• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

For what reason you want to end your life?

• Mental illness

Votes: 192 72.7%
  • Developmental disability

Votes: 38 14.4%
  • Physical disability

Votes: 30 11.4%
  • Incurable illness

Votes: 33 12.5%
  • Existential crisis

Votes: 155 58.7%

• Total voters
sauan

sauan

Oct 13, 2022
Please vote for what reason you want to end your life?
The vote is anonymous; nobody will see what you choose.

I tried to include most of the categories:

Mental illness: for psychiatric disorders like, Anxiety, Depression. Bipolar Disorder, PTSD, Schizophrenia, Eating Disorders, Disruptive behavior or dissocial / Obsessive-Compulsive disorders and so on.

Developmental disability like: Motor disorders, and learning difficulties (such as dyslexia, Tourette's syndrome, etc); Autism, Asperger syndrome, Down syndrome, Cerebral palsy, Intellectual disability or mental retardation and so on.

Physical disability -such as deafness, low eyesight (visually impaired), loss of a limb, birth defects etc.

Incurable illness - terminal illness, like cancer, multiple sclerosis, muscular dystrophy and so on

The vote is about the category, not illnesses. I included the diseases just as an example and the list is not exhaustive.
There was a poll about this some time ago on SS, but the options were quite incomplete.

Last edited:
RemainingDubious

RemainingDubious

Most men only receive flowers at their funeral.
Feb 18, 2024
Please vote for what reason you want to end your life?
The vote is anonymous; nobody will see what you choose.

I tried to include most of the categories:

Mental illness: for psychiatric disorders like, Anxiety, Depression. Bipolar Disorder, PTSD, Schizophrenia, Eating Disorders, Disruptive behavior or dissocial / Obsessive-Compulsive disorders and so on.

Developmental disability like: Motor disorders, and learning difficulties (such as dyslexia, Tourette's syndrome, etc); Autism, Asperger syndrome, Down syndrome, Cerebral palsy, Intellectual disability or mental retardation and so on.

Physical disability -such as deafness, low eyesight (visually impaired), loss of a limb, birth defects etc.

Incurable illness - terminal illness, like cancer, multiple sclerosis, muscular dystrophy and so on

There was a poll about this some time ago on SS, but the options were quite incomplete.
my reasons aren't related to any of the above.

"Normal" people assume it must be due to my mental illness i feel the way i do, however that's incorrect.
my main reason is due to accepting reality and knowing some facts.

Last edited:
CountingSeconds

CountingSeconds

Trying
Mar 1, 2024
This is difficult to answer. By assumed normal standards, it would be classed as mental illness but I don't see it that way.

For me: I've seen what life is like and know I don't want more of it. I've seen how the world is and know I don't belong. I've experienced pain and don't have it in me to experience anymore on the vague assumption that everyone makes that "it will get better". Because my whole life experience tells me it won't.

I just don't enjoy living.

P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
None of the above. My general health is great, my life is bad bc of a big failure that leads to financial problems which most likely will be the reason one day I have to CTB.

Edit: Voted for existential crises

Last edited:
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

She wished that she never existed...
Sep 24, 2020
Honestly I don't understand why anyone would wish to delay their inevitable fate especially as existence is beyond undesirable. Wanting to not exist is all that makes sense to me especially as there is no limit as to how much one can suffer as long as they exist yet nobody can be harmed by the absence of everything.
It comforts me to think of permanently ceasing to exist, I don't have any interest in the futile and torturous burden of existing of a human, I see nothing appealing about suffering for decades just to be tormented by old age and die anyway.

To me existence is so incredibly evil and an abomination, for me suicide is the way to prevent and find safety from suffering, I don't want to suffer in any way, instead I want the true peace of non-existence, I find it such a terrible tragedy how life even exists at all.

Malaria

Malaria

If I can't be my own, I'd feel better dead
Feb 24, 2024
Combination of mental disorders (autism, PTSD, BPD, PMDD), trauma, and existential crisis.

Lately I've been really feeling nihilistic. I feel like I have no purpose or point in living. I feel like I can't achieve my dreams. I really want to, but I feel like such a worthless loser and a hack that I go "why bother even trying?" And if I feel like my life has no point or purpose, I don't see a reason to continue existing. Plus I haven't felt very supported by friends and family as of late.

E

Ephemeron

human trash
Dec 17, 2023
Why does such a thread appear at least once a week? What's the point? We speak about this stuff all the time. Always from newer users. Very strange. Are these some people from universities "doing studies"? Don't answer these polls to feed these parasites.

There are even lines like "The vote is anonymous; nobody will see what you choose." What a joke. You aren't fooling anyone, @sauan.

[edit: If you have voted, you may retract your vote with a button. Do not respond to these threads. Look at the user's post history. Signed up and never gave a hint as to why they were here, literally just started posting irrelevant shit in random threads. They are a student at some university taking advantage of you.]

Last edited:
U

unabletocope

I'd like to shut down
Mar 13, 2024
Why does such a thread appear at least once a week? What's the point? We speak about this stuff all the time. Always from newer users. Very strange. Are these people some people from universities "doing studies"? Don't answer these polls to feed these parasites.
I feel you, sometimes it's alright to answer once in a while though

I want to kill myself because I do things my way all my life in a way that means I keep going wrong, be it not completely using social media, not being completely trendy, reacting to life in ways that make me look like the loser of losers, I am the most embarrassing person alive, I can't see an option on your poll that matches up to my reason to want to take my own life but there we are

Reactions: 3/4Dead
L

LittleCupcake

Experienced
Mar 14, 2024
Combination of mental disorders (autism, PTSD, BPD, PMDD), trauma, and existential crisis.

