Mm80

Mm80

Enlightened
May 15, 2019
Just my own theory/observation, but maybe it could be something that has been overlooked.
Many anti enemics particularly meto, block dopamine/serotonin in some way to prevent vomiting.
Many psychiatric drugs ie anti depresssans,may directly or indirectly increase brain dopamine/serotonin levels. Surely that would make one more susceptible to vomiting?
I can remember my gag reflex being really strong when just brushing my teeth or breathing in sharply, when ive been on antidepressants.and a common side effect can be nausea.
Does anyone else think that this could be a factor ? Im not advising anyone to stop taking anti depressants, but i will seriously consider tapering down when/if my time comes.
Thoughts?

Last edited:
Reactions: woxihuanni
RC90

RC90

Experienced
Sep 13, 2020
Depends which ones you taking. Mine have zero side effects.

The Abyss

The Abyss

Why're we still here, just to suffer?
Dec 19, 2019
Logically it'd make sense they'd want you to throw up easily if taking them due to heightened rate of suicidal thoughts & tendencies if you're prescribed them in the first place to counter overdose attempts. Design or coincidence?

• Wow
  • Aww..
Reactions: woxihuanni, Homecoming, Sinkinshyp and 2 others
Sinkinshyp

Sinkinshyp

Paragon
Sep 7, 2020
Logically it'd make sense they'd want you to throw up easily if taking them due to heightened rate of suicidal thoughts & tendencies if you're prescribed them in the first place to counter overdose attempts. Design or coincidence?

you've put up a really good point. This thread and your comment I had to look up my meds. It appears the duloxetine can make you nauseous. I guess I will have to wean myself off it and have it out of my system before I do my SN.

Reactions: The Abyss
Mm80

Mm80

Enlightened
May 15, 2019
you've put up a really good point. This thread and your comment I had to look up my meds. It appears the duloxetine can make you nauseous. I guess I will have to wean myself off it and have it out of my system before I do my SN.
Thanks i just think it may have been overlooked. An snri might Well raise serotonin and dopamine in to brain, the opposite to what drugs like meto are trying to do