I

inflammed123

Student
Sep 9, 2020
Tinnitus masking won't cure my Tinnitus a tiny bit. As soon as I put down the headphone, that loud high-pitch ringing comes back torturing me 24/7 ;-;

I think my Tinnitus was caused by my reckless parents who tried to clean my ear canal with unsterile hard wooden stick with a bit curvature at the tip (I don't know what it's called). And "thanks" to them, I got chronic ear infections with nasty yellowish pus coming out from both ears and muffled hearing :hmph::'(

As for Susan, I feel so sorry you're suffering so much. Your Tinnitus seems far worse than mine. I think current medical technology has not yet able to cure Tinnitus. I've tried dozens of ENT in my city and not one of them are able to at least turn down the ringing volume a bit :aw:

No! Eardrum removal won't make your Tinnitus disappear, it just makes you deaf with loud ringing still present (because the problem is the damaged hair cells inside the cochlea)!
you don't know that.

T

TheQ22

Enlightened
Aug 17, 2020
Without wanting to sound mean or judgmental towards Susan, since I don't know what anyone else is suffering or going through, I do find these posts follow a similar pattern.

A wall of unstructured text that rambles from one point with variable relevance to the next, rather like you'd get from someone with a mental illness driven perspective, rather than a physically debilitating one, and then a tendancy to say yes but, no but, this won't work because, I can't do that because to any suggestion to try and help.

So in summary - I'm suffering, I've tried every medical professional and treatment known to man, nothing works or can help me, I have tried everything, or won't try these things because they won't help me - so now I'm asking on a totally irrelevant and unrelated to my illness forum - can anyone help me?

Something - to my mind - just isn't plumb in this story.

Sorry Susan if I've got it wrong, if you're suffering to this extent I really feel for you. But what you're posting and your responses - to me - just don't make sense.

• Hmph!
Reactions: Brink and Homecoming
Cherrypea

Cherrypea

I remember when all this will be again
May 3, 2020
Without wanting to sound mean or judgmental towards Susan, since I don't know what anyone else is suffering or going through, I do find these posts follow a similar pattern.

A wall of unstructured text that rambles from one point with variable relevance to the next, rather like you'd get from someone with a mental illness driven perspective, rather than a physically debilitating one, and then a tendancy to say yes but, no but, this won't work because, I can't do that because to any suggestion to try and help.

So in summary - I'm suffering, I've tried every medical professional and treatment known to man, nothing works or can help me, I have tried everything, or won't try these things because they won't help me - so now I'm asking on a totally irrelevant and unrelated to my illness forum - can anyone help me?

Something - to my mind - just isn't plumb in this story.

Sorry Susan if I've got it wrong, if you're suffering to this extent I really feel for you. But what you're posting and your responses - to me - just don't make sense.
I think she's very desperate and reached the end of the line. These posts have certainly educated me about the living hell of tinnitus. When you've tried everything and suffering so much you there's not much option but to cry out for help and that's fine even if we can't offer much we can listen x

Reactions: Meditation guide, Lostandlooking and Brink
T

TheQ22

Enlightened
Aug 17, 2020
Sorry I was very insensitive.

• Hugs
Reactions: Meditation guide, Brink and Lostandlooking
mini_weeny

mini_weeny

Every cradle is a grave
Jan 5, 2021
Tinnitus and hyperacusis here, t is annoying but h is pure hell. I don't think there's anything that can help us unfortunately

• Hugs
Reactions: whywere