• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

26mmmm

Experienced
Feb 12, 2024
I personally don't understand these people , but I dont want to dismiss their struggle, I don't know what its like.

If you're one of those people, whats its like from your POV?

In my eyes its all about your mindset, which can be more easily corrected than certain life circumstances if you give it a try, do you think im wrong? Is it more complicated than that?
I know it's not the simplest, since if it were you wouldn't be here, but it doesn't seem Impossible to fix.

Maybe you're so deep down the rabbit hole you're not even trying to be fixed, even tho you know you might he able to?
Or maybe you dont even feel the need to be recovered?

Last edited:
Reactions: sserafim
U

UKscotty

Doesn't read PMs
May 20, 2021
Depression doesn't care if you have £1 or £1 billion in the bank.

Life circumstances can absolutely affect how likely you are to get depression, and of course get access to better treatments but if you get it you get it.

Rich people could in some ways have it worse, they have to hide the fact even more.

I bet life was torture for Robin Williams for example. Pretending to be happy whilst his treatments were failing for years.

It's always about our own perspective, wanting to CTB is a mental illness and we just don't have anything like enough research in the area of depression yet.

I think saying richer people have it easier is misleading.

26mmmm

Experienced
Feb 12, 2024
Depression doesn't care if you have £1 or £1 billion in the bank.

Life circumstances can absolutely affect how likely you are to get depression, and of course get access to better treatments but if you get it you get it.

Rich people could in some ways have it worse, they have to hide the fact even more.

I bet life was torture for Robin Williams for example. Pretending to be happy whilst his treatments were failing for years.

It's always about our own perspective, wanting to CTB is a mental illness and we just don't have anything like enough research in the area of depression yet.

I think saying richer people have it easier is misleading.
Im not talking about money, im talking about having nothing about your life you dislike, no matter what your circumstances are.
Ofc by " mindset" I mean mental illness that is not caused by any external factors, im not dismissing their illness.

Reactions: sserafim
U

UKscotty

Doesn't read PMs
May 20, 2021
Still same principle applies. People with loads of hobbies and friends get depression and CTB.

That's the most evil part about depression, you really can't tell if the person wants to hide it.

Of course all those things make it less likely and more treatable though so there is a flip side.

26mmmm

Experienced
Feb 12, 2024
Still same principle applies. People with loads of hobbies and friends get depression and CTB.

That's the most evil part about depression, you really can't tell if the person wants to hide it.

Of course all those things make it less likely and more treatable though so there is a flip side.
Yeah that's my point - it seems way more treatable and its a shame that some of those people resort to CTB.
But I don't know what its really like, maybe some dont realize it or some just dont want to recover.

B

boddibo

maybe this year will be the one
Dec 19, 2023
Yeah that's my point - it seems way more treatable and its a shame that some of those people resort to CTB.
But I don't know what its really like, maybe some dont realize it or some just dont want to recover.
Treating depression... it's a mixed bag. I mean, sure, it's treatable, but it's not like flipping a switch.

Anyone can have depression, sometimes it's even in our genes lol. It's not just 'having nothing to dislike in your life' or a having a particular mindset to not be depressed. Depression is just a nasty thing that can appear just because it can!

Depending on where you live, there's this whole stigma around mental health, including depression. So, people might not even try to get help, because it's like nobody's taking it seriously. And even if they want help, they might be scared to ask for it because of all that stigma, even in places where it's supposed to be easy to get help.

Depression doesn't always come alone, like anxiety or PTSD, making things even more complicated. So, it's not just about trying to treat one thing.

Then there's the whole thing about some people not responding to treatments. It can feel like you're playing medication roulette, trying this pill and that one, or switching therapists, just hoping something clicks. It's exhausting to try to get better, i saw you in the Recovery section, you can easily see how it's not that easy to get better even when you're trying.

Of course, it's tragic that people that could be better resort to CTB, but sometimes things are just not that easy. I'm not here to judge them, they were suffering.

