• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

Aleksandra

Aleksandra

żyję cicho krwawiąc
Aug 28, 2019
Indeed, kudos for hanging on and doing the research! You have both avoided a botch and given hope to many people. It amazes me how much work is produced here to get out, even though most of us are suffering to the degree that daily life is a burden.
no worries. i'm hoping more methods pop up but looks like i'm gunna try this one. my only question is if there is a difference in using vinegar over CA. there must be a reason why he didn't use vinegar, as it's much easier to obtain

Reactions: Lifeisatrap, Baskol1 and woxihuanni
woxihuanni

woxihuanni

Illuminated
Aug 19, 2019
no worries. i'm hoping more methods pop up but looks like i'm gunna try this one. my only question is if there is a difference in using vinegar over CA. there must be a reason why he didn't use vinegar, as it's much easier to obtain

Maybe he just wanted it to be pure and smaller quantity? Apparently CA is not hard to get either.

Reactions: Lifeisatrap, Baskol1, kypnrp and 1 other person
Aleksandra

Aleksandra

żyję cicho krwawiąc
Aug 28, 2019
What is the purpose of the hose? So that the bag doesn't explode? That complicates things a bit. I hope it's not a necessary component of this method since the guy in the article didn't use one but was still successful
the hose is to transfer the gas from the bag to the euthanasia chamber, that's only for animals. you could honestly get a large bag and create the co2 inside it, perhaps having a rubber band around your neck already and then go under? maybe?
Maybe he just wanted it to be pure and smaller quantity? Apparently CA is not hard to get either.
i know in some places you can only find them in pharmacies, vinegar is easier to find because you can get it anywhere i guess
final touch on all this as i've re read the case file, the photos are not how his body was when he was found. the cups were inside the bag when he was doing it, since he is facing downwards in the photo, he probably poured the citric acid with the baking soda, and left it until the reaction was over, then slipped into the bag with the elastic band already either around his neck or the bag. because he inhaled that much co2 so suddenly he lost consciousness instantly. meaning he didn't even have time to feel the suffocation. so in conclusion, this method does work, you don't need anything like a hose, and you probably won't suffer, if he didn't.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lifeisatrap, Baskol1 and woxihuanni
Soul

Soul

gate gate paragate parasamgate bodhi svaha
Apr 12, 2019
don't lose hope! this method may be the holy grail of methods haha. it's probably not talked about because no one besides him has thought hey, people do this to rats so it should work on me.

Hm. The article says "plastic bag suffocation combined with CO2 gas generated from citric acid and baking soda ... has been widely distributed as suicidal means through websites. This case report promotes forensic pathologists and medical coroners to emphasize that the Internet has a crucial role on a source of suicidal information or a promoter of suicide all over the world."

So it wasn't just this young man's idea to try it. I just don't get why this isn't in the PPH. Too simple?

Is anyone here a member of Exit International who could enquire about it?

Last edited:
Reactions: Lifeisatrap, Baskol1, Aleksandra and 1 other person
Aleksandra

Aleksandra

żyję cicho krwawiąc
Aug 28, 2019
Hm. The article says "plastic bag suffocation combined with CO2 gas generated from citric acid and baking soda ... has been widely distributed as suicidal means through websites. This case report promotes forensic pathologists and medical coroners to emphasize that the Internet has a crucial role on a source of suicidal information or a promoter of suicide all over the world."

So it wasn't just this young man's idea to try it.
yeah i found that really odd, as i can't find it anywhere else. maybe in a japanese forum?
wait, i just read on the document, "to our best knowledge, there are no suicidal cases about plastic bag suffocation with co2 gas, especially generated by the mixture of baking soda and citric acid". so he is still the first, i don't know if he came up with the idea. would be good to know what kind of student he was, perhaps a chem student as this is still really creative for what it is

Last edited:
Reactions: Lifeisatrap, woxihuanni and Baskol1
GeorgeJL

GeorgeJL

Enlightened
Mar 7, 2019
I'm asking myself the same questions. This seems to be the cheapest and easiest method in the world. It does sound too good to be true but I sure hope it isn't
No the easiest least expensive method is the Korean method. Which is basically just compression of the carotid artery.

Reactions: Aleksandra and Baskol1
Soul

Soul

Apr 12, 2019
No the easiest least expensive method is the Korean method. Which is basically just compression of the carotid artery.

Ahh but that's only easy for people who can find their carotid arteries, which (judging from posts here) seems to be a fairly low percentage. This one seems good for the rest of us.

GeorgeJL

GeorgeJL

Enlightened
Mar 7, 2019
Ahh but that's only easy for people who can find their carotid arteries, which (judging from posts here) seems to be a fairly low percentage. This one seems good for the rest of us.
I bet if we had a doctor inspect people here we would find them real quick.

