• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

SinisterKid

SinisterKid

Visionary
Jun 1, 2019
You cant be Pro Choice and not present both sides of the debate surrounding the issue, in this case, suicide. I cant speak for the Admins, they can do that for themselves, but I would suggest that was the leaning behind making the decision to incorporate a Recovery section. Better to ask them though.

And my point is not really concerning the Recovery section, its about what the ethos of the forum is, which is Pro Choice and my interpretation of what that means and how it should be used. It was in response to the OP who mentioned that the severe side of the mental health spectrum was not represented here anymore and the fact they labelled it as a pro CTB forum, which it is not.

azucaramargo

azucaramargo

Enlightened
Sep 16, 2018
Just when did all this stereotyping begin? I am normal. I just have severe depression and anxiety issues which are not relationship based whatsoever. I am also disabled with a mild form of brain damage for the last 11 years. Does that mean I am not normal? I am some kind of monster? Are my reasons for possibly ending my own life not valid because I consider myself normal? Ask my little one and see if she thinks I am normal or not. I dont have 2 heads or any limbs missing. I walk with sticks and she has never known me be anything other than what I am right now. I am her grandad, a very normal one.

I have learnt over the last 11 years to deal with my life on a daily basis. I still have very bad days, but overall, I manage to stay alive. I cover up well. I dont complain in the real world, I am quiet and just get on with things the best way I can. Does that mean I am normal or not?

Joining in June this year, I know some of the recent adverse publicity has meant a few changes. I dont know what the place was like before that. I trawled back through older posts and dont see a great deal of difference to what is posted today. People have their issues, unique to them and I am in no position to say whether those reasons are valid or reasonable or not. But age, gender, problems, creed, colour, none of them make anyones issues any the less than anyone else's. I am old, but I am heartbroken by the numbers of young people here who feel, for whatever reason, that suicide is the only answer to their problems/issues. That means to me that as a society, we are failing and to be blunt, its posts like these that reinforce those failings in my opinion. But it is only that, my opinion which just differs to yours on this subject and it is not worth arguing or debating. This forum belongs to everyone who needs it to be there for them, me included and I am normal, like it or not.
SinisterKid, you're a helluva writer! Beautiful post! I devoured every word.
the partner thread is not here anymore, links cannot be shared, attempts can not be live-published and there is a recovery forum
barely any thread is about discussing methods, and after having spoken to a bunch of people on here I concluded most people here are suicidal because they aren't in a relationship
I don't feel at home at this place I don't want to downgrade anyone's problems but being suicidal while a) you are still able to function in society or b) you have frens/loving parents/SO or c)the only problem is depression >just visit reddit
I don't like what this place has become (mainly due to all the publication)
I'd say I am a caring person and I gladly support anyone from the community that I thought I was part of but it feels like almost no one issues are severe and it is mostly just making yourself believe that your life is bad enough for suicide

goodbye SS
a forum that started off for severe mental suicidal people/shut-ins but has been taken over by normies
This is interesting. I don't know what the partner thread is/was. And, I've always been curious about people who, for all intents and purposes, had charmed lives, but still wanted to die.

I guess you're not here to respond anymore, but at
> 1,153 messages
> still alive
you suffer from lememe depression, you're not suicidal
What's lememe depression?

Last edited:
Dreamcolleger

Dreamcolleger

I surrender... I SURRENDER!
Apr 26, 2019
I don't think there's any problem with the recovery section. If it's not for you just don't go there, I know I have no business there and I wouldn't want anything I have to say to negatively affect someone trying recovery. So I just don't read or post there, and I'm glad it's helping other people.

O

oopswronglife

Elementalist
Jun 27, 2019
I've tried to be an empathetic and understanding person my whole life and try to realize even when people are being shitty it's for a reason and not about me/us etc rather because they can't deal with something...but that only goes so far and if you are stooping to attacking other victims saying they are not "real victims" then you have crossed the line in my view and disregarded the very empathy you want for yourself. That also goes for all of the people "DMing" afraid to share your view because of the "evil SJWs" who will say it's not cool to be a dick to others...you aren't victims of censorship or oppression because people ask you to be nice. I'd think of all the people in the world, those who suffer like this would be the most understanding. I am constantly reminded this isn't true.

Last edited:
After The End

After The End

The lily whispers, “I wait.”
Jul 31, 2019
azucaramargo said:
What's lememe depression?

