InsxdeMyHead

Jun 20, 2018
Hello. Please hear me out first before anything, thank you.

I am not sure where to post this, the last time I used a forum was years ago, I saw a post about ttg here so I am assuming this is the right place. I just want those who still care about ttg to hear my idea out, I was going to post this on r/FreeToGo but I think this place is better, the mods in ttg likely won't see this post and cry to the admins about an 'attack' when they are the ones who are doing wrong to begin with.

Anyways. A post on reddit has been pinned, it is a goodbye post, I have nothing against that at all, please do not feel that way. My issue is that it is pinned, and unlocked, when every single other goodbye post on the subreddit is not. People are commenting on it. This is the very thing that got SS banned, the one thing the mods were supposed to do. Not banning words and imposing arbitrary rules on a small sub of people in immense pain. I don't know why they did it. I did not ask them. All I know is that this is against the rules and if it is on purpose it is horrible of them to do this, how could they just pick and choose who gets to have the public comfort (hope you find peace comments)? That is so unjust.

Anyways. The power tripping of the mods is not what will get the place banned. Inciting violence will. The comments on that post don't seem too much for reddit's rules but if you guys truly want the place reported I'm sure you guys could make some comments.

Now, why I think we should report the place to begin with. TTG has 3000 subs. FTG has 200. It is likely that:

● those on TTG will either not know about FTG and or will be convinced by the mods that they are the good guys, and continue to post on TTG and be treated unequally by mods unknowingly. These people are suicidal, they just want a home. I don't think they're going to pay too much attention to the details as long as it exists, life is enough pain as it is. Because of this, the place can become toxic because the users will be frustrated, there's already a possibility of toxicity given our own problems (no offense to anyone, I am suicidal too) and thus the sub's demise will only come quicker.

● people will become complacent as time goes on and no changes are made to the sub's problems. and thus the sub will only get bigger and worse and eventually die out, because nobody is going to stick around for long when all their posts are needlessly removed or unequally treated (e.g. pinning one goodbye post while locking all the others) and because the vision of the mods, to 'change the world' is not aligned with the desires of the users, a place where suicidal people can vent and belong to. u/nineisbrine explained this better than I ever could. Basically the mods are delusional and they'll drive people out by their own hands anyways.

● people don't like change. It is very likely for them to stick with TTG because the number of users are greater than FTG and they are more likely to be heard there, regardless of the automod and mod issues. New users in particular will not go to FTG because it is very easy for the mods of TTG to simply say they are the good guys and FTG is 'just a place full of drama' and they'll never know any better. Who can honestly take the time to go through all these posts and comments (most of which are removed too) just to find out which Subscribe button to click on? Especially suicidal, depressed people, who are so exhausted by life to begin with?

I am sure you guys can make other points for telling the admins about the goodbye post and getting them to nuke the place, so TTG users are forced to come to FTG (which I think would be better for them, for the aforementioned reasons) I highly doubt good change will ever come to that subreddit, if the main mod can't even argue for her stances I doubt she could ever even fathom admitting her stances are wrong, and if not wrong then not for the community's benefit at least. A person who cannot admit when they are wrong should not be in a position of power, she needs to understand the she is human and makes mistakes. And these mistakes are costing us the very peace they set out to give us.

I need to go now, have an exam in 4 days, I'll leave you guys to decide what to do. I just saw an oppopportunity to fix things and wanted to mention it.
I've been lurking and watching everything go down ever since u/zoomalian left and this is about as much as I can do. I just wanted to extend this idea to those who fought against the mods for TTG's future, such as the former mods of TTG.

Thank you so much for your time, I'm sorry if my thoughts aren't that coherent, not a native english speaker and in a rush to just write this while the post is still pinned too. I'm sorry again for posting this here, I don't wanna risk the idea not working if the reddit admins see this post on FTG. I know reporting it sounds horrible as that's how we lost SS to begin with but after reading the aforementioned points I hope you guys will consider its pros as well.

For what it's worth as well, though I prefer reddit's interface over forum interfaces, this place seems warmer and much nicer than TTG even before all this. Glad it exists too :) <3

I

InsidiousCrapulence

King Midas of S***
May 18, 2018
I'm a bit reluctant to use reddit rules that I disagree with against a subreddit, even if that subreddit is run my terrible mods. Nonetheless, you are right that the post might be sufficient to get the sub banned. I wonder why they stickied it. The mods make many bad choices over there, but I thought that was because of their terrible personality, not because of stupidity.

I

InsidiousCrapulence

King Midas of S***
May 18, 2018
Why are people bringing reddit drama to this site again?

There are many people who would be glad to find this forum. Many of those are probably only aware of /r/TimeToGo, which started as a replacement for /r/SanctionedSuicide and then deteriorated due to mod abuse. Those people are needlessly pushed around by the mods. Anything that might help them discover this forum (including a ban of the subreddit by the reddit admins) could be seen as a good thing. You might not agree with it, but it's still a valid argument for why this case is about more than just drama.

Reactions: dano6533
M

Makhlebite

Apr 8, 2018
1. Using the Reddit admins against the TTG mods is bad optics.

2. Reddit won't nuke TTG because it has instances of encouraging suicide. This is a false belief a lot of people seem to have. SS and TSS were fine for ages despite quite a bit of methods talk and goodbye posts. SuicideNotes has never been bothered despite being a sub exclusively for goodbye posts. The_donald and similar far right subs regularly advocate murder. None of that matters. SS and TSS weren't banned because the admins decided to enforce sitewide rules. The fact of the matter was, Reddit had to take token measures to please some advertisers, and SS and TSS were the scapegoats. (The fact that SS and TSS got banned at the same time - literally less than an hour apart - despite having different history and moderation policy, shows that there was no due process of any sort involved.) For that reason, TTG is going to be safe until it's required as a scapegoat again. At that point, it's probably going to be banned along with FTG, again at the same time.

3. The fact of the matter is, people are dumbfucks, and inertia is a thing. The best you can do is to advertise the alternatives, but some people are just short-sighted and stupid, and they'll be happy to stay under a tyrannic regime until they are the ones being targeted. At that point, they'll moan and whine all day, but nobody will stick up for them anymore. (Note that this applies to real life countries as well, not just internet communities.)

Edit: The best way to raise awareness might be simply to regularly downvote every single post the TTG moderators make on their subreddit. If the oblivious regular users see that every post the moderators make, every thread they start, gets downvoted to minus infinity, they're gonna start asking questions. It also lets the mods know that they are unwanted and disliked. Just don't legitimize them by actually talking to them.

Last edited:
I

InsidiousCrapulence

King Midas of S***
May 18, 2018
SS and TSS weren't banned because the admins decided to enforce sitewide rules. The fact of the matter was, Reddit had to take token measures to please some advertisers, and SS and TSS were the scapegoats. (The fact that SS and TSS got banned at the same time - literally less than an hour apart - despite having different history and moderation policy, shows that there was no due process of any sort involved.) For that reason, TTG is going to be safe until it's required as a scapegoat again. At that point, it's probably going to be banned along with FTG, again at the same time.

That's actually a very good point.