• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

ConfusedHurting2632

ConfusedHurting2632

Student
Dec 22, 2021
TL;DR Reddit has a downvote/upvote system, and if you get too many downvotes, eventually you can't post or comment anymore. So unpopular opinions aren't welcome there. You gotta say what everyone else wants to hear.

Not sure if everyone here is familiar with Reddit, but it's a website with various different topics on it that highly thrives on upvotes/downvotes. And those upvotes/downvotes add up to your "karma score." Basically your "points" on there. The more points you have, the better. The less, the worse. If your points get too low you won't be able to post or comment anywhere anymore, because the system will start to detect you as a "bot" or a "spammer."

And as for opinions...to get any upvotes, you pretty much just need to say EXACTLY what people WANT to hear. Like look at what the most upvoted comments are saying, and write a comment like those but in slightly different words.

However...if you share an unpopular opinion...something people DON'T want to hear...oh boy...you're fucked. Here comes the downvotes!

And then you won't be able to post or comment anymore due to your low karma score.

G

Grumble

Lingering
Aug 25, 2018
Reddit is good for information, but I stopped looking at people's opinions there a long time ago.

Now, especially, when the "person" you're arguing with is just as likely to be a bot as it is another actual human.

I am at a point where I'm skeptical of everything and everyone on social media. Clickbait, troll bait, karma farming, AI content, or just plain attention-seeking... I'm too skeptical of stories, opinions, and people's motivations to bother consuming it now.

If you allow yourself a good break from it, you won't miss it.

Dliena

Dliena

πš‚πš‚ π™ΌπšŽπš–πš‹πšŽπš› π™½πš˜ : 43,53?
Dec 22, 2023
I used to post there when SS was still there. Also sometimes when SS was down.
I don't know if there are any Suicide discussions left.
I mean there still is on the r/SuicideWatch sub but most of the responses is just met with the typical 'Don't do it" or "then just kys already!"

Angst Filled Fuck Up

Angst Filled Fuck Up

Visionary
Sep 9, 2018
Man I hate that site. It's so irritating seeing every goofy subreddit thinking it's important enough to warrant everyone "following the rules" which are always crammed into the sidebar and way too convoluted. You can never just post something quickly because you're guaranteed to be violating some obscure guideline that is unique to that particular subreddit.

200w 1

Then there's everyone parroting each other and rehashing established "wisdom" just for karma. Once you've learned the top few magic phrases for whatever subreddit, congratulations, you're golden and can bask in the glory of your many internet points that are sure to roll in.

But say the wrong thing and you'll end up on the bottom of the pile, like you said. Still, as Redditors like to say themselves, "sort by controversial" for the real answers.

Last edited:
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
Have you seen: 'Black Mirror, Season 3, Episode 1: Nosedive' ? Your comment reminded me of that but, it's kind of scary- and true I think. Someone where I worked was asked how many followers they had when they went for an interview. It wasn't even a PR or influencer job!

TheSpookyNameGuy

TheSpookyNameGuy

There's nothing here..
Apr 30, 2023
I only use it for information or help.

It's a place where the "right" person has the most upvotes even if what they said is bullshit.

How people can sit on there all day and talk utter shite is beyond me but i guess i ain't a kneckbeard. Reminds me of facebook when everybody was constantly on it sharing their dinner pics.

Cool for guides and pics, ignore the rest.

hibikikyuxx

hibikikyuxx

Student
Oct 17, 2023
Reddit regularly sucks. The subreddits are echo chambers, bad opinions are everywhere, everyone has a god complex, the mods always abuse their power, etc. I really hate it when I google something and a reddit post shows up. It's not even good for infornation, it's full of misinformation.

ConfusedHurting2632

ConfusedHurting2632

Student
Dec 22, 2021
Lol that's why I only lurk on Reddit. I don't even have an account, I'm just a lurker
Yeah...it's probably for the best. I'm so sick and tired of posting something completely casual and inoffensive, and getting showered in downvotes for it...

Like one time I literally went down to -258 negative downvotes all because I said, and I quote: "I personally prefer white chocolate over dark chocolate and milk chocolate, but if others disagree that's their preference, and completely valid."

And then there were times I was downvoted for asking a question...

And other times I was literally downvoted for saying "thank you" or "no problem/you're welcome"...

It's just not worth it...best to just lurk.
I m not really familiar with Reddit but what you describe sounds like indirect censorship. Very nasty.
That's pretty much EXACTLY what it is...in theory the downvote button is suppose to weed out bots and trolls.

But what people ACTUALLY use it for as an "I disagree button" or an "I don't like this button," even if what you wrote is completely inoffensive and/or well-written.
I lurk on there…that community is pretty censored I think, they're not allowed to talk about as much stuff as we do
Yeah, it is censored. The subreddit rules explicitly say to not tell people about suicide methods, or else they'll get banned.

Reactions: sserafim
ThymeToLeave

ThymeToLeave

Adventurer
Dec 12, 2023
Pro-lifers would be downvoted to hell on a Sasu subreddit. The rest of reddit operates the same way. Try to have some empathy for other people.

Last edited:
tunnelV

tunnelV

Misanthrope is my religion
Oct 19, 2023
I'm too disgusted by reddit and it's users. It's not for honest people. You have to be a fake empty hivemind moron there. Make generic meaningless posts to get upvotes for Krama. Reddit is just for attention seekers.

It's too bad because before a certain age group became adults. Reddit wasn't like this nor were other sites like YouTube. Super fake and boring. Everyone has to be exactly alike, think exactly the same way, feel exactly the same way. If not? The mob of lunatics will attack you, as if you spit in their mothers face. How did that behavior become normal.

ConfusedHurting2632

ConfusedHurting2632

Student
Dec 22, 2021
Pro-lifers would be downvoted to hell on a Sasu subreddit. The rest of reddit operates the same way. Try to have some empathy for other people.
I guess that makes perfect sense...the negative thing though is you can't even post or comment anymore if your karma gets too low. Then it's the point of no return. Only solution is creating a new account, and hopefully you can keep your karma score relatively high.

Reactions: sserafim
RosebyAnyName

RosebyAnyName

Nov 9, 2023
I quit reddit when they started a large ban on "hate subs" and used that as an excuse to ban a bunch of feminist subs while keeping the actual NSFW r/pe p/rn and revenge p/rn subs untouched. All while it took multiple real life murders and shootings (overwhelmingly targeting women) and pressure from the media for them to finally stop platforming r/incel just a couple years earlier. Reddit has a really nasty dudebro culture, reminds me of 4chan but just slightly less anonymous.

ThymeToLeave

ThymeToLeave

Adventurer
Dec 12, 2023
I guess that makes perfect sense...the negative thing though is you can't even post or comment anymore if your karma gets too low. Then it's the point of no return. Only solution is creating a new account, and hopefully you can keep your karma score relatively high.
Sometimes people go onto reddit (or other internet platforms) and intentionally say inflammatory things just to get downvotes. They have fun doing that. They think they're making all the "sheeple" on reddit dance like puppets. These people are disruptive, malignant sociopaths. If they get any leeway they will take advantage of it and cause more disruption. So of course they get restricted and/or banned. If the rest of the world can't tell the difference between you and them, can you really blame them for banning you?

You have to look at what other people are saying first and get a sense for whether your perspective would be disruptive or not. It can help if you use reddit's search function to see if the thing you want to talk about has been discussed on that particular subreddit (also check the rules or FAQs/wikis attached to the subreddit).

These are the struggles of people who don't fit in. It is unfortunate but natural and unavoidable.