I am fairly sure the OP means meme depression. It's not an assessment I agree with just in case there is any doubt here.

I know you didn't ask this, but there is also a distinction between normie and normal, but if you want an in-depth explanation you'll have to ask someone else. It's not my subculture.

oppswronglife said:
That also goes for all of the people "DMing" afraid to share your view because of the "evil SJWs" who will say it's not cool to be a dick to others

Just because the OP is acting a certain way doesn't mean everyone who agrees with them is acting the same way and unless you actually know what the people DMing are saying it may be best not to assume they're being dicks.

oppswronglife said:
...you aren't victims of censorship or oppression because people ask you to be nice.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I just re-read this thread and I can't see anyone complaining about oppression or censorship.

oppswronglife said:
I'd think of all the people in the world, those who suffer like this would be the most understanding

The thing is there is no, 'suffering like this,' there are people here with wildly different problems, and a rather slim thread of common feeling in that we are all either suicidal, or struggle with thoughts of wanting to die or committing suicide. Empathy doesn't always produce sympathy, and that doesn't mean people aren't being empathetic. Sometimes when I put myself in some people's shoes I think, 'uh, well, I kind of wish my life was this good,' and I'm sure plenty of people would feel the same way about my situation. Ironically I can empathise. This is where some trust and good faith can go a long way, in that the more you communicate the better you understand each other, but these are finite resources in a world where they are frequently abused or taken advantage of, and there are some people I have no interest in communicating with. Not because I'm a dick but because their issues revolve around subjects that trigger me.I can also think of half a dozen people off the top of my head who have actually committed or attempted suicide that I have zero sympathy for. Jeffrey Epstein stands out as a particularly recent and noteworthy example. I can empathise with them (and in some cases I sympathise with facets of their life) but that doesn't mean I sympathise with their suicide or attempted suicides, and I doubt we would ever have enough common ground to communicate.

IMHO, I would also tend to assume the bigger a forum like this the more likely it is to split up into different subcultures who share similar issues. As long as no one group is trying to invalidate the others or claim any sort of monopoly on real problems (sadly, I have seen this) I can't see how this would be an issue. But there are also going to be people who aren't honest about why they're here, and there are going to be people who have, 'meme depression,' as the OP calls it; this is a mathematical certainty. I don't think anyone is so enlightened they're in a position to be calling anyone out on this basis. That's not going to lead to anything good. At the same time though no one is forcing us to interact with people who rub us the wrong way.

Last edited:
O

oopswronglife

Elementalist
Jun 27, 2019
Just because the OP is acting a certain way doesn't mean everyone who agrees with them is acting the same way and unless you actually know what the people DMing are saying it may be best not to assume they're being dicks.

He specifically said people are PMing him support for his/her view because they are afraid of "SJW" retaliation. You know exactly what kind of person that is when they support such a view and use "SJW" as an insult.

It's NEVER ok to gatekeep being suicidal and you can try and moderate the view all you want in long paragraphs. Decent people just do not do it. The OP was mean and wrong.

After The End

After The End

Jul 31, 2019
He specifically said people are PMing him support for his/her view because they are afraid of "SJW" retaliation.

And you trust the OP? You don't think they come off as having an axe to grind or anything?

You know exactly what kind of person that is when they support such a view and use "SJW" as an insult.

I'm afraid I don't. The term is commonly used as an insult by a huge variety of people, and that's assuming they even said this in the first place.

It's NEVER ok to gatekeep being suicidal.

I think the problems begin when people start trying to invalidate other people's experiences, claim a monopoly on real problems, or just generally try to quantify human suffering.

Edit: ah, edits.

and you can try and moderate the view all you want in long paragraphs. Decent people just do not do it. The OP was mean and wrong.

