• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

D

do0mer

Jul 28, 2024
Hello,
I have a few questions about the SN method. First of all, are there any alternatives to antiemetics listed in the stans guide? I don't have access to any of the listed drugs (as they are either unavailable or prescription only), and I'd prefer to avoid lying to a doctor. Can I also not take any antiemetics if I don't find any to kill myself? The guide also recommends taking antacids, but I'm not exactly sure why, as further down the author states that NOT taking the drug will result in more SN reaching the bloodstream. Isn't that the whole point? Hope someone will clarify what the point of taking antacids is. Thanks in advance.

andreamysk

andreamysk

Jun 29, 2024
Hello,
I have a few questions about the SN method. First of all, are there any alternatives to antiemetics listed in the stans guide? I don't have access to any of the listed drugs (as they are either unavailable or prescription only), and I'd prefer to avoid lying to a doctor. Can I also not take any antiemetics if I don't find any to kill myself? The guide also recommends taking antacids, but I'm not exactly sure why, as further down the author states that NOT taking the drug will result in more SN reaching the bloodstream. Isn't that the whole point? Hope someone will clarify what the point of taking antacids is. Thanks in advance.
Hi,
regarding antacids, I quote a passage by @cowboypants that I thought was acceptable:

-------------
ANTACIDS AND ACID REDUCERS

Antacids work on the acids already present in the stomach. Whereas acid reducers inhibit the stomach from producing more acids. If there is a build up of acid in the stomach, then it often comes up.

Antacids are not recommended for now as it's speculated to slow down absorption.
For the heartburn, he mentions to take either an H2 Antagonist or Proton pump inhibitors (PPI). Out of the two, it's known that PPI are superior (Omeprazole/ Esomeptizole 80mg)
-------------

Regarding alternative AEs, I read this excerpt from https://web.archive.org/web/20210912075803/https://suicide.wiki/index.php?title=Sodium_Nitrite (not updated to the latest evidence, but at least offers some indications):
------------------
If you are on any of the following antipsychotics, you don't need to take any antiemetic, because they already function as an antiemetic. The dose needed will depend on whether you take it regularly, the dose you're prescribed, and your weight. (Seeman, 2006), (Kusumi, Boku and Takahashi, 2014), and (Li, L. Snyder and E. Vanover, 2016) reported affinity values (Ki) at the D2 receptors of antipsychotics. The lower the numbers next to the drugs, the more powerful antiemetic the substance is.
Receptor Binding Affinity of Dopamine Blockers
Drug classD2 antagonism
AntiemeticsDomperidone (0.3–3.4 nM), Clebopride (2 nM), Metoclopramide (9.18 nM), Bromopride (14 nM), Alizapride (200 nM)
1st generation antipsychoticsBenperidol (0.027 nM), Spiperone (0.053 nM), Droperidol (0.25 nM), Trifuperidol (0.4 nM), Haloperidol (2.0 nM), Chlorpromazine (2.6 nM), Bromperidol (2.1 nM), Prochlorperazine (6–8 nM), Levosulpiride (27–134 nM), Pipamperone (120 nM)
2nd generation antipsychoticsLurasidone (1.0 nM), Sestindole (2.7 nM), Paliperidone (2.8 nM), Risperidone (4.9 nM), Olanzapine (21 nM), Clozapine (144 nM), Quetiapine (245 nM)
BenzamideTiapride (320 nM)

------------------------
Regarding Metoclopramide, check that in your country there is not actually an over-the-counter version of the drug, with half the active ingredient compared to the standard version (10 mg). In that case - although I am not absolutely sure - you would still have something at your disposal.

Reactions: DOHARDTHINGS24 and cowboypants
D

DOHARDTHINGS24

Student
Apr 30, 2024
Hi,
regarding antacids, I quote a passage by @cowboypants that I thought was acceptable:

-------------
ANTACIDS AND ACID REDUCERS

Antacids work on the acids already present in the stomach. Whereas acid reducers inhibit the stomach from producing more acids. If there is a build up of acid in the stomach, then it often comes up.

