• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

D

despair88

Feb 8, 2023
Hello there,

So I finally decided myself, by chance there is a bridge next to my place, where trains used to go down. From what I can say, it's probably 4-5 or more meters (sorry, I'm French) heights.

As I am 168 cm heights, and 45 kgs weights, I watched the long-drop hanging table (on lostallhope.com), I suppose the height will be enough.

I have a 8 mm polypropylene rope, that is 10 meters long, all I need is to do is the maths to be sure me feet won't hit the ground and the fall will be enough to break my neck.

Of course for the nose I will use the hangman's nose, for the one on the anchor point I don't know yet.
Please can someone help me with the maths? I was thinking about taking the mesures by throwing the rope from the bridge then mesure it to be sure of the height, even though as there was a train going down it should be minimum 4 meters. But as I am 168 cm + I need 262 cm (according to the table of lostallhope.com) of fall, where (I mean at which point of height of the rope) do I attach it?

Please if anyone can help me, I would really appreciate.

Another way would be to swallow a massive amount of benzodiazepines (I have 4 or 5 boxes of prazepam) and to take a bath, hoping to fall asleep in and to drown during this unconsciousness. But way much uncertain.

What are your thoughts on it?
Thank you by advance, and for reading me, and for your help.

Last edited:
Reactions: M0nolith
CW36

CW36

➕〰️➰
Jul 23, 2023
Hello there,

So I finally decided myself, by chance there is a bridge next to my place, where trains used to go down. From what I can say, it's probably 4-5 or more meters (sorry, I'm French) heights.

As I am 168 cm heights, and 45 kgs weights, I watched the long-drop hanging table (on lostallhope.com), I suppose the height will be enough.

I have a 8 mm polypropylene rope, that is 10 meters long, all I need is to do is the maths to be sure me feet won't hit the ground and the fall will be enough to break my neck.

Of course for the nose I will use the hangman's nose, for the one on the anchor point I don't know yet.
Please can someone help me with the maths? I was thinking about taking the mesures by throwing the rope from the bridge then mesure it to be sure of the height, even though as there was a train going down it should be minimum 4 meters. But as I am 168 cm + I need 262 cm (according to the table of lostallhope.com) of fall, where (I mean at which point of height of the rope) do I attach it?

Another way would be to swallow a massive amount of benzodiazepines (I have 4 or 5 boxes of prazepam) and to take a bath, hoping to fall asleep in and to drown during this unconsciousness. But way much uncertain.

Hanging is far greater chance of success than drowning.

Reactions: despair88
L

LittleJem

Visionary
Jul 3, 2019
why not try bath first and see if you get lucky

am not good with maths…

D

despair88

Feb 8, 2023
@LittleJem

Hello, because the amount of benzodiazepines I would need to hope sleeping so deep that I could drown without waking up is so huge it would make me sleep for 3 days at least, and so numb I can't imagine in which state I would be if it fails. The risk is too high I think.

Reactions: LittleJem
P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
Only benzodiazepines may not kill you in the end. You may want to have a look in the PPeH for other researched OD methods. Regarding drop tables I can only refere to the wiki article mentioning the british drop tables still in use in former british colonies where they still have capital punishment in place.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Official_Table_of_Drops

The "safest" way ro exit is either full suspension or long drop because there is no way out of it, whether death is instant due to passing out or break of neck or long suffocation. Actually there is no way out if it. So this is your personal choice.

Edit: I think for long drop the rope should be thicker to produce more pressure.

020x

020x

Suffering will end when the existence does.
Jul 6, 2023
Benzodiazepines won't work in your favor in this case. Hyperventilation till passing out + drowning is the only peaceful method of drowning, because you will be unconscious.

About hanging, I see you're trying to use long drop hanging. However, the rope you're gonna use is gonna be too thin, it will either decapitate you or almost. Worst outcome would be you being conscious during it. I'm not saying this to scare you, but to warn you about the possible outcome.