Lately I've been really feeling nihilistic. I feel like I have no purpose or point in living. I feel like I can't achieve my dreams. I really want to, but I feel like such a worthless loser and a hack that I go "why bother even trying?" And if I feel like my life has no point or purpose, I don't see a reason to continue existing. Plus I haven't felt very supported by friends and family as of late.
Same, I had a dream job and knew how I wanted life to go but....my dream job wouldn't of paid for anything, I failed everything in school and atm I get very little money from UC as I cant get a job (im looking but theres nothing), aswell as no one to share my life with. theres other issues aswell but I'm not going to say it here.

sauan

sauan

Oct 13, 2022
There are a lot of sad issues here. A big hug to all of you.

Why does such a thread appear at least once a week? What's the point?

This is a simple poll to see a statistic. Nothing bad with that. It gave voice to people who didn't necessarily want to make a long speech about their issues.

There are even lines like "The vote is anonymous; nobody will see what you choose." What a joke. You aren't fooling anyone, @sauan.

There are polls that, when you click on the results, it shows who voted for what. I disabled that. This is the anonymity that I was talking about

[edit: Look at the user's post history. Signed up and never gave a hint as to why they were here, literally just started posting irrelevant shit in random threads. They are a student at some university taking advantage of you.]

Maybe because I'm not so much into socializing, or because I'm not at the age to socialize anymore. I made an account here for solutions on how to do it, not to vent.
As a matter of fact, I have a physical disability, but no one is obliged to give explanations or justifications here. Talking about your issues is just a matter of your free will.

Last edited:
sserafim

sserafim

消えたい
Sep 13, 2023
For a lot of reasons. Main one is Asperger's though. I also have ADHD and social anxiety. I guess I'm also in an existential crisis right now. I see nothing worth living about adulthood. I don't want to be a slave to the system for the rest of my life. I'd rather die. Everyone dies in the end anyways so why waste 50-60 years of your life working away? It doesn't make sense to me. I'd rather die now instead of having to work for a living. Life itself is just so meaningless, pointless and unfulfilling.

Last edited:
RemainingDubious

RemainingDubious

Feb 18, 2024
May I ask what truth you have learned that makes you want to CTB?
Things decay overtime. Our sun will even burn out one day.

Are you sure it's not your mental illness making you dwell on those facts?
Yes i'm sure. Years ago (before my reality was this bad) a psychologist or psychiatrist (when i was in a psychiatric hospital and they were trying to get me on the right medication) said he thinks the reason medications aren't doing what they're supposed to very well, is because i don't just have a chemical imbalance in my brain. my heart is full of pain too.

There are practices that can offer you freedom from the known.
ignorance isn't a solution.

RemainingDubious

RemainingDubious

Feb 18, 2024
Sorry i'm probably going to sound like a prick for saying this. i personally don't think a existential crisis covers other reasons.

"In psychology and psychotherapy, existential crises are inner conflicts characterized by the impression that life lacks meaning or by confusion about one's personal identity."

The text in bold is only truly applicable if life actually does have meaning. It's rather dismissive to categorise someone's experience as a "existential crisis" due to others assuming life actually does have meaning.
It can't be proven either way.

It's a possibility that those who believe life has actually got a meaning and label those with the opposite belief have a superiority complex. The belief that life is meaningless could make them feel inferior.

Alexei_Kirillov

Alexei_Kirillov

Running very late for my appointment with Death
Mar 9, 2024
It can't be proven either way.
Precisely. The idea that life is inherently meaningful or valuable is a baseless assumption. However, if you want to live your life under that assumption, go right ahead, I won't try to stop you, but you have no right to impose it on others and label them as mentally ill if they choose to reject that premise. It's like believing in God: no one can prove it either way, and you're free to believe in your God, but you can't impose that belief on others no matter how intuitively obvious it seems to you.

RemainingDubious

RemainingDubious

Feb 18, 2024
Precisely. The idea that life is inherently meaningful or valuable is a baseless assumption. However, if you want to live your life under that assumption, go right ahead, I won't try to stop you, but you have no right to impose it on others and label them as mentally ill if they choose to reject that premise.
i personally find it rather disgusting that people are labelled mentally ill for not assuming life is meaningful.

Aren't assumptions viewed as bad? Yet it's completely fine to diminish others that don't accept an assumption as a fact. 🤦🏻

Those having "inner conflicts characterized by the impression that life lacks meaning" are clearly thinking more rational than the ones making the assumptions. The people making the assumptions sound like the ones more likely to be mentally ill.

i seriously hope no one has actually been penalised for believing life is meaningless.

LuvMeMusic

LuvMeMusic

Student
Jan 24, 2024
Precisely. The idea that life is inherently meaningful or valuable is a baseless assumption. However, if you want to live your life under that assumption, go right ahead, I won't try to stop you, but you have no right to impose it on others and label them as mentally ill if they choose to reject that premise. It's like believing in God: no one can prove it either way, and you're free to believe in your God, but you can't impose that belief on others no matter how intuitively obvious it seems to you.
I don't think that anyone is labelled as mentally ill just for believing that life has no meaning.