• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

How do you see your memories?

• Exlusively in first-person POV (ie. through your own eyes)

Votes: 17 32.7%
  • Exclusively in third-person POV (ie. through an observer's eyes)

Votes: 7 13.5%
  • Third-person for older memories, first for newer ones

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • A combination of POVs

Votes: 24 46.2%
  • Other

Votes: 3 5.8%

• Total voters
dragonofenvy

dragonofenvy

Mage
Oct 8, 2023
Okay I thought I was weird for seeing my memories in third person and first person but someone else does thankfully. I don't know why I see the past in that way I just do. I even do it for what I think my future will be like too. However, I think it's a little more accurate to say that I think like a movie with multiple different camera angles for the same scene.

sserafim

sserafim

the darker the night, the brighter the stars
Sep 13, 2023
I don't really know. How do you see them? In your mind?

Alexei_Kirillov

Alexei_Kirillov

Running very late for my appointment with Death
Mar 9, 2024
Okay I thought I was weird for seeing my memories in third person and first person but someone else does thankfully. I don't know why I see the past in that way I just do. I even do it for what I think my future will be like too. However, I think it's a little more accurate to say that I think like a movie with multiple different camera angles for the same scene.
Yeah it's like that for me too, as if my mind is reconstructing the scene from a specific angle rather than "remembering" it as I experienced it
I don't really know. How do you see them? In your mind?
I mean that when I recall memories, I see them as if I were an impartial observer looking on from the sidelines. So I see my whole body and face, even though it was obviously impossible for me to see that.

Final_Choice

Final_Choice

Mage
Aug 3, 2023
For me it depends on what it is and how I was feeling when it happened. Sometimes its from a third-person pov but sometimes its first-person. How active I was in what I'm recalling usually plays a role into how I remember it.

Reactions: Alexei_Kirillov
ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

death will be my ultimate bliss
Oct 29, 2023
I think I use first person but I'm not sure as I don't tend to remember much. Also, this isn't exactly what you're asking for but I personally believe that memories can be an illusion when combining it with feelings. For example, I think that there are people who had a not so perfect childhood and wasn't happy during it but, as soon as they experienced worse during adulthood, they think that their childhood was amazing despite it being the opposite. As in, I believe that our current emotions can directly affect how we view our emotions within our past memories and hence have a different perspective on the memories themselves despite it not being the case at the time. Though maybe that's just me

thinvy

thinvy

Woefully Yours, Luka
Aug 7, 2023
I don't, I have osdd 👉👉
jk, i do remember some things obvi.
it very much changes. sometimes it's third person, sometimes it's first person, sometimes it's like recalling something I read in a book and just know to be true.
I also struggle with visualizing things a lot of the time. I don't count myself as having aphantasia bc I can imagine things from time to time, but most of the time my imagination is limited to the concept of a thing.
it's really funny watching people try and figure out how my visualization works like that, but I also spend a lot of time maladaptive daydreaming.

J

juna

Death is the only truth...
Mar 4, 2024
I always see everything from my own 1st person point of view. I wonder how people see it from 3rd person view. Maybe it has something to do with being neurodivergent which I think i probably am.

Reactions: LoiteringClouds
P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
I never thought about that but I also never had the feeling that I would see my memories from a 3rd person point of view. When I remember sth from the past what I did / have experienced myself I see from my own perspective (1st person).

Honestly I never thought a second about how I see my memories until I've seen this thread.

NumbItAll

NumbItAll

expendable
May 20, 2018
I did not even know 3rd person memories were a thing. I remember things how I experienced them, in the 1st person. How do people with aphantasia experience memories?

Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
I wouldn't want to remember things in the third person because then I'd have to look at my own ugly self AND experience a negative event from the past all over again.

K

KafkaF

Taking a break from the website.
Nov 18, 2023
First person.

And unfortunately (sort of) I have such a strong imagination that it's almost like I'm there again when I do that.

Which makes often them more painful.

• Aww..
Blurry_Buildings

Blurry_Buildings

Just Existing
Sep 27, 2023
I remember things in third person a lot. I'll be looking downwards at the top of my own head. I've never thought about it a lot before but I'm sure its because I don't actually remember exactly what I was seeing in first person at the time.

In order to remember it faster I am probably subconciously creating a mental image of the layout of the area based on past memories. Then all I have to remmeber is where people are and what is happening.

I'm sure its easier for a lot of people to do it this way.

girlsboysthems

girlsboysthems

no i dont have a gun
Dec 19, 2022
I see it mixed, i dont know why it varies, but i do know it was always objective. no emotions no nothing.