Rounded Apathy

Rounded Apathy

Longing to return to stardust
Aug 8, 2022
I'm thinking this might work here because I get the impression from avatars there are a decent number of anime fans, but I'm not strictly looking for anime. A few months back, I watched the series Mushishi and was quite thoroughly impressed. I don't want much of anything these days, and it tends to be movies if anything as the commitment of a series is just unsustainable for me usually; but the deep, calm, introspective, melancholy, beautiful, thought provoking nature of the show just worked in such a lovely and harmonious way for me. Most episodes were pretty sombre but every once in a while there would be something positive, or light, even a bit funny.

I asked on reddit, specifying that I am not at all interested in shows that milk typical popular anime tropes as this was one of the things I loved about Mushishi. It didn't feel super fake and contrived because of characters regularly making ridiculous cartoon faces and moving about in physically impossible manners. I got a few recommendations, most of which I looked into and jumped about first episodes of to get a sense, and while some seemed good, others were exactly the kind of thing I hate. Maybe the mistake was asking in the anime sub, haha.

As I said I'm open to any kind of things, animated, live action, film, series - oddly I really did like the series format of the show as it was something I could return to which was comforting in a very dark time. Thanks in advance for any contributions.

Hollowillow

Hollowillow

I want throat hugs & anime! Can't use chat pm me
Aug 7, 2022
I miss anime. Too sick to watch tv right now.

Mushishi & hell girl (about revenge pacts) were very unique to me. Hell girl slowly turns bad, half of the last season was just recaps... Urg.

I like isekai. Shield hero was amazing but he loses his friends in s2 for a while,% and it freaked me out.