N

NaughtyGirl

Oct 3, 2021
I legit went to a local forest with the intention of looking for a good tree to hang myself from. I even ordered a flashlight so I could go there at night when the day comes and I thought about ordering a collapsible stool just a moment ago so it would be easier to reach a good branch. I was ready to purchase it but I couldn't find any interesting item to add to the cart from the sellers so that the price would be high enough for me not to pay for delivery. But I got annoyed so I guess I'm not purchasing it today.

It's actually hard to find good trees for hanging, I didn't realize it until I started looking. 99.9% of trees in my area have branches way too high to reach. And the ones that seem decent are way to exposed. I already inspected local park and other semi-wild areas and they're all pretty bad.

At one point in the forest I thought I found a good spot, it seemed fairly distant from the main path and the tree was nicely bent at a 90 degree angle. It even had a smaller tree or branch bent right beneath it so I wouldn't even need a stool. But then I go a couple steps further and discover a hunter preparing food for the boars so they come at night and can be shot at. I didn't know this at that instant, I just asked him if the forest was safe at night and then he told me about boars and that hunters hunt them at night in this particular forest I forgot to ask when exactly does this happen and now I don't know if I can go there at any time at all and still do it safely.

When I was heading back I found another nicely bent tree near the entrance to the forest. It's absolutely perfect in size but a little exposed so i thought about buying some sort of nature camera so I could leave it there for some time and see how many people walk past that spot at any given time.

It's all quite ridiculous really.

Reactions: Crazy4u, deletemyaccount1, ihatemylife and 1 other person
socrates

socrates

I know nothing except the fact of my ignorance.
Dec 3, 2019
I feel like life's ultimate FU is just how hard it is to ctb. Every time you find a new ctb there is something to get in the way. It's like life wants to remind you every reason you want to leave in the first place.

Reactions: CloseFriendofCamus, Crazy4u, myopybyproxy and 9 others
Darkover

Darkover

Angelic
Jul 29, 2021
i've ordered a rope ladder pull up bar i live in my own flat and have a attic so i can put the pullup bar in the attic hatch and tie rope around it and make a hanging noose, i probably won't go out by hanging as it's to scary for me, but it's there in case i ever need it, but i'd prefer to shoot myself then hang myself.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: deletemyaccount1, hlynn95 and apathetic.
N

NaughtyGirl

Oct 3, 2021
I feel like life's ultimate FU is just how hard it is to ctb. Every time you find a new ctb there is something to get in the way. It's like life wants to remind you every reason you want to leave in the first place.
Well, yesterday I was on a walk and seriously thinking about it and at one point I looked up and noticed a billboard advertising the newest James Bond movie...
i've ordered a rope ladder pull up bar i live in my own flat and have a attic so i can put the pullup bar in the attic hatch and tie rope around it and make a hanging noose, i probably won't go out by hanging as it's to scary for me, but it's there in case i ever need it, but i'd prefer to shoot myself then hang myself.
Pull up bar, I haven't thought of it. But I don't live alone and that would be fairly difficult to hide from my parents. Plus I don't think I'd trust it enough to be honest, I'm talking about the ones that utilize sheer pressure against the walls., not the ones you screw in.

Imagining myself just hanging there fully suspended and slowly struggling to live and then dying somehow turns me on which is strange because I've never considered myself a masochist. Maybe one day that feeling will help me.

Last edited:
Reactions: deletemyaccount1
Lance Stone

Lance Stone

A life of screwing up fixed in a determined flash
Oct 10, 2021
I legit went to a local forest with the intention of looking for a good tree to hang myself from. I even ordered a flashlight so I could go there at night when the day comes and I thought about ordering a collapsible stool just a moment ago so it would be easier to reach a good branch. I was ready to purchase it but I couldn't find any interesting item to add to the cart from the sellers so that the price would be high enough for me not to pay for delivery. But I got annoyed so I guess I'm not purchasing it today.

It's actually hard to find good trees for hanging, I didn't realize it until I started looking. 99.9% of trees in my area have branches way too high to reach. And the ones that seem decent are way to exposed. I already inspected local park and other semi-wild areas and they're all pretty bad.

