• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Squidward

Squidward

This is as brave as I know how to be...
Apr 18, 2018
Seems strictly suicide related ones would be pretty restrictive, since the vast majority of them are obnoxiously pro-life. So maybe we could just share the podcasts we like to turn to when we feel dark. Or y'know whatever you want to share, lol.

I actually found an extremely relevant one recently called "suicide buddies." Its 2 dudes that cover the story of an interesting suicide in history. They do start and end every episode politely asking you not to kill yourself, but the rest of it is just them riffing suicide and dick jokes while telling you the life story of someone who killed themselves in a grand or hilarious fashion. (Yukio Mishima is my favorite episode.)

For the less relevant, "Welcome to Night vale" is also nice, it's a fake radio show set in a weird, fucked up universe. It has an over arching narrative but rarely requires context to enjoy. When I'm in the shits I like that I don't have to worry about keeping up with a story, but still get to be distracted by things like a mayoral election between a faceless old woman and a 3 headed dragon with a thick country accent, all while the rest of the town is being torn apart by wheat and wheat byproducts.

Squidward

Squidward

Apr 18, 2018
This is a pretty interesting discussion with a pro-euthanasia advocate:

http://reviewthefuture.com/?p=408

She says that we live in an era of "suicide prohibition." I like that term.

I don't know how such a relevant podcast escaped me for this long, but thanks!

That was a really nice discussion, and I too like the term "suicide prohibition."

I noticed the authors blog and Twitter are gone and her name is very generic to Google (Theres even other authors with the same name). Do you know what ever happened to her?

Reactions: not_a_robot
El Topo

El Topo

(---)
Apr 21, 2018
I don't know how such a relevant podcast escaped me for this long, but thanks!

That was a really nice discussion, and I too like the term "suicide prohibition."

I noticed the authors blog and Twitter are gone and her name is very generic to Google (Theres even other authors with the same name). Do you know what ever happened to her?

No, I actually downloaded this podcast years ago but just listened to it recently.

K

Kfoe!12

the grind
Mar 21, 2018
Does anyone have a really comfy podcast? Something you can just listen to while drinking tea and doing world building/drawing.

Squidward

Squidward

Apr 18, 2018
Does anyone have a really comfy podcast? Something you can just listen to while drinking tea and doing world building/drawing.

"99% invisible" is my comfy podcast. It's about little design details you don't generally notice, and the histories behind them. The main guy has the most relaxing voice I've ever heard, and the way they put their stories together is superb.

"Sleep with me" is another chill one I enjoy when trying to drown out thoughts. It's meant as a sleeping podcast, so it's kinda just a guy babbling at you in dull monotony. It's another one you don't have to worry about keeping up with, but his ramblings often makes me grin.

What kinda world building are you doing?

I

ion900

Student
May 4, 2018
maybe we could get more momentum if we recruited the death metal music group to support our cause

not_a_robot

not_a_robot

"i hope the leaving is joyful, & never to return"
May 30, 2019
Lol Beef and Dairy Network! I won't link because I don't want their admin wondering why he's getting hits from a suicide forum but I bet a lot of you would like it, it's pretty dark and silly.
The Boring Talks.
maybe we could get more momentum if we recruited the death metal music group to support our cause
We should just do a podcast of goodbye threads being read by amateur actors. Like Night Vale community theater. Or those weird Tim and Eric segments.

Poor taste, but what isn't? Donald fucking Trump is fucking president, what are we clinging to at this point?

Last edited: