• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

D

DeepSleep

Student
Aug 8, 2018
Some time ago I've been practicing with carotid compression.

Took 2 chairs (like on this picture), put a scarf on the corners for padding.
Lowered my neck so that the chairs' corner would press against the right spots.
Gradually moved it from top to bottom and back.

Unfortunately, my anatomy is the worst, I have no arteries or veins visible because I'm very thin (almost skinny).

But this could work if your anatomy allows for.
If you decide to practice - let the rest of us know about your findings.

Attachments

• 99999999999999.jpg
    99999999999999.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 0
J

Jorms_McGander

Arcanist
Oct 17, 2023
That's a creative way to do it, but what happens when you slump over and your arteries are uncompressed?

I think often of using an elastic belt with objects over my carotids, but I've never thought of this

Reactions: metothemoon
StalkedByDeath

StalkedByDeath

BPD; MDD; GAD
Sep 5, 2019
That's a creative way to do it, but what happens when you slump over and your arteries are uncompressed?

I think often of using an elastic belt with objects over my carotids, but I've never thought of this
Yeah I think the best way to practice is with what you'll be using to CTB; but you should NOT be practicing until you have accepted that you may end up completing. Practicing any method is extremely dangerous if you aren't ready to die.

Reactions: Ash
D

DeepSleep

Student
Aug 8, 2018
| That's a creative way to do it, but what happens when you slump over and your arteries are uncompressed?

That was a test run to see if I can find the spot. I heard and read stories that some people can compress their own carotids just by a thumb and index finger (V shape), elbow on the table, neck muscles relaxed.