Which job could fit to me?

• Journalist

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Columnist

• SaSu should start paying me money for my god damn threads (irony)

Votes: 5 50.0%
  • Scientist

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Teacher

• Gig economy

• YouTuber

• Ghost writer (books, scientifical papers, short stories etc.)

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • Author (but what should be the topic?)

• Give up on all of that and aim to marry an old, rich grandma

• Total voters
N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
The people here in the forum only know me by my threads but some people recommended me to become a ghostwriter due to my ability to post this much and due to my eloquence. Although I think my German sounds way better than my English. I don't know enough technical terms on English and this is why it might sound repetitive.

Honestly I doubt I will ever be able to hold a job. Especially not 9 to 5. I am not resilient enough and when I hate the job I develop extremely crippling depression which let to being fired. (in the past)

Journalist - I don't know whether I am enough stress resistent for that. Maybe only as a freelancer. Though my mainstream centrist positions are already way too present on the news. I had to betray my political values (I am a leftwinger) and either write rightwing populist or leftwing populist articles. (I think the most money lies in right wing content - but I would hate myself for that). Moreover I cannot imagine investigative reporting.

Columnist - would be an easy way - but who would actually pay me for that?

SaSu should pay me - well it is a joke but seemingly posting myriads of threads is sort of my mental illness superpower and I wish I could turn that into money

Scientist - not sure whether I am smart enough for that and the working conditions in Germany seem to be horrendous. I only study part-time it would take way too long.

Teacher - I am scared the kids could start bullying me because I am so insecure and neurotic

Gig economy - I hate the notion of doing that. But maybe I had to find the right field I don't know

YouTuber- it is a gamble whether that works. I had to put so much work into that with no guarantee to make money

Ghost writer - seems interesting I am good at writing. I doubt I could write a whole book. But 10-30 pages why not. But not fictional stories. I have heard academical papers are a good way to earn money. But such ghost writer usually have to cover many subjects and I am not sure whether I could do that. I don't think it is illegal but to a certain extent immoral. Further it would feel bad to help rich students to rig the game in favor for them even more. Still better than suicide still I guess.

Author - I would use a pseudonym I have the feeling I might be better as an author about mental illness than about politics or the society. But I had to distort my story though. I think noone wants to read a self-help author who sees no other option than suicide eventually. I would feel bad about lying. Moreover people might identify me from this forum if my story is the same. I am scared about that - maybe there would be boycotts not to support a SaSu member.

I am not sure whether I could marry such an old grandma. I think I am not good at lying and maybe I would prefer to kill myself over starting to choose such morally questionable road. I think I might would feel disgusted by myself.

If you have a better job for me please write it as a comment!

Last edited:
Reactions: 4am, sserafim, movinout17 and 2 others
U

username8888

-
Oct 11, 2023
Do you like writing non-fiction more than fiction?

I don't know your background since I am a new member here.

It's relatable. I am kind of in a similar conditions.

• Hugs
Reactions: noname223
N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
Do you like writing non-fiction more than fiction?

I don't know your background since I am a new member here.

It's relatable. I am kind of in a similar conditions.
I prefer non-fiction over fiction. But from what I have read chatGPT might ruin that business anyway.

U

username8888

-
Oct 11, 2023
Honestly I doubt I will ever be able to hold a job. Especially not 9 to 5. I am not resilient enough and when I hate the job I develop extremely crippling depression which let to being fired. (in the past)
Is 9-5 conditions hard in where you are from? (You don't have to answer it if you don't want to though)

N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
Is 9-5 conditions hard in where you are from? (You don't have to answer it if you don't want to though)
My conditions make that impossible. I have to get some sleep now and might reply tomorrow but thanks for your interest.

Reactions: username8888
U

username8888

-
Oct 11, 2023
I prefer non-fiction over fiction. But from what I have read chatGPT might ruin that business anyway.
I think it is a possibility but I tried it a bit, it was fine. But ChatGpt and similar systems seem like an high tech plagiarism to me. (Kind of repetitive in stories)

Still I am not that expert thought.

That's just my opinion.
My conditions make that impossible. I have to get some sleep now and might reply tomorrow but thanks for your interest.
Have a good night then :p

• Informative
theslasher

theslasher

psychonaut
Jun 12, 2023
not sure whether I am smart enough for that
Don't talk like that man. Multiple times in your thread you use these self limiting statements. I mean it's good to assess your strengths and weaknesses, but the way you're going about it is like you have no chance of improving. You set up this false dichotomy as if you are born with certain skills and strengths and it's impossible to change. You're afraid of failure so your subconscious mind creates these excuses that prevents you from taking action. Society (and especially public schooling) has taught us to look down upon failure. But the most successful people in history embraced failure and learned from it. The only way to get better at something is to do it, and it's inevitable that you're gonna suck at first, you have to be okay with that, because the more you do something the better you'll get at it. You need to change the way you talk and think about things if you ever want to change the outcome of your life. The more you consciously say bad things about yourself, the more your subconscious mind starts to internalize them. The truth is, we are all capable of achieving so much more than we believe. Most of the barriers holding us back exist only in the mind. Remember that.

Also your English itself sounds just fine. The reading level of the average American is equivalent to a 7th-8th grade level which is extremely basic. I'd say if you're interested in pursuing copywriting / ghostwriting, Alex Fasulo's story is incredibly inspirational.
She also has a free podcast, course, and a book that shows you exactly what to do.
Now obviously she's a top 1% earner, but it still shows you the possibilities.

Also this list doesn't really contain that many jobs, there are millions of job opportunities out there so don't confine yourself. I was looking on a facebook group for my local county and one person posted that they were looking for a job. Next thing you know a bunch of people are replying about how they have job openings at their companies. I saw job openings that I never would have imagined.

I can tell that you have a mental block, you need to believe in yourself, these are honestly all doable. Just pick something and go all in.

Last edited:
  • Informative