• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

FuneralCry

FuneralCry

She wished that she never existed...
Sep 24, 2020
I do not see it as a good thing, people choosing to procreate in a world that is filled with pain and suffering. More than anything I wish I was never born. All of our problems are caused by the fact that we exist in the first place. Life is an unnecessary, pointless experience that we go through for the sake of it.

Sanva

Sanva

:/
Dec 10, 2021
i'm really scared that someday i'll have some weird instinct kick in and decide i actually want to have kids. according to my mom, that was how it was for her. I really really hope i never have children. Apart from a family history of severe mental illness, the world is overpopulated anyway. and if i do go on for a few more decades, i don't want to have to dedicate my entire life to a child. I want to do things i enjoy.

Hirokami

Hirokami

Out of order
Feb 21, 2021
Being the only child, I have a lot of pressure to continue the bloodline. Though, I know it wouldn't be a good idea. For one, mental illness is very prevalent in my genetics and doesn't seem to skip a single generation. Ergo, there is a very high chance my child could develop anxiety at best and bipolar disorder at worst. I wouldn't want to take such a risk and have the kid end up like me, if not worse. And because of my mental health, I'm not even sure if I'd be a good parent in the first place. I tend to dissociate under extreme stress, and being a parent seems extremely stressful. How can I be there for a child if I'm dissociating half the time? I can't even be there for myself.

This world is already shit. If nothing else, my hypothetical offspring at least deserves to have a decent home. And if I'm not confident that I can provide that, then it's better that I don't have a child. I just hope my dumbass doesn't cave into the pressure and have one regardless.

• Hugs
Reactions: WrongPlaceWrongTime
LastFlowers

LastFlowers

the haru that can read
Apr 27, 2019
I don't want to get into this again but I'm going to anyway. Some of the nicest people I've met here are parents because it generally makes people better since they're no longer the most important person in their life. I say this as someone who's parents were fucking useless however. I don't resent them for having me though. I liked my life up to a point. I wouldn't want kids because I don't want the responsibility which I suspect is many others reason to. Those that do more power to them. Who the fuck am I or any of us to be looking down our noses as morally superior? Ask yourself what you've contributed to the world. What others do is none of our business unless it directly impedes on our own lives which it does not
Did you mean parents on SS or in general?

It's just strange because I've had the opposite experience, some of the nastiest and most narcissistic individuals I have ever met were parents (not much on here though).
It generally made them more selfish if anything, they just channeled it through their child, used their child as a prop to make them both of some superior importance to others. Very myopic, very inconsiderate of anyone but their child, or their own selves.
Easily afflicted with narrow-mindedness, and the individuality is sucked right out of them, if it wasn't already from being a couple.
The majority of people I have known before they were parents..who then became parents, well, the after was markedly less bearable than the before.
People can become absolutely insufferable.
Especially when their children are still small and they see them as an extension of themselves.

And it all makes sense really, considering I have yet to hear of an (honest) unselfish reason for choosing to procreate.
Have you ever stumbled upon a Mommy FB group?
It's a fucking minefield.
(Don't get me wrong, Dads aren't rainbows and sunshine either.)

Not to say there aren't decent people who are parents or those who came to the conclusion-even if too late-that it may have been a morally dubious thing to do, or a coerced decision. Not all parents will defend their own decision once they give it deeper thought, I appreciate those types of parents. It doesn't mean they have to regret their actual children, it's just a matter of hindsight.

Idk about anyone else, but I'm not the most important person in anyone's life regardless of children or not, and plenty of parents are the center of their own universe, always and forever. Some here are the result of that, and much more. I've learned more than enough humility for one lifetime, any self-centeredness remaining would be an essential consequence of being in an unfortunate position for an extended period of time with only one's self around to give a damn, but nothing that would suggest a lack of niceties toward others.

I think we, as (adult) children, are the ones who do deserve to look down our noses at our own parents, maybe if someone had done it to them on the subject, a great many of us would have been spared. My parent's decision is definitely my business and 'impeding' on my life is an understatement.
(You may feel differently about this if you had some good times, or feel that your life wasn't a complete bust.)

I am unsure of what I contributed to the world, or what I will, but I know it will never be children, nor much more of my life.

Sorry @Mr2005 I know I'm bugging you after you said you didn't want to get into this again. Just wanted to give my two cents.

Plus I think as far as people who come across more favorably, it's probably just an individual thing.
There are selfish and egotistical child-free folk same as there are with those who do have children, and with the inverse, more well-meaning and courteous individuals can come from either side of the fence as well.
Just depends who we cross paths with.

stygal

stygal

low-wage worker
Oct 29, 2020
I completely agree with OPs statements.

Just don't have kids - it's that simple.

If anyone was to have the irrational urge to dictate their own morals on somebody else while having the potential to fuck them up completely - they might as well adopt a poor soul that already exists.

Reactions: avoid_slow_death
Suicidebydeath

Suicidebydeath

No chances to be happy - dead inside
Nov 25, 2021
I feel kinda awful not having genetic kids because I'm the most talented and possibly smartest in the family, at school, etc but also I have awful C-PTSD and narc family and family with mental and health problems.

However my siblings have all had tons of kids and some of them are already turning into athletes and other things so maybe it will balance out, it's not like I can be that genetically different to my siblings. So they are talented at other things.

I think in general adoption is the best way to have kids, whether they're young or adult adoptees.

Ashu

Ashu

novelist, sanskritist, Canadian living in India
Nov 13, 2021
#1 childfree people are happier.
#2 we are morally superior. Actually just superior, no qualifiers needed.

Good idea. Don't have children.

#3 it is my business since my taxes pay for those kids education and healthcare.

In other words, for my education and healthcare, and the healthcare of every unwanted, wounded, self-hating child in this group and society. Lovely. Welcome to our support group.

Hirokami

Hirokami

Out of order
Feb 21, 2021
The entire concept of anyone needing to continue a bloodline is bizarre to me.
I actually agree. I don't plan on having a child, let alone for such a shallow reason. Unfortunately, my family doesn't see it that way and I'm not sure if I can convince them on why that shouldn't be a motivator to reproduce.