You can get the same polypropylene rope or any nylon rope that has a minimum thickness of 2cm (little less than an inch), the calculation you found is correct. Make sure the attachment point is strong enough so that it won't break or even move slightly. It has to be rock hard to cause the snapping effect in your neck.

Pros and cons about this method.

Pros:

- When successful, instant death occurs and leaves your body clean if you got family to arrange a funeral.

- Making the hangman's knot is very easy if you watch a yt tutorial. Leaves you with all the preparation needed for this method.

Cons:

- If your neck won't break, you will probably be paralysed and strangulate to death, which is the same as you would if you did full suspension hanging, only in this case you neck could be cut open a little that will be even more scary.

- You talking about a bridge, where there would probably be people around and cars, they will try to stop you if you're not quick enough.

- Not sure if you count this as a con, but if the fall is too high, you head will be decapitated. Very bloody mess to clean for others and if you got family, let's not even talk about what they'll feel..

Originally, the long drop method was used as a humane way of execution by the British. Upon failing, they would just repeat until it works. This won't work for people that are doing this by themselves, it's very risky because of that. Because you only have one chance to do it. Most importantly, the fact that almost no one used this method to commit suicide doesn't guarantee you a thing. You won't have any examples to fulfill your trust in this method.

L

LittleJem

Visionary
Jul 3, 2019
ketamine and drowning I think would be okay

D

despair88

Feb 8, 2023
@Praestat_Mori & @020x

Thank to both of you for your answer, and for the time you took to read me and your consideration.

From what I understand, the long drop hanging seems complicated, as I only have this 8mm rope, and also as you said (@020x ), it's not use for suicide.
By the way, I don't understand what you mean by « upon failing, they would just repeat until it works »? How can it fail?

Also, the anchor point on the bridge is the handrail of the bridge, it's made of steel so I don't know if it will be strong enough to not move, even slightly.
Just for a precision, this is a bridge going to a dead-end so I am pretty sure there's no one going on it during the night but you still are right as we never know what could happen.

Anyway, seems like this option is out of consideration as too many factors make it uncertain. So should I prefer a simple full suspension? I have a place but it's in my parents garden, some place where they park the wood and the mower and I don't want them to remember me hanging every time they pass by. But if I am dead, maybe this is only a detail and the fact that they found me here or there doesn't matter?

Also I'm afraid of the time of suffocation/strangulation, I don't want to have this survival instinct hitting me and try to grab the rope, what are your views on it?

Again, thank you for your readings and for your answers.

Edit: @Praestat_Mori : I've been watching the Ppeh, or some lines from it but it seems impossible to get the product they recommend here, government is really watching the drugs deliverance and pharmacy aren't this easy to hack.

Reactions: Praestat_Mori
020x

020x

Suffering will end when the existence does.
Jul 6, 2023
@despair88

When it was used as an execution method, the chance of them failing to kill a person instantly was very small because they had experts with calculations in their hands. There were rare cases where the neck didn't fully break or a miscalculation that made them do it over again.

If it's s steel rail it's more than good enough. With a thick rope like I mentioned, if the calculation is done right and the knot is placed on the left or the right side of your head just right behind your ear, your neck should snap. I've seen a video on goregrish where a man did a long drop by attaching his rope to the bridges steel rail and it was successful as seen in the clip.

It's more peaceful and quicker but the chances of it working successfully are a lot smaller than if you would do full suspension, which I wouldn't recommend if you're scared of feeling pain and having terrorising fear for at least 30 seconds. I see you're trying to do that because of survival instinct being unable to save yourself, and I get that. But I've seen many videos of people doing full suspension and what the people went through, it's a lot more different than people describe. Because each person is different and you can't predict your reaction.

Partial hanging is the best in my opinion, even if survival instinct kicks in. You can attempt it many times till it works. It's a lot less painful because unlike in full suspension, the whole body isn't pulling you down and too much unnecessary weight.

Dying by hanging isn't peaceful in general. Like most of the other methods. But it's chance of working is pretty high.

