• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

DerpyNerpy

DerpyNerpy

May 24, 2020
I've had the idea lately to pull everything out of my refrigerator (I can barely afford food anyways) and just sit in there with the door shut. I'm wondering if this is an effective suffocation method! Is there any way I could test if the fridge is airtight? If that happens to be the case I have read that suffocation could be reached in 5-10 minutes in older appliances. Please let me know if this has already been discussed I couldn't find any examples of deliberate suffocation in a fridge or icebox.

Btw if it is airtight would a gas lantern help use up the oxygen?

F

freedomcalls

Student
Nov 9, 2022
seems to me like survival instinct would kick in and you'd probably find it incredibly difficult to not open the door 🤷‍♀️ Also I reckon that if you became unconscious and fell against the door, that would release the seal and undo the effort

Doesn't sound to me like it would be very likely to be successful

jodes2

jodes2

Hello people ❤️
Aug 28, 2022
I've had the idea lately to pull everything out of my refrigerator (I can barely afford food anyways) and just sit in there with the door shut. I'm wondering if this is an effective suffocation method! Is there any way I could test if the fridge is airtight? If that happens to be the case I have read that suffocation could be reached in 5-10 minutes in older appliances. Please let me know if this has already been discussed I couldn't find any examples of deliberate suffocation in a fridge or icebox.

Btw if it is airtight would a gas lantern help use up the oxygen?
It won't work. You'll start to suffocate and struggle desparately to get out whether you want to get out, it's a natural reflex, and suffocating by force is a horrendous way to go. Not nice. I tried a bag over my head many times a while back and getting over that SI is impossible imo

Reactions: sleeps
Worndown

Worndown

Visionary
Mar 21, 2019
This would only work with a very old one that has the locking latch you can only open from the outside. Yes, they have not been made for probably 60 years for obvious reasons.

hunterfla

hunterfla

Experienced
Sep 13, 2022
The freezer would work better, but probably a chest freezer not an upright. I thought about this also, since I actually like the cold. I think there would have to be some sort of locking mechanism to ensure you don't just jump (or fall) out when SI kicks in.

DerpyNerpy

DerpyNerpy

May 24, 2020
It won't work. You'll start to suffocate and struggle desparately to get out whether you want to get out, it's a natural reflex, and suffocating by force is a horrendous way to go. Not nice. I tried a bag over my head many times a while back and getting over that SI is impossible imo
Well I'll give you that - fair point - but I would certainly consider a fridge to be a little more comfortable than a plastic bag (less overt in some ways). You could still inhale (but the co2 would build in your bloodstream. If a fridge was paired with let's say liquor or sedatives - I'm not sure it would feel as painful. Maybe even a tank of helium? I have beer taps installed on my fridge I might be able to have helium flow in. My main concern is having it be airtight.
The freezer would work better, but probably a chest freezer not an upright. I thought about this also, since I actually like the cold. I think there would have to be some sort of locking mechanism to ensure you don't just jump (or fall) out when SI kicks in.
Ack! No I'd certainly have to unplug it first. My main concern is the temperature slows down your metabolism and that paired with the oxygen could lead to a very slow death.

jodes2

jodes2

Hello people ❤️
Aug 28, 2022
I could still inhale with a plastic bag, no problem. The problem in both cases is the CO2 build up. Your body reacts very very strongly to it. I took ALL Mannar of drugs and still couldn't do it.

A tank of helium could work though. Or nitrogen or argon. That didn't work for me either though, I still felt like I was suffocating. But it seems to work for some people so idk. It doesn't need to be completely air tight at all. You actually need an outflow to vent the excess CO2-containing gas

Reactions: sleeps and DerpyNerpy
A

A485

Nov 27, 2022
A tank of helium could work though.
Annoyingly, a lot of commercial helium tanks that are sold now are cut with oxygen for this reason.

• Informative
Reactions: sleeps and DerpyNerpy
DerpyNerpy

DerpyNerpy

May 24, 2020
Annoyingly, a lot of commercial helium tanks that are sold now are cut with oxygen for this reason.
Bah! Humbug!
I could still inhale with a plastic bag, no problem. The problem in both cases is the CO2 build up. Your body reacts very very strongly to it. I took ALL Mannar of drugs and still couldn't do it.

A tank of helium could work though. Or nitrogen or argon. That didn't work for me either though, I still felt like I was suffocating. But it seems to work for some people so idk. It doesn't need to be completely air tight at all. You actually need an outflow to vent the excess CO2-containing gas
Thanks for the input - Co2 and falling out are the most overt problems. I can give it a shot then, no 'arm! It's pretty much empty already. I'll just see how it feels.

locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
The old ones with the locking handle are still around secondhand. A lot of people restore them for nostalgia. They go for pretty big bucks if restored, but you can find ones around that aren't restored if you look, if this is really the method you want to try.