J

Journeytoletgo

Broken and hated 7-14 years long overdue
May 14, 2018
I feel your pain. It's a very awful situation to be in. I agree looks influence your status and even money. It also shape your personality. In short looks are everything :(
I am sorry you endured the same. Since I know we have a similar struggle OP. Agreed this is why I can't wait to end myself. If only I had known back in high school, I put two and two together with my skin condition and always being last and second choice and left out I assumed it's my acne and undesirable facial characteristics. It's very lonely along with trauma and social anxiety of why I'm unable to be social as well. It just sucks. I have to get the courage soon to end this misery

• Hugs
  • Aww..
  • Love
Reactions: ImsooDone1N, Alwaysbadtime, death137 and 1 other person
Alwaysbadtime

Alwaysbadtime

Enlightened
Jun 28, 2021
One needs to have things to say, to be able to talk to have any visible personality.

• Love
Reactions: demuic and Journeytoletgo
J

Journeytoletgo

Broken and hated 7-14 years long overdue
May 14, 2018
What they really mean is because you're unattractive they see you have no "social confidence" therefore losing your wittiness, sense of humor, etc and social skills. When you feel good about your looks and nothing is bothering you it's so much easier to approach people and interact. How are you going to be confident and feel fulfillment when everyone around you keeps pointing out some flaw about yourself? That is psychologically damaging

• Love
Reactions: death137 and ncmxm
stygal

stygal

low-wage worker
Oct 29, 2020
Looks maybe matter more in this superficial society when in comes to romantic relationships but to say that personality doesn't matter at all is not true. Dated a good-looking but dull guy and it didn't last very long. And also when it comes to work one could achieve a lot just by having a lot of knowledge in combination with a manipulative personality.

• Love
Reactions: TriggerHappy
LONE WOLF.

LONE WOLF.

PUNISHER.
Nov 4, 2020
I disagree, l think Personality does matter! As it's the essence of who you are.

TheHatedOne

TheHatedOne

Death is salvation
Sep 26, 2021
Sure, looks is all that matter. You look beautiful? You live life on easy mode. You're ugly? You're fucking damned. Shy person and beautiful? They will say you're cute. Shy person and ugly? they will treat you like the worst thing ever that exists.

Reactions: Journeytoletgo, Scribble Fan, LonelyBrazilian and 2 others
TriggerHappy

TriggerHappy

In the kingdom of th blind; the one-eyed are kings
Jan 24, 2021
...I think deep down were all ugly, vengeful, self-obscessed narcissists that want nothing more than to impose our individual myopic view of the world on everyone we meet. I proudly count myself as a member...

Sounds like the zombie apocalypse.. but u know its true!

Reactions: death137
LonelyBrazilian

LonelyBrazilian

Just a boring guy.
Oct 21, 2021
I think people who say personality matters have probably never been humiliated and ostracized in their lives.

Reactions: Journeytoletgo, death137 and Scribble Fan
Scribble Fan

Scribble Fan

I'm out!
May 30, 2019
First impressions last a lifetime, and the first impression you get of someone is their looks....

Reactions: Stuckaf2, Journeytoletgo, LonelyBrazilian and 1 other person