Antacids are not recommended for now as it's speculated to slow down absorption.
For the heartburn, he mentions to take either an H2 Antagonist or Proton pump inhibitors (PPI). Out of the two, it's known that PPI are superior (Omeprazole/ Esomeptizole 80mg)
-------------

Regarding alternative AEs, I read this excerpt from https://web.archive.org/web/20210912075803/https://suicide.wiki/index.php?title=Sodium_Nitrite (not updated to the latest evidence, but at least offers some indications):
------------------
If you are on any of the following antipsychotics, you don't need to take any antiemetic, because they already function as an antiemetic. The dose needed will depend on whether you take it regularly, the dose you're prescribed, and your weight. (Seeman, 2006), (Kusumi, Boku and Takahashi, 2014), and (Li, L. Snyder and E. Vanover, 2016) reported affinity values (Ki) at the D2 receptors of antipsychotics. The lower the numbers next to the drugs, the more powerful antiemetic the substance is.
Receptor Binding Affinity of Dopamine Blockers
Drug classD2 antagonism
AntiemeticsDomperidone (0.3–3.4 nM), Clebopride (2 nM), Metoclopramide (9.18 nM), Bromopride (14 nM), Alizapride (200 nM)
1st generation antipsychoticsBenperidol (0.027 nM), Spiperone (0.053 nM), Droperidol (0.25 nM), Trifuperidol (0.4 nM), Haloperidol (2.0 nM), Chlorpromazine (2.6 nM), Bromperidol (2.1 nM), Prochlorperazine (6–8 nM), Levosulpiride (27–134 nM), Pipamperone (120 nM)
2nd generation antipsychoticsLurasidone (1.0 nM), Sestindole (2.7 nM), Paliperidone (2.8 nM), Risperidone (4.9 nM), Olanzapine (21 nM), Clozapine (144 nM), Quetiapine (245 nM)
BenzamideTiapride (320 nM)

------------------------
Regarding Metoclopramide, check that in your country there is not actually an over-the-counter version of the drug, with half the active ingredient compared to the standard version (10 mg). In that case - although I am not absolutely sure - you would still have something at your disposal.
Hey
I've seen that table before - any chance you can explain to me - in 2nd gen anti psychotics, next to quetiapine, it says 245nM - what does that mean??? I have no clue. It's a drug I'm on. I had a trial run of a single AE that you recently helped me with - no side effects. No chance to try a second one today though, but was encouraged by zero side effects. Doc that prescribes the quetiapine also prescribed AE - prochlorezapine or whatever - I trust doc that they aren't concerned about mixing the 2. Any help appreciated on the nM bit. Thanks.

• Informative
Reactions: Nephy
andreamysk

andreamysk

Jun 29, 2024
Hey
I've seen that table before - any chance you can explain to me - in 2nd gen anti psychotics, next to quetiapine, it says 245nM - what does that mean??? I have no clue. It's a drug I'm on. I had a trial run of a single AE that you recently helped me with - no side effects. No chance to try a second one today though, but was encouraged by zero side effects. Doc that prescribes the quetiapine also prescribed AE - prochlorezapine or whatever - I trust doc that they aren't concerned about mixing the 2. Any help appreciated on the nM bit. Thanks.
It is believed that the antiemetic effect of these classes of drugs is due to their antagonistic capacity on the D2 dopamine receptors: that value expressed in µM (micrometers) should express the respective affinity values for the D2 receptor (the lower the numbers next to the drugs, the more powerful antiemetic the substance is: that is, it should present a higher concentration).

PS: I have no chemical-pharmaceutical expertise and to answer you I only read some articles on PubMed :-)

Reactions: Nephy
Nephy

Nephy

I was only temporarily…
Jul 17, 2024
So you need a lot of quetiapine ? Damn! Was my choice 😖

andreamysk

andreamysk

Jun 29, 2024
So you need a lot of quetiapine ? Damn! Was my choice 😖
The relationship is not exactly linear (but it does antagonize dopamine D2 receptors a little less than the others). Whatever you are already taking (in your case, I assume, Quetiapine) the guide suggests (for the stat dose) to just triple the dose you are already taking (as well as for the meto which triples the standard dose of 10 mg).

I repeat that I have no chemical-pharmacological expertise and that mine are only suppositions based on what I have read 😓