N

noaccount

Enlightened
Oct 26, 2019
@Toxic Positivity I've had to help people flee states or even countries to stop being forced to take psych meds

• Wow
  • Aww..
Reactions: Per Ardua Ad Astra and ImsooDone1N
ImsooDone1N

ImsooDone1N

Arcanist
Nov 22, 2018
Fluvoxamine 150mg
Mirtazapine 15mg
Hydroxyzine 50mg
Clonazepam 2mg
Propranolol 10mg

THC oral 30-50mg
Morphine 30mg BID/TID, +15mg msir qhs
Peri-colace 8.6/50mg x 2 tabs qd
🙄 phew!!!

• Hugs
Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals
Per Ardua Ad Astra

Per Ardua Ad Astra

Malpractice: NeuroDystrophy-Paralysis-Meds-Injured
Sep 27, 2022
It sounds like a lot of people in this thread are forced onto medications by their doctors, which is awful

Yes — literally — 6+ years ongoing = Catalogue of horrifying catastrophes …

😥

Last edited:
R

Regen

I stay in my power
Aug 20, 2020
At the moment:

Tianeptin (Depression, more energy)
Quetiapin (for sleep)
Ramipril (blood pressure)

I have tried many medications for depression. Some of them helped, but not enough. With others, the side effects were too difficult.

In the end, I had the feeling that my psychiatrist didn't know what to do either. I resolved to ask her very clearly at my next appointment for a referral to a special depression outpatient clinic. I have the impression that she doesn't know what to do, is a bit annoyed by me and doesn't take me seriously enough and doesn't understand enough about severe, chronic depression.

I am curious what they can offer me at the depression outpatient clinic.

blackroseRM

blackroseRM

Jan 22, 2023
I am reading many of your lists in abject HORROR as someone with a psych degree because I KNOW the interactions of some of these medications and how they should NOT be taken together!! Mara fucking preserve us, whoever prescribed 2/3 of this thread needs to lose their license. I have a... troubling list of conditions, but my current list is:

Hydrochlorothiazide - 50mg x1 (blood pressure, hereditary)
Effexor - 150mg x1 (very volatile SSRI, high withdrawal effects but is working well for me so far)
Elavil - 50mg x1 (tricyclic antidepressant but helps me sleep/headaches)
Topamax - 100mg x2 (also helps with headaches and with PTSD nightmares)
Neurontin - 800mg x3 (an anti-seizure med also prescribed for neuropathic pain)

OTC:

Vitamin B12 - 5000mg x1
Vitamin D3 - 125mg x1
Omega3 - 2000mg x2

I'm working closely with my GP and psychiatrist to monitor the interactions of these meds and so far the worst I'm experiencing is some numbness in my hands when I wake up. Other side effects, it's hard to tell whether they're side effects or just... Part of my illnesses.
I enjoy pharmacology as well. I asked for the risperidone myself, since combined with sertraline (or any SSRI), helps with OCD, which is a major problem for me. Don't know if it works. I take a low dose of 1mg with 200mg sertraline. I think it's the sertraline that's doing the heavy lifting. Didn't notice much change after starting risp. Might drop it.

I don't have convulsions, the clonazepam is for anxiety and sleep. I know, it's usually used as an anti-convulsant. There are other benzos more suitable for anxiety and non-benzo Z drugs for sleep. My doctor seems to think it's easier to withdraw from clonazepam because of the longer half-life. I have only heard about switching from a shorter half life benzo to a longer one during taper. Withdrawal from chronic Clonazepam use is just as bad.

I have built up a tolerance to clonazepam. So, instead of boosting the dose, the doctor added zolpidem for insomnia. I still can't sleep more than 5 hours.
I'll say from experience with my sister taking benzos and myself taking a lot of SSRI/SNRI meds, there are alternatives for sleep that don't involve benzos. I think mixing the sertraline with the clonazepam is doing you a lot of harm if I'm honest. I don't know what country you're in so I don't know what all is available to you, but something like Elavil might be more beneficial than a benzo for sleep, unless your doctor thinks it won't be strong enough/too dangerous to mix with what you're taking. It has helped me for many years.

Last edited: