• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

How would it affect your suicidality if this forum was shut down from one day to another?

• I would become acute suicidal

Votes: 3 7.1%
  • I would become significantly more suicidal

Votes: 11 26.2%
  • I would become slightly more suicide

Votes: 7 16.7%
  • It would not affect my suicidality

Votes: 7 16.7%
  • I am not sure and I cannot predict it how it would affect my suicidality

Votes: 12 28.6%
  • It would decrease my suicidality

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I would have finally jumped of that death cult and could now harass women who want an abortion again

Votes: 2 4.8%
  • My suicidality would stop

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
How would it affect your suicidality if this forum was shut down from one day to another?

It would happen very quickly with no warning. I think it would make me more suicidal. I can remember when it was down because of DDOS attacks. However, the impact would largely depend on my current mood. Sometimes I feel like my life depends on the help of this forum. Currently people are leaving me. The rats are leaving the sinking ship and that hurts. SaSu is a great coping mechanism especially with loneliness. It increases my life quality in general. I can remember the soul crushing existential loneliness without this forum. I had this horrible therapist who gave me up after I opened up to her. I was so fucking lonely. And my friends often tell me that my need to express myself often overwhelms them. Due to that this forum also helps them.

I think the longterm consequences of losing this forum would be way worse than a temporary shut down. I can live some days without this forum. On the longrun though it would fuel my suicidality, loneliness and depression. This forum gives me some sort of meaning. I enjoy the socia interactions (without the triggers in real life). I can relate to many people on here. I am just one tortured soul more on here. And my pain is not exceptionally. In real life I am almost always the biggest fuck up (mental wreck) in the room.

I go with significantly more suicidal. At least in the longrun.

sserafim

sserafim

the darker the night, the brighter the stars
Sep 13, 2023
I'm honestly not sure how it would affect my suicidality. It would probably increase it though because I would lose a place to vent to and connect with people who understand me. Normies just can't understand. Talking to them about these things is like putting a square peg into a round hole. Sometimes they even get mad at you

Last edited:
M

momento.mori

Wake me up next year...
Mar 18, 2024
Depending on my mood, I come here to offer help, vent or just read. This site really prevents me from committing suicide, because every plan I had it tells me it won't work! I think if this site when went away for good I would feel so lonely and isolated and probably attempt again. I'm so thankful to know I'm not alone in this world and unfortunately but fortunately there's others who feel the same and I feel normal here, and safe.

F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
I expect it would make me slightly more suicidal seeing as I get a lot of support from this place. I'd feel so lonely without it. It wouldn't exactly affect the physical act of suicide. Regardless of this forum, I want to wait for my Dad to go first but I think mentally and emotionally, I'd feel lost.

I even feel a bit lost when individual members go. My stupid fault for valuing connections I've made here. I should have learnt by now that any form of friendship just opens you up to a whole bunch of loss and pain.

Agon321

Agon321

I use google translate
Aug 21, 2023
I spend a relatively large amount of time here, so closing this forum would definitely impact me negatively.
I don't know of any other 1:1 site, so this is problematic.
Losing the information that is here would also be painful.

The loss of this forum would certainly be problematic.
Although I don't know if I would be more suicidal.
Possibly maybe a little.

I want CTB now, but SI is blocking me.
I don't think the downfall of this website will unblock me.

• Love
Reactions: soulkitty
Guy_Smiley

Guy_Smiley

Just another lost soul
Jan 4, 2024
I'm not sure how it would affect my suicidality (probably not much, though), but I definitely would need to find a new hobby.

• Hugs
Reactions: soulkitty
Yuki_03

Yuki_03

I really can't take it
Aug 9, 2023
i would ctb in the moment :)
yeah, i dont have much life (at least that i want) apart from lurking, commenting, and being in the forum. it started as looking for methods, but now its like a life support. really, i feel so nice being in here.

Dark Moon

Dark Moon

Death will give me peace
Sep 21, 2022
Eh, it would affect my suicidal mindset yes. SS is the only social outlet and place to talk about suicide right now for me.

soulkitty

soulkitty

Just a shell of who I once was.
Apr 6, 2024
It would make me a lot more suicidal, like it would really really really suck if the forum went down. And I would feel awful for the people who are trying to find relief from their suffering and find a peaceful method. I would say acute suicidal but still having the recovery discord server and the awesome people I talk to on discord from here would help me hold on for a while longer

• Love
Reactions: Yuki_03