Reactions: Lifeisatrap and Baskol1
Soul

Soul

Apr 12, 2019
yeah i found that really odd, as i can't find it anywhere else. maybe in a japanese forum?
wait, i just read on the document, "to our best knowledge, there are no suicidal cases about plastic bag suffocation with co2 gas, especially generated by the mixture of baking soda and citric acid". so he is still the first, i don't know if he came up with the idea. would be good to know what kind of student he was, perhaps a chem student as this is still really creative for what it is

I understood that sentence as meaning that to the authors' best knowledge there have been no published case studies on it, even though it's popular on the internet. Confusing.

Reactions: Lifeisatrap, woxihuanni, Aleksandra and 1 other person
Aleksandra

Aleksandra

żyję cicho krwawiąc
Aug 28, 2019
I understood that sentence as meaning that to the authors' best knowledge there have been no published case studies on it, even though it's popular on the internet. Confusing.
yeah, it's most likely a japanese forum then, because you can try to look it up and you get nearly nothing from it.

any japanese user here wanna try to look it up?

Subhuman

Subhuman

Student
Jun 28, 2019
I looked into it and for me personally it's not easy

Reactions: Lifeisatrap, Aleksandra, woxihuanni and 1 other person
Soul

Soul

Apr 12, 2019
I hope the article isn't just a social experiment to see if they can popularise a made-up method on a pro-choice forum ...

Reactions: Lifeisatrap, Intelligent_Lobster and Baskol1
woxihuanni

woxihuanni

Illuminated
Aug 19, 2019
I looked into it and for me personally it's not easy

Yeah if everybody could find it or have a doctor to help with it, people would be falling dead like leaves. You cannot go to a doctor and ask where your off switch is.
I hope the article isn't just a social experiment to see if they can popularise a made-up method on a pro-choice forum ...

I'd say it would be going into the waters of paranoia. I suppose it just takes chemistry knowledge and an ability to stick your in a bag, hence not so popular. Some methods are quiet country-specific, too.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lifeisatrap, Aleksandra and Baskol1
pane

pane

Hollow
Apr 29, 2019
I'm wondering outloud in asking if it would be possible to put the citric acid and baking soda inside of a plastic container of some sort that can be opened then sealed shut and have it connected to a CPAP mask and hose?

Reactions: Lifeisatrap and Baskol1
K

kypnrp

Aug 17, 2019
Hm. I think I have a method.
Might be possible to get an elastic band make the reaction inside a bottle, hold your breath, put the bag over your head, secure it with the elastic and use the opening of the bottle to pour gas inside the bag. Then, after half a minute or so, take a deep breath and that's it.

I'm wondering outloud in asking if it would be possible to put the citric acid and baking soda inside of a plastic container of some sort that can be opened then sealed shut and have it connected to a CPAP mask and hose?
I'm unsure if it would be peaceful, because for it to be quick you need to inhale a lot of CO2 at once. Looking at google images, it doesn't seem like these masks provide a lot of flow quickly.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Lifeisatrap, SelfHatingAspie, pane and 2 others
Aleksandra

Aleksandra

żyję cicho krwawiąc
Aug 28, 2019
Hm. I think I have a method.
Might be possible to get an elastic band make the reaction inside a bottle, hold your breath, put the bag over your head, secure it with the elastic and use the opening of the bottle to pour gas inside the bag. Then, after half a minute or so, take a deep breath and that's it.

I'm unsure if it would be peaceful, because for it to be quick you need to inhale a lot of CO2 at once. Looking at google images, it doesn't seem like these masks provide a lot of flow quickly.

how would you pour the gas inside the bag?:o

Reactions: Lifeisatrap and woxihuanni
K

kypnrp

Aug 17, 2019
how would you pour the gas inside the bag?:o
Uh, here's a dumb drawing to illustrate what I mean.
The light gray stuff is supposed to be the bag and the pink line is a rubber band.

Reactions: Lifeisatrap, Subhuman, Soul and 2 others
woxihuanni

woxihuanni

Illuminated
Aug 19, 2019
The light gray stuff is supposed to be the bag and the pink line is a rubber band.
View attachment 15513

Aha, so once you pour the powder in, you immediately pull the bottle into the bag?

Reactions: Lifeisatrap and Aleksandra
K

kypnrp

Aug 17, 2019
Aha, so once you pour the powder in, you immediately pull the bottle into the bag?
Yes. And hold your breath for a bit until it fills up the bag, you don't want to inhale the CO2 at a low-ish concentration.

Reactions: Lifeisatrap, Aleksandra and woxihuanni
woxihuanni

woxihuanni

Illuminated
Aug 19, 2019
Yes. And hold your breath for a bit until it fills up the bag, you don't want to inhale the CO2 at a low-ish concentration.

Ahh, it feels wonderful to have this method at hand. I think I will still OD, but this should make it irrelevant if the OD works or not.

Reactions: Lifeisatrap and Soul
Soul

Soul

Apr 12, 2019
View attachment 15513

I *love* your drawing.

