• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

saltshaker

saltshaker

salt shaker, rule breaker
Jan 29, 2021
Managed to not drink today, feeling rotten.

Soulless Angel

Soulless Angel

Did someone say Rum?
Jul 6, 2020
OK maybe I have a problem, I need a drink, I need to relax! Well I don't need to drink but I want to so i can relax, but cant!

N

noaccount

Enlightened
Oct 26, 2019
Alcohol is one of the only things that helps me cope with having a near photographic memory and no ability to dissociate.
Molly felt helpful for me on the couple rare occasions I was able to access it. Hear there's some decrim and legal med trials / safe-supply access happening for that now in parts of Canada??

I wonder, since benzos are chemically very similar to alcohol, if that could provide occasional help in short term withdrawal?
But long term, benzos pose greater addiction and neurological-damage risks, so I don't want to promote that recklessly.
(benzorecovery reddit seems like a maybe-good resource for anyone struggling with that.)

i've found, after being drunk, and then after the hangover,
there's then, like, a 24-48-hour later rebound period, that's not like being hung-over, that's different but somehow worse? Yeah feels like the fucking world is ending sometimes. But it's not my first end of the world. Solidarity.

kovkay

kovkay

Experienced
Jun 29, 2020
I had a bit of a run-in with alcohol right after I was able to legally buy it. I drank it excessively and at inappropriate times. Used every opportunity to drink. I'm glad my substance abuse arc ended the way it did, because a psychosis with a couple of years of anhedonia is easier to deal with than a lifetime of addiction.

sparkie

sparkie

Student
Mar 14, 2021
Managed to not drink today, feeling rotten.
i feel your nightmare been there still there i dont know what else to say
Have a drink, it might take the edge off.. oww wai

Have a drink, it might take the edge off.. oww wait
i love that think it was very funny
Have a drink, it might take the edge off.. oww wait
Your an intelligent person humour takes intelligence

Last edited:
TriggerHappy

TriggerHappy

In the kingdom of th blind; the one-eyed are kings
Jan 24, 2021
remember drugs / drink are mind /mood altering substances: and that the fuckn holy terror and madness will pass: i've spend a lifetime in recovery / withdrawal / relapse over and over.
i'm trying. to give up heroin (yeah feeling fuckn awful) right now my minds telling me I'm gonna relapse anyway - but then i'm back where i was... that's nowhere. try aa / na just for today (others going through your withdrawal)
whatever your process - millions have recovered and so can you - and if you fuckout just be nice to yourself.
one nanosecond at a time.
message me privately if you wish. M!GS

BluesRunTheGame

BluesRunTheGame

Blackpilled
Dec 15, 2020
I wonder, since benzos are chemically very similar to alcohol, if that could provide occasional help in short term withdrawal?
Yes they are prescribed, usually only at treatment centres though. I got some at hospital the other week but not enough for a proper detox. Had to slow drink again (taper off).