At one point in the forest I thought I found a good spot, it seemed fairly distant from the main path and the tree was nicely bent at a 90 degree angle. It even had a smaller tree or branch bent right beneath it so I wouldn't even need a stool. But then I go a couple steps further and discover a hunter preparing food for the boars so they come at night and can be shot at. I didn't know this at that instant, I just asked him if the forest was safe at night and then he told me about boars and that hunters hunt them at night in this particular forest I forgot to ask when exactly does this happen and now I don't know if I can go there at any time at all and still do it safely.

When I was heading back I found another nicely bent tree near the entrance to the forest. It's absolutely perfect in size but a little exposed so i thought about buying some sort of nature camera so I could leave it there for some time and see how many people walk past that spot at any given time.

It's all quite ridiculous really.
I had the same thing happen to me, walked out into the woods at dawn and found a really nice tree, then realized there was some fucker watching me from his back porch. My area isn't to heavily forested either so its really hard for me to find good spots as well.

• Aww..
Reactions: CloseFriendofCamus, Crazy4u, deletemyaccount1 and 1 other person
exhausteduntreatable

exhausteduntreatable

Oct 8, 2021
I felt like this when I was going to ctb in a nice hotel a couple months back but then read up on the cleaning fees that would be charged to relatives. Felt so stupid. It's obvious that would be the case but it wasn't even on my mind.

In some places night hunting and baiting with food like that are illegal, incidentally.

Reactions: CloseFriendofCamus, deletemyaccount1 and 1Mazda16
Lance Stone

Lance Stone

A life of screwing up fixed in a determined flash
Oct 10, 2021
I felt like this when I was going to ctb in a nice hotel a couple months back but then read up on the cleaning fees that would be charged to relatives. Felt so stupid. It's obvious that would be the case but it wasn't even on my mind.

In some places night hunting and baiting with food like that are illegal, incidentally.
Honestly man that's kind of why I was against doing it in my own home, I didn't want my grandmother to have to clean it up mainly because shes one of the only family members that's ever supported me. Ironically enough, the Days Inn nearby me also has a clean up fee.

exhausteduntreatable

exhausteduntreatable

Oct 8, 2021
It's so hard. I hate the thought of him finding my body. Pretty sure that even if I put a note on the closed door like "do not enter just call the police" he would go in anyways. And having it happen in the house might cause him to move out.
I have been reading up on outdoor suicides. I have also read about people doing it in public buildings with locked single occupancy washrooms. Much less pleasant than a hotel room obviously.

Ash

Ash

What dreams may come?
Oct 4, 2021
I see places everywhere I go. There's even a great tree above a hollow where someone's put a rope for kids to swing on. Thought it was perfect until I realised that kids probably go there a lot and no child deserves to be the one to find a dead body. :(

Reactions: Crazy4u and deletemyaccount1
Gustav Hartmann

Gustav Hartmann

Mage
Aug 28, 2021
You need a car or bicycle to find a real remote forest. I found my tree two years ago and hided an expensive aluminum ladder beneath. It is still there, so I am sure, that nobody will disturb me. Not even wild animals if I do it at daylight.

existtosuffer

existtosuffer

Student
Sep 22, 2021
Yeah my local park is huge, but the trees I've found are exposed to main pathways. Haven't had luck finding any deep in the woods yet. I've found a play area that would be suitable, but it's on a path that faces houses. Hanging is a lot more difficult than you think.

Chisel

Chisel

My dreams where I live. My life is my nightmares
Sep 27, 2021
I've thought about using railway bridges, most have good sturdy metal rails over top to secure to, with a nice drop. Maybe go look at some of them?

Reactions: CloseFriendofCamus and deletemyaccount1
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
One of the things I fear the most is being found too early and being left with damage. I think hanging will likely be my method and I will probably do it inside. Of course if I did do it outside I would have to find somewhere very isolated. I wish ctb was not this difficult, we deserve an peaceful exit at a time of our own choosing. I cannot see trees now without thinking of ctb.

Reactions: CloseFriendofCamus, deletemyaccount1, Gustav Hartmann and 1 other person
D

deletemyaccount1

May 17, 2021
Yeah it's horrible