You should read my long paragraphs. I don't support the OP. In fact I was pretty explicit that, 'I don't think anyone is so enlightened they're in a position to be calling anyone out on this basis,' and that problems begin when people, '[try] to invalidate the others or claim any sort of monopoly on real problems,' though ironically:

That also goes for all of the people "DMing" afraid to share your view because of the "evil SJWs" who will say it's not cool to be a dick to others

I'd say it's mean and wrong to attack others over statements you're not privy to, and you can justify that view with all the straw-men you want, but decent people just do not do it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lennox
DepressionsAHo

DepressionsAHo

Heaven gained a new ho
Feb 15, 2019
I have a job. I'm currently at domino's waiting for a pizza I ordered to get handed to me. I have to etch a smile on my face every fucking day to pass as a normal person at that job. I have to socialize. Just because I'm not an utter recluse who hides in the dark corners of my bedroom 23 hours a day does not mean I am not suicidal. Don't you dare have the fucking gall to tell me I'm not suicidal. Fuck every single one of those people who agreed with you too. Don't try to gatekeep people's suicidality
Like @RainAndSadness I've been here unfortunately over a year and not a day has passed where I don't want.to die. I'm just waiting for my moment to happen
Hopefully today if I can keep this up

After The End

After The End

Jul 31, 2019
Just because I'm not an utter recluse who hides in the dark corners of my bedroom 23 hours a day does not mean I am not suicidal.

This doesn't come off as judgemental at all.

restingspot

restingspot

Lucid Dreamer
May 30, 2019
Anybody who uses the term "normie" in a serious manner should automatically be ignored, to be honest. I know exactly what type of person you are when you jeer at the consideration the mods take into place when accepting users. Not all suicidal people can ctb as easy as others, due to geographical reasons, personal reasons (like the Buddhists on this forum), financial reasons, etc.. They still need a place to post.

Sanctioned Suicide has always been a pro-CHOICE forum, which means you can still be suicidal and CHOOSE to either take a swing at life again (Recovery board), CHOOSE to connect with other suicidal people for support (this entire goddamn website), or CHOOSE to look up methods to plan when you DO have a chance to ctb (the methods megathreads).

"lememe depression" fuck off, and i hope you don't come back either.

DepressionsAHo

DepressionsAHo

Heaven gained a new ho
Feb 15, 2019
This doesn't come off as judgemental at all.
Pretty sure she put it in the post itself saying that if you're not like that you're not suicidal mate. No, she didn't say exactly that, but she said it in other words
Anybody who uses the term "normie" in a serious manner should automatically be ignored, to be honest. I know exactly what type of person you are when you jeer at the consideration the mods take into place when accepting users. Not all suicidal people can ctb as easy as others, due to geographical reasons, personal reasons (like the Buddhists on this forum), financial reasons, etc.. They still need a place to post.

Sanctioned Suicide has always been a pro-CHOICE forum, which means you can still be suicidal and CHOOSE to either take a swing at life again (Recovery board), CHOOSE to connect with other suicidal people for support (this entire goddamn website), or CHOOSE to look up methods to plan when you DO have a chance to ctb (the methods megathreads).

"lememe depression" fuck off, and i hope you don't come back either.
I hope she don't come back neither. Everybody who agreed with her can gtfo too :happy:

Reactions: oopswronglife
P

PBis

May 24, 2019
I think OP should be cut some slack. Yes, she was brutally unfair towards other members (I admit i found her bad manners slightly refreshing). But she was ranting, trying to get a point across - that the site is losing some of its subversive quality. If her post was an/the inspiration behind the return of the Partners Megathread (24 new posts over the weekend!), i think we should be grateful. Yes, she could have asked nicely - but that was never what she had in mind with this thread.

O

oopswronglife

Elementalist
Jun 27, 2019
I think OP should be cut some slack. Yes, she was brutally unfair towards other members (I admit i found her bad manners slightly refreshing)

I give people a wide latitude until they cross the line of attacking and minimizing other victims and find any excusing of such behavior terribly frustrating. That's even lower than a typical person doing it because we know how it feels to be ignored and dismissed. I don't give two shites about being "subversive". That doesn't mean I wish ill will upon the OP but it doesn't justify their behavior in any way nor win some debate. It gets really old seeing so many topics devolve into multi quoted arguments that go page after page...like the Shatto thread....and how this one is becoming. Save that nonsense for Reddit I say. If someone wants a free for all where they can be a dick and have it appreciated then the chans are there too.

Last edited:
After The End

After The End

Jul 31, 2019
DepressionsAHo said:
Pretty sure she put it in the post itself saying that if you're not like that you're not suicidal mate. No, she didn't say exactly that, but she said it in other words

I wasn't responding to the OP. The OP didn't say this. The OP said, 'a forum that started off for severe mental suicidal people/shut-ins but has been taken over by normies' which is not saying this, 'in other words,' 'cuz there's, y'know, a slash between severe mental suicidal people (forgive the grammar, not my words) and shut-ins.

restingspot said:
Anybody who uses the term "normie" in a serious manner should automatically be ignored, to be honest.