Are we sure co2 is sufficiently lighter than air to flow efficiently out of the bottle? I think I'd be more inclined to have a big bowl in the bag with me and mix the two substances it right in front of my face.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lifeisatrap, woxihuanni and Aleksandra
K

kypnrp

Aug 17, 2019
I *love* your drawing.

Are we sure co2 is sufficiently lighter than air to flow efficiently out of the bottle? I think I'd be more inclined to have a big bowl in the bag with me and mix the two substances it right in front of my face.
CO2 is heavier than air, but gases occupy every bit of space they can. Since that reaction puts out a lot of CO2, it'll certainly be enough fill the bag. Though, inside a big bottle, I'd definitely use a bigger amount of both baking soda and vinegar.

Reactions: Lifeisatrap, Subhuman, woxihuanni and 1 other person
Aleksandra

Aleksandra

żyję cicho krwawiąc
Aug 28, 2019
CO2 is heavier than air, but gases occupy every bit of space they can. Since that reaction puts out a lot of CO2, it'll certainly be enough fill the bag. Though, inside a big bottle, I'd definitely use a bigger amount of both baking soda and vinegar.
there may be a flaw, are you to hold your breath until the chemical reaction stops and then pull it out? because if it needs to stay, it'll easily fall out:(

Reactions: woxihuanni
K

kypnrp

Aug 17, 2019
there may be a flaw, are you to hold your breath until the chemical reaction stops and then pull it out? because if it needs to stay, it'll easily fall out:(
You'd pull the bottle out and then use the elastic to seal the bag, it doesn't have to stay

Reactions: Lifeisatrap, Aleksandra, Baskol1 and 1 other person
SelfHatingAspie

SelfHatingAspie

Ambitious but rubbish
Jul 2, 2019

In my country, CA is available in supermarkets (albeit in a powdered form). There's a video on YouTube where a kid does an experiment with CA + BS, and he puts both of these into half a glass of water. I wonder if substituting water for vinegar would release more CO2, less CO2 or about the same amount ...

Least expensive? Probably. Easiest? I dunno about that. I'd rather pay a couple of bucks for some ingredients that are easy to combine and administer than risk screwing up the Korean method. It's not like I'm going to miss the money once I ctb.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lifeisatrap, Aleksandra, Baskol1 and 1 other person
K

kypnrp

Aug 17, 2019
In my country, CA is available in supermarkets (albeit in a powdered form). There's a video on YouTube where a kid does an experiment with CA + BS, and he puts both of these into half a glass of water. I wonder if substituting water for vinegar would release more CO2, less CO2 or about the same amount ...

Least expensive? Probably. Easiest? I dunno about that. I'd rather pay a couple of bucks for some ingredients than risk screwing up the Korean method.
Replacing water with vinegar would release more CO2 because the soda will react with both the powdered citric acid and the citric acid in the vinegar

Reactions: Lifeisatrap, Aleksandra, woxihuanni and 2 others
pane

pane

Hollow
Apr 29, 2019

To make sure I understand, you're saying that the key to this method is "overwhelming" yourself with a large amount of CO2 to quickly induce death and that having the CO2 travel through a hose/mask set-up would slow down the process too much?

Reactions: Lifeisatrap and Aleksandra
H

hunthunt

Aug 26, 2019
If this is reliable, it might just be the easiest method ever. I use baking soda a lot for cleaning and I add lemon juice (or vinegar) to it when I need to scrub something particularly stubborn. The reaction is instant and I don't think there's any need to wait for the mixture to produce enough CO2 or anything. If I knew the exact doses I wouldn't bother with complicated gadgets and procedures. All I'd do is lie down and put a plastic bag over my head, dump a box of baking soda in the bag, add a cup/bottle of vinegar, and immediately seal the bag with gorilla tape. If I were worried about suffering while I wait for the concentration of CO2 to become strong enough to knock me out, I might just hold my breath for as long as I can. I figure the more baking soda and vinegar you use, the quicker the process. Both are so cheap, I would be overjoyed if this actually works.

This sounds too good, I wonder if there's actually a way to know if using this exact method (maybe combined with a Od of benzodiazepines would avoid pain at all

Reactions: Lifeisatrap
K

kypnrp

Aug 17, 2019
To make sure I understand, you're saying that the key to this method is "overwhelming" yourself with a large amount of CO2 to quickly induce death and that having the CO2 travel through a hose/mask set-up would slow down the process too much?
Yes, that's it

Reactions: Lifeisatrap, Aleksandra and pane
Aleksandra

Aleksandra

żyję cicho krwawiąc
Aug 28, 2019
This sounds too good, I wonder if there's actually a way to know if using this exact method (maybe combined with a Od of benzodiazepines would avoid pain at all
it states in the paper you would soon pass out before feeling the effects - the person who pulled this off didn't have any traces of drugs or poisoning in his system! so he did it without. though you may be more successful if you used a benzo:)