• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

SexyIncél

SexyIncél

🍭my lollipop brings the feminists to my candyshop
Aug 16, 2022
Fucked up. Was on track to achieving a 3-day workweek. Ballooned to 4, because I goofed up. Thus I failed to do singing training. Every skill I develop is useful in some goal

It's all simple: increase pleasure, decrease suffering. (Positive & negative utilitarianism, whatever)

Unwise to workout today, because I have living vaccine in me. I'll always have a couple workout sessions a week that pushes me to limits, where I touch my limits. Suffering is part of masculinity, because it's the social construct designed for a subset of people who must accomplish unnatural things. The universe resists you, and that resistance manifests as suffering

One of the two things I created apparently had a tiny flaw. I'll see what it is. I realize I didn't check one part; I have a blindspot there

You can't truly decrease suffering unless you increase pleasure too. People have such low expectations for their social relations. They just want "a relationship" or "frienship", whatever-the-fuck that means. No. People in my life must feel that they get things that few (if any) people in human history ever got

sserafim

sserafim

brighter than the sun, that's just me
Sep 13, 2023
Lol why are you doing singing training

Reactions: SexyIncél
penguinl0v3s

penguinl0v3s

Wait for Me 💙
Nov 1, 2023
People having low standards is what gets them into abusive relationships that crush their self-esteem even further and only reinforces their low standards 😮‍💨

druggedonsurvival

druggedonsurvival

Student
Feb 8, 2024
Pleasure is superficial and does not resolve existential dissatisfaction, at least for me. Though I guess it depends on how exactly you would define "pleasure." I'm thinking of it as another word for dopamine or physical stimulation.

SexyIncél

SexyIncél

🍭my lollipop brings the feminists to my candyshop
Aug 16, 2022
Update: did the "one month day" on Monday! Worked nice, though it was more like 1.5 weeks of previous effectiveness. Still worth it. Will try it more

Yesterday, my personal trainer mentioned the "kinetic chain" while I rowed. I asked if it was like the whip-like motion of a punch — each link of your body accelerating the next. (From powerful thick to rapidly-accelerating thin.) He agreed. Since he was a boxer in the military, we'll have a session on boxing

I sometimes have nicknames for myself. Mine right now: "the whip". My recent history feels like I built myself into structures that accelerate each other. A chain from effective philosophy to a domain's tiny details

Another thing from yesterday: the saying "move towards pain". That is, if there's something worthwhile to do, but I feel bored/tired, I can say this phrase & suddenly get a burst of energy. (Obviously this doesn't mean go injure myself)

My personal trainer often mentions there's 2 kinds of clients: those who push themselves to "finish strong" when there's 10 seconds left — and those who weaken. Since you'll experience those 10 seconds regardless, you might as well push yourself to the limit. Leaving no toothpaste in the tube

The whip still accelerates at the end

Lol why are you doing singing training
Many ways to answer that question... for example:
  • If you have poetry & public speaking, then it feels moronic to not sing. Each skill multiplies off each other
  • Dunno what they do in normie relationships. But someone in a relationship with me gets wakeup songs & lullabies... The greater their intellectual/moral/physical virtues, the more motivated I am to make art... not just for them — but ABOUT them! Even billionaires don't get this. Suppose someone unique bends his mind to you — maybe he learns a parts of a new language to make rhymes/puns across the different languages you know — using any technique/medium to make art suited perfectly to you — how'd you feel?
  • Singing gives you neural/muscle-memory of notes, so you're not just relying on passive hearing with other instruments
  • Part of my job is to reduce complexity. Singing helps get ideas into people's heads. (As I hear Descartes mentioned, logical argument is like the worst way to convince someone of anything. It's hard for most to think with principles rather than patterns)

Pleasure is superficial and does not resolve existential dissatisfaction, at least for me. Though I guess it depends on how exactly you would define "pleasure." I'm thinking of it as another word for dopamine or physical stimulation.
Yeah, here I mean pleasure differently. Like pleasure's etymology: "agree". Linking into group minds, which has a wild effect on cognition

Under my meaning, dopamine & such are biological by-products

• Informative
Reactions: sserafim