Funny, I'd say anyone who says any group should automatically be ignored, especially if they seem suicidal, should automatically be ignored.

PBis said:
]I think OP should be cut some slack. Yes, she was brutally unfair towards other members (I admit i found her bad manners slightly refreshing). But she was ranting, trying to get a point across - that the site is losing some of its subversive quality. If her post was an/the inspiration behind the return of the Partners Megathread (24 new posts over the weekend!), i think we should be grateful. Yes, she could have asked nicely - but that was never what she had in mind with this thread.

You obviously don't know how the internet works. If someone shows us how low people can go y'all better to turn on the limbo music. Because there's a whole subset of people who are going to respond by behaving in exactly the same way. Never mind that this is a moderated forum, and if someone is personally attacking other people everything can be handled by the admins with minimal fuss. The internet doesn't do minimal fuss.

DepressionsAHo

DepressionsAHo

Heaven gained a new ho
Feb 15, 2019
I wasn't responding to the OP. The OP didn't say this. The OP said, 'a forum that started off for severe mental suicidal people/shut-ins but has been taken over by normies' which is not saying this, 'in other words,' 'cuz there's, y'know, a slash between severe mental suicidal people (forgive the grammar, not my words) and shut-ins.
Be offended then.

Funny, I'd say anyone who says any group should automatically be ignored, especially if they seem suicidal, should automatically be ignored.

You obviously don't know how the internet works. If someone shows us how low people can go y'all better to turn on the limbo music. Because there's a whole subset of people who are going to respond by behaving in exactly the same way. Never mind that this is a moderated forum, and if someone is personally attacking other people everything can be handled by the admins with minimal fuss. The internet doesn't do minimal fuss.

Be offended then. Not the slightest bit my problem
Also, she dismissed anybody who is able to play a part in society as not being actually suicidal. So let me repeat myself. No, I'm not an utter recluse who hides in the dark corner of my bedroom 23 hours a day
But that doesn't mean I'm not truly suicidal

Last edited:
Reactions: pole
After The End

After The End

Jul 31, 2019
Be offended then. Not the slightest bit my problem

Trying to find the bit where I said I was offended. Again you should try reading what you're responding to. Though I get it. It's easier to straw-man.

Last edited:
DepressionsAHo

DepressionsAHo

Heaven gained a new ho
Feb 15, 2019
Trying to find the bit where I said I was offended. Again you should try reading what you're responding to. Though I get it. It's easier to straw-man.
Nice edit. Like I said. Be offended. You do you.
You're dismissed

After The End

After The End

Jul 31, 2019
Nice edit.

I wasn't aware I needed your permission to edit my content, especially when it comes before anyone has responded, speaking of edits I'll respond to yours (since it was made after my response) here:

Also, she dismissed anybody who is able to play a part in society as not being actually suicidal. So let me repeat myself. No, I'm not an utter recluse who hides in the dark corner of my bedroom 23 hours a day

I just quoted the relevant text, which was, 'a forum that started off for severe mental suicidal people/shut-ins but has been taken over by normies' pretty sure we went over this. But you prefer your straw-man version of it. That's fine.

Like I said. Be offended. You do you.

Again 'you should try reading what you're responding to. Though I get it. It's easier to straw-man.' annd you obviously prefer your straw man version of this too.

You're dismissed

If that means you're going away, thanks.

Last edited:
Reactions: Baskol1
DepressionsAHo

DepressionsAHo

Heaven gained a new ho
Feb 15, 2019
I wasn't aware I needed your permission to edit my content, especially when it comes before anyone has responded, speaking of edits I'll respond to yours (since it was made after my response) here:

I just quoted the relevant text, which was, 'a forum that started off for severe mental suicidal people/shut-ins but has been taken over by normies' pretty sure we went over this. But you prefer your straw-man version of it. That's fine.

Again 'you should try reading what you're responding to. Though I get it. It's easier to straw-man.' annd you obviously prefer your straw man version of this too.

If that means you're going away, thanks.
Yours was edited as an insult
Mine was not
You do you boo boo

After The End

After The End

Jul 31, 2019
Yours was edited as an insult

Calling out straw-men isn't an insult.

Also, I thought i was dismissed? What happened to that?