Votes: 9 15.0%
  • Not sure./ Can't decide.

Votes: 12 20.0%

• Total voters
N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
Maybe people don't believe in this concept. Maybe there are people who only want to be seen as good and they don't want to be actually a good person.
Maybe people have given up on life and everything around ethical principles and only try to survive. Maybe some people are sadists who want or don't want to be good. Trying to be good does not mean that you are actually good. I think there were polls about the latter one.

Personally, yes I want to be a good person. But sometimes I am too exhausted. Or sometimes it feels like being objected to thought police. One thinks in prejudices and feels guilty for it.

• Love
Reactions: Thanatos, katagiri83, GoatHerder and 5 others
samdocheon

samdocheon

Optimists are wrong
Jul 28, 2024
Yes and no. Voted no because I know my past and back to being a good person is definitly behind since first attempt 7 years ago. I'm so fu*k*n selfish rightnow. Bored as f*ck.
And I don't want to be kind in my last moments. Actually avoiding every family moments to not leave a good "image"

Reactions: GoatHerder, ijustwishtodie and kinderbueno
P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
I think, I'm a good person.

• Hugs
Reactions: GoatHerder, banger12, rozeske and 2 others
astr4

astr4

memento mori
Mar 27, 2019
i try too hard and compromise my own boundaries like a fool and then get pissed off when other people don't reciprocate.

been in the position of team lead trying to unionize the workplace so everyone gets paid as much as me, and then getting ratted out by someone under me who wanted my role.

or giving money to "friends" bc i know i'm in a position of financial privilege, but it's never reciprocated in effort. like you'll happily take my money but won't wanna hang out somewhere i choose for once.

being a pushover and letting teenagers be mean to me and expecting them to just one day apologize and realize they don't wanna be that mean but it never happens.

idk i'm so burnt out being nice. no one is ever willing to be nice back. maybe im choosing the wrong people to be nice to but damn. i'm so tired of being nice but i'm too scared to be disliked to stop.

• Hugs
Reactions: GoatHerder and kinderbueno
cosimaniehaus

cosimaniehaus

Oct 15, 2020
I think, once I was a very good person. I always protected the less fortunate, or so called bullied people, and I made a lot of sacrifice, just to not to cause any harm to others. But years later , I realized that i had no other option, popular people did not accept me, and although I did feel empathy towards people who were bullied, nobody noticed me I think, not even them. And I realized that it doesnt bring me happiness if I help someone, and then I will be bullied too, or will be looked down on. So slowly I turned to a bad person, without wanting to be one, but at least I am not that depressed. I will die happily, and as a bad person, if I choose being a good person again, I wont kill myself because of others, my family, etc, I think I suffered enough to have the right to be a bad person šŸ˜…

• Hugs
mckf

mckf

Jul 25, 2024
I try my best to be a good person, but its tough as theres a lot of self sacrifice. And most people in society are selfish and use others. I think if you have your boundaries on who to be good to, it can be sustained. Otherwise, i just try my best not to be a bad person.

And usually if you try to be a good person, you eventually see who is good is as well and who is faking it. You will attract those who want to use you, but you will also attract similar people to you and those ones are the people who you should try your best to connect and befriend as they are also seeking the same kind of friendship.

kinderbueno

kinderbueno

Waiting at the bus stop
Jun 22, 2024
I try to be good. I try to do the best I can to make everyone happy while also satisfying my own needs, but sadly this doesn't always work out

Reactions: GoatHerder, ijustwishtodie and banger12
Imagined_Euphoria

Imagined_Euphoria

Student
Aug 5, 2024
I just try to treat everyone like I want to be treated. But honestly I don't have much capacity for bullshit anymore, if someone treats me badly without logical reason I won't forgive them anymore and will probably insult them. Too many people think they can do anything they want without consequences.

Reactions: GoatHerder, banger12 and CatLvr
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
I try but I know I'm not one so I can't really be sure if trying even has a point when I'm never successful.

Reactions: GoatHerder, banger12 and randomindividual
Agon321

Agon321

I use google translate
Aug 21, 2023
I generally don't like the division into good and evil.
Although I am definitely not a "good" person, I am also not a walking "evil".

I could have been much better and I could have been much worse.

The world will not gain or lose after my death.

Reactions: wCvML2, GoatHerder and pilotviolin
H

HarryCobean

Apr 12, 2024
No. I am a good person but it turns out people hate that so I'm trying very hard not to be.

Reactions: GoatHerder and banger12
etherealspring

etherealspring

can someone just kill me already
Mar 27, 2024
I try to be a good person. But I'm losing patience and starting to care a lot less, because it's hard and draining. I feel like I'm a horrible and selfish person bc of this.

