• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

misukiimikki

misukiimikki

trying to find the meaning of life <3
Sep 29, 2023
hello !! it's me again.. I haven't been on SS since…. september of last year?? well.. maybe I should explain a bit on why I was gone.

well, as I spoke about in a previous post, I had began cutting, and was consistently cutting. around… mid, maybe late september(depends on what you think mid sep is), I decided that life.. just wasn't worth living anymore.

so I tried to ctb by cutting.

It was.. the scariest experience in my life. whilst my mind knew this was what I wanted, I could feel myself trying to escape my inevitable death. the blood was what scared me the most. I had ran a bath and sat in it to do this. it was.. a pretty impulsive decision to say the least, since there wasn't anyway I would've been able to actually die from staying in there.

the reason being, my boyfriend was staying right outside the door. he wanted to come in, but I insisted I was fine. he knows about my SH and he has been adamant on trying his best to get me to quit. saying that it's not healthy to want to hurt myself.
I understand it isn't healthy, for anyone who reads this and agrees with him. But it was the only thing keeping me under a certain panic point. this impulsiveness I think stemmed from him trying to cold turkey me. I would hide it from him. use lighters to burn myself whenever he was gone. stick my hand in boiling water sometimes.
most ended in trips to an ER and my boyfriends angry face everytime. i feel horrid for doing this to him. he shouldn't have to deal with someone like me. I've pleaded with him multiple times to leave, that I wasn't his problem and he didn't have to take care of me. but he refuses, and demands that I don't think that way.

but back to my story, he was sitting outside, talking to me, whilst I grabbed a hidden razor behind the toilet. I don't understand why I didn't think he would catch on atm, but I didn't. I was trying my best to respond but after I was done slicing, words became a lot harder.. to form.
he caught onto this, calling my name multiple times. I don't remember much after he broke his way into the bathroom.

I woke up in the hospital after that. I remember maybe being in an ambulance but.. it's really fuzzy. to skip all of this, I was in a mental health hospital for a long long time. 2 months to be exact. yet.. everythiny was good after I was released. I was happy, for the first time.. in months, I was actually happy. I didn't have the feeling to ctb or sh either!!

until my birthday. my birthday is march 7th, and I was expecting my family to go all out, like they had done before. yet.. when I woke up on march 7th, I walked into an empty house, no decor, no gifts, no family. I began to start crying, realizing my mom was the person who did all of this and since she was gone, I didn't really have anyone else. my boyfriend, the sweetheart he is, tried to console me. although, he also couldn't be with me on my birthday, having to go to his grandmas the night before because of family issues.

i was all alone, in a house that i was never allowed to be alone in. it wasn't my immediate thought, sh was far from the first. I tried calming myself down by using methods I was taught, but it only made it worse. I tried calling my therapist only to be sent to voicemail. what sent me off the edge was loosing the last lifeline, my boyfriend. He had to go to help his grandma. He asked if I needed him to stay, but I denied him. I didn't want to look like the crazy girlfriend I did before. His family isn't too kind of me because of all of this.

To end this because it's getting really long is, I relapsed. Not just one cut but.. multiple. my boyfriend is getting back next week, and i'm still SHing. I don't want him to see me like this, I promised him I would stop, i'm scared that he's going to be furious with me.

Does anyone have any tips that will stop me from SHing, cold turkey??

ferret-in-a-sock

ferret-in-a-sock

Jan 25, 2023
When I stopped cutting, I used my knife I used to cut, to cut into like boxes, open packages, etc--and despite being depressed I really didn't want tetanus and I didn't have new blades on hand so it was dulled, rusted and likely a risk for surefire tetanus. I don't like new things or using different tools (I grow attached to objects a little).

But I only preferred using the one knife. I don't know if you can mimic that. Though cutting into other stuff can be therapeutic. When I get the urge, I like cutting into boxes at work, just stabbing into em, opening stuff up. Helps clear my head.

If you use razors all I can think is...sharpen pencils by carving em with it. But yeah, quitting is hard. Even months out on days like this, same feel. And also I know how it is, when people see you as the crazy one for the wounds.

misukiimikki

misukiimikki

trying to find the meaning of life <3
Sep 29, 2023
When I stopped cutting, I used my knife I used to cut, to cut into like boxes, open packages, etc--and despite being depressed I really didn't want tetanus and I didn't have new blades on hand so it was dulled, rusted and likely a risk for surefire tetanus. I don't like new things or using different tools (I grow attached to objects a little).

But I only preferred using the one knife. I don't know if you can mimic that. Though cutting into other stuff can be therapeutic. When I get the urge, I like cutting into boxes at work, just stabbing into em, opening stuff up. Helps clear my head.

If you use razors all I can think is...sharpen pencils by carving em with it. But yeah, quitting is hard. Even months out on days like this, same feel. And also I know how it is, when people see you as the crazy one for the wounds.
thanks !! i'll try that. I have been using peppermint oil to mimic the same burning feel, yet it just wasn't cutting it (haha no pun intended.)
i've tried coating all my razors in paint, but when i'm desperate, I just go and buy new ones. I'm very ornery about cleaning my razors. I keep a very clean house.

If it isn't for my boyfriend, I wouldn't be quitting at all. It's therapeutic, but I can't stand to disappoint him again. I might try your box idea. I'm not "allowed" to have razors at all. My boyfriend thinks that they would trigger me into cutting, so he's rid of everything that had a razor. He's really trying hard for me and I want to make sure he isn't disappointed.

• Hugs
Reactions: ferret-in-a-sock
Ash

Ash

Wizard
Oct 4, 2021
The only thing that's helped me stop cutting is feeling better. I often hate myself for doing it but have learnt over the years to view it as a symptom of my state of mind, no different to disrupted sleep, disorderly eating, biting my nails etc. I know that doesn't help your situation but, as you described, trying to stop using a default coping mechanism while you're in crisis actually makes things worse.

willitpass

willitpass

Don’t try to offer me help, I’ve tried everything
Mar 10, 2020
I wish I had good advice for you. I stopped cutting because I swapped out for other self harm methods. I hope you find something to help you truly recover. I wouldn't wish self harm on my worst enemy.

• Love
Reactions: Ash
MidnightCat

MidnightCat

Still 3 more lives to go.
Jan 1, 2023
I've been clean of SH cutting me for 8 years now.

It's still hard not to, but I somehow managed to get here although I almost relapsed hard yesterday.

I'm not sure if this would help, it gave me chills but at least it helped me somehow ease the pain.

Use an smartphone, not a pc tho.

Hope you get better soon.