Reactions: despair88 and Praestat_Mori
befree

befree

Time to do more enjoyable things _____Goodbye_____
Mar 22, 2022
You can find an overview of common methods and proven guides / books in this thread:

french book:

This is just a general information. I do not encourage you to commit suicide and to use these methods. You act on your own responsibility.

ChronoTimePulse

ChronoTimePulse

-
Jun 26, 2023
Are you sure you are 45 KG for real? I did some google searches for you. U might wana look into this

For execution by hanging, the prisoner may be weighed the day before the execution, and a rehearsal is done using a sandbag of the same weight as the prisoner. This is to determine the length of 'drop' necessary to ensure a quick death. If the rope is too long, the prisoner could be decapitated, and if it is too short, the strangulation could take as long as 45 minutes. The rope, which should be 3/4-inch to 1 1/4-inch in diameter, must be boiled and stretched to eliminate spring or coiling. The knot should be lubricated with wax or soap "to ensure a smooth sliding action," according to the 1969 U.S. Army manual.

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    54.1 KB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot 2023-07-25 231036.png
    Screenshot 2023-07-25 231036.png
    38.5 KB · Views: 0
P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
You can attempt it many times till it works.
You are right but each failed attempt causes so much more agony and pain should one really want to CTB. So imo partial is not the way to go because it has a quite high failure rate, due to SI, uncontrolled body movements while being unconscious and so on. The method is still reliable and effective if done right, no doubt!

But tbh if I CTB I want only 1 attempt and that one must be the only one. At least in my opinion.

@despair88 have you thought of the CO method?

ChronoTimePulse

ChronoTimePulse

-
Jun 26, 2023
Hello there,

I would not recommend this CTB Method at all...its too much work...

D

despair88

Feb 8, 2023
hello @ChronoTimePulse
Yes I am sure I am 45 kg, i know it seems very thin and that's the case but in opposite to what imc (that doesn't take many factors in charge) could say I a am not in food deprivation. Ok I have difficulties to enjoy eating these last days but I've always been in the 45-48kg.

Anyway, as we said, the long drop seems too complicated. So I'm going for the simple one, I mean the full suspension, and I know this might not be a part of pleasure but… it takes what it needs.

From what I have been reading slip knot is better than the hangman's knot, why? then I just have to walk on the stool, make a strong knot around the big wood beam that is supporting the roof of my parent's wood shelter, (any idea for the strong enough knot?), make the slip knot (or hangman, I really don't know honestly) close to my head, then throw the stool away. Easy fizzy.
No maths, just approximate distance, tight knots and bravery to leave my lovely parents.
You are right but each failed attempt causes so much more agony and pain should one really want to CTB. So imo partial is not the way to go because it has a quite high failure rate, due to SI, uncontrolled body movements while being unconscious and so on. The method is still reliable and effective if done right, no doubt!

But tbh if I CTB I want only 1 attempt and that one must be the only one. At least in my opinion.

It's not possible, if it's what I think it is, I don't have a driver's license, so, question is closed for me.
Truly I think full suspension is the best, don't you? Even if I have to be scared for 30 seconds, I am pretty sure I have been through worst fears and panic attacks during my life.

Edit: Sorry I didn't had all the facts around CO. Now that I red a little more, I can say that I did think about it but as I am living in my parents home and they have pets sleeping next to my room I don't want to take the risk to poison them, even my parents maybe when they would discover me.
You can find an overview of common methods and proven guides / books in this thread:

french book:

This is just a general information. I do not encourage you to commit suicide and to use these methods. You act on your own responsibility.
Edit @befree
Thank you for the resources, yes I have been reading this French book (at least I did look over the available methods) a long time ago, but medication/drugs indicated are close to the Ppeh one's and now hard to get in France.
From what I read, full suspension is the best.

When I was so much younger I always thought « if one day I have to die I want to do it in a long fall, so that I could fly for a while ». This is so weird now, realising I was like 10. Unfortunately I won't be able to fulfill this morbid dream.

Last edited:
Reactions: Praestat_Mori and ChronoTimePulse