Reactions: GoatHerder and banger12
derpyderpins

derpyderpins

Proud Normie
Sep 19, 2023
I'd say I definitely try, whatever is in my capacity. I like to think I do a bit more good than harm overall, but if the poll was "are you a good person" I'd probably hit maybe.

Reactions: GoatHerder, kinderbueno and banger12
banger12

banger12

Aug 1, 2024
Obviously I'm not an impartial judge of myself so I can't really say whether I am actually trying to be good or whether I just trick myself into thinking I'm trying and that the effort in reality doesn't exist like I'd want it to and that I may be way worse of a person than I'd like to think. Regardless of if I try, I fail on the end. I'm a bad person or at the very least the consequences of my existence are negative for others. I don't understand myself well enough to know if I'm actually trying or just think I am. My motivations could also be suspect cuz idk if I want to be good for the right reasons.

Reactions: GoatHerder
VeryShy

VeryShy

Seriously disabled due to autism and schizophrenia
Jun 21, 2024
Yes, I try to be a good person, but never was. :pfff:

alltoomuch2

alltoomuch2

Experienced
Feb 10, 2024
Maybe people don't believe in this concept. Maybe there are people who only want to be seen as good and they don't want to be actually a good person.
Maybe people have given up on life and everything around ethical principles and only try to survive. Maybe some people are sadists who want or don't want to be good. Trying to be good does not mean that you are actually good. I think there were polls about the latter one.

Personally, yes I want to be a good person. But sometimes I am too exhausted. Or sometimes it feels like being objected to thought police. One thinks in prejudices and feels guilty for it.
Yes but it never works out like that and I make people feel worse when i try to be nice. It devastates me every time. That's why I avoid people now.

ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

death will be my ultimate bliss
Oct 29, 2023
No, I don't try to be a good person. Whether I am a good person or not is up for others to interpret. All I'm doing is simply being myself and staying true to myself (with exceptions of the situations where I cannot be myself irl due to society and family being so pro life and pro suffering). I don't care about being good or bad or whatever. All I care about is being myself

Reactions: sserafim, 3/4Dead, Gabbi_Station and 2 others
SoulWhisperer

SoulWhisperer

Careless Soul Ā« MtF Ā»
Nov 13, 2023
This has been the cause of way too much internal conflicts for me. I'm sort of nihilistic (I think life has no meaning BY ITSELF and the meaning is given by people themselves as everyone has different goals in life and shouldn't be pushed together) but I have common sense to know that it's not a reason to justify being bad or hurting others.

I'm split and try to cope with it.

Reactions: Gabbi_Station
kyhoti

kyhoti

Looking for fair winds and following seas
May 27, 2024
My faith tells me that no one is good at heart, as the understanding of good goes. I can do good things, but I can also do evil, thereby contaminating myself. Still, I am urged to do the good I can, and leave the rest to God's mercy and forgiveness.

G

Gabbi_Station

Jul 30, 2024
Yes and no. Voted no because I know my past and back to being a good person is definitly behind since first attempt 7 years ago. I'm so fu*k*n selfish rightnow. Bored as f*ck.
And I don't want to be kind in my last moments. Actually avoiding every family moments to not leave a good "image"
Yeah; I just don't care anymore. Either way, I always get represented as an asshole and being nice just leads to me being completely used by everyone.

It's not like doing "good" acts means people cut me some slack or appreciate me moreā€¦

Reactions: samdocheon
samdocheon

samdocheon

Optimists are wrong
Jul 28, 2024
Sure ! But can't even be nice for atenuate them. Time is coming, no regrets after all but idk

3/4Dead

3/4Dead

Peace, Love, Empathy
Feb 27, 2024
Yeah, I try. Others say I am. I don't really know, myself, though.

W

wCvML2

Nov 15, 2021
Not really, I'm way too insignificant for anything I do to matter and I tend to willingly go sit on the sidelines whenever possible. I don't want to play this game at all if that makes sense.

F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
It's all comparitive I feel. Am I an actively good person? No. I know people who do a whole lot more for others, their families and their community. I'm extremely self centred. Still, I feel in part that's because I've had to learn to rely on myself. I don't give much but I don't take much either.

On the rare occasions I am around people though, yes, I try to be good. I don't always succeed. If I'm really stressed or really embarassed, I can behave rudely but, the majority of the time, I try to be polite and considerate of others. Is that deep down good though or, just conditioning?

It would deeply upset me to think I had upset someone though, so- I feel like a part of me must be good.