• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Kaczka86

Kaczka86

Looking for...?
Dec 15, 2019
Any advice on how to stop this never ending circle?

I think about some stupid memories or about something I'm scared of on and on and I have no clue how to prevent it. I try to get somehow distracted but every time it starts to be better and I push this thought deeper into my mind, it slips and return on the surface.

It honestly feels like trying to drown a piece of styrofoam.

F

Final Escape

I’ve been here too long
Jul 8, 2018
A cheap way to manage it is to start making friends with journaling most days of the week. I have to do it wen I first get up because I might not get it in later. At first it's kind of hard but then u relax into it and ure less afraid of what comes out. Or u aren't judging what comes out, less self conscious. I've noticed over time that my obsessive thoughts have reduced. At first I was like this really isn't helping much but after a month I feel better. When I'm freaking out over difficult decisions or I'm really worried how I will handle something it seems to help u to solve your problem somehow. Or maybe when u write out the feelings and stuff it makes it feel more manageable.

_Minsk

_Minsk

death: the cure for life
Dec 9, 2019
having the same issue, but one thing ive noticed is, allowing them + accepting that they just popped up, without fighting them will make them disappear.. i think this is even the solution, have heard someone saying: what you resist, persists!:)

Livingvsdying25

Livingvsdying25

Enlightened
Dec 8, 2019
I think she helps really vary one person to the situation.

As has been said taking an accepting approach helps. Sometimes meditating.

Distracting the body physically or the mind mentally.

Journalling or reaching out sometimes helps.

Honestly, I feel my thoughts have just swallowed me whole already. A lot of this doesn't help me anymore. I still distract and that's the best for me rn.

Watching things & playing games. Good luck with everything ❤️

L

LittleJem

Visionary
Jul 3, 2019
I don't know if it will help - but I have seen Inositol is good for OCD and wonder if it might also help repetitive thoughts.

I am always buying new supplements for mental health - and sometimes they work for me for about two days ;) But you never know - look up inositol, it could help.

If you haven't tried it, it might be worth looking at Kratom. It did nothing for me, but some people find it life-changing. There is also Kava, which I found a little helpful for a while. Everything stops working on me after a few days. But you might find it helpful. People are also still recommending me CBD. I didn't try it for long enough tbh, it didn't give me instant resutls and I stopped taking it. Because I was using a LOT of weed. Which I don't use anymore, because it makes me hallucinate. but it did make me feel better for a while.

I've had repetitive thoughts when I've been low - I don't cope well with them. The only thing that helps me is finding any medicine/herb/anything thta will change my state of mind. Recently I tried St John's Wort - which helped my mood, but has increased my anxiety. But for the two weeks where it helped - no repetitive or miserable thoughts, or much less...

Reactions: Kaczka86