Last edited:
B

bcl001

Dec 6, 2023
There was a post recently posing the question " if you were filthy rich would you still CTB?" To me the answer to this question is similar. Having bad life circumstances would make me more depressed but having good circumstances doesn't necessarily fix the problem. Mental illness is mental illness and it doesn't discriminate.

This creates it's own complexities. Large parts of me feels guilty for feeling this way despite having good "life circumstances". If I have it this good and I still don't care wtf can actually be done at this point? I now shun available treatment and those that care because I don't wish to burden others and deep down don't want it anyway. I don't know why. Perhaps as a form of self harm, perhaps due to a realization that life is meaningless and we're just some monkeys who got a little to self aware for our own good. I don't have a good answer.

Slow_Farewell

Slow_Farewell

Warlock
Dec 19, 2023
Good question..
can you define what "good life circumstance" is? if you're talking about people like robin williams, anthony bourdaine, well, it's a difficult question to answer because although people think they know about their lives, do we really?
i'm not a conspiracy theorist by any means, i'm just thinking that in the background, things may not have been as sunny as the PR people made it out to be.
Having said that, i do understand your point and perspective. These are people who seem to not have the same worries we do, like bills, deadlines, etc. Well, let me correct that, at least not in the way I would view those problems. And yet, they chose to CTB.
I personally don't know enough of their background to provide an assessment, and sadly, im not at their level of financial security as well to be able to at least touch on what their challenges were.
I can't say you're wrong either, and I can't dismiss the premise that perhaps, from a certain perspective, these are things that have a different solution aside from CTB.
Good post though.

xmissellax

xmissellax

Need My Peace
Feb 25, 2024
There was a post recently posing the question " if you were filthy rich would you still CTB?" To me the answer to this question is similar. Having bad life circumstances would make me more depressed but having good circumstances doesn't necessarily fix the problem. Mental illness is mental illness and it doesn't discriminate.

This creates it's own complexities. Large parts of me feels guilty for feeling this way despite having good "life circumstances". If I have it this good and I still don't care wtf can actually be done at this point? I now shun available treatment and those that care because I don't wish to burden others and deep down don't want it anyway. I don't know why. Perhaps as a form of self harm, perhaps due to a realization that life is meaningless and we're just some monkeys who got a little to self aware for our own good. I don't have a good answer.
Beautifully said! Agree with everything here

untildeathdousapart

untildeathdousapart

Dec 2, 2023
I mean, i get you, i have a very supporting environment and i myself dont understand why i feel like this. I've struggled with bullying in my childhood amd i'm currently having to deal with the loss of my best friend, but that's about it. Although my family has struggled with money a lot through my growing up, they still tried their best. I struggle with a lot of mental illnesses, including ones that cant be cured which makes it just a lot harder. I didn't decide to become depressed and view life as negative, it just happened. I've been to psychwards, tried out a bunch of medication but nothing seems to work. No one can chose to feel like this, mental illness comes to anyone it doesn't matter how their life circumstamces are.

I

indignity

Feb 11, 2024
I have everything I want but I feel like I don't need any of it. My life is far from shit but I simply have no interest in it. I don't feel like I need anything at this point. I have no right to complain at all (or any reason to suffer) and I still want to ctb. it's not because of my life but because of the world. I hate the way it works and I reject its mere existence.

cupcakesandmilk

cupcakesandmilk

??/??/20??
Oct 10, 2023
Ah, I'm one of those people who had it objectively "good" in their lives. In fact, the only proof that I even "suffer" is the many scars on my thighs. In all honesty, if I had the motivation or even just acted "normal," I could keep going and have a decent life going forward (as it comes to average people like me, at least).

But really, I see no point in dragging my life when I can't see anything worth looking forward to. I am aware that there are countless people like me who feel lost in life, but even they have some things that they keep close to their hearts, be it finding the one, starting a family, or even just living for the sake of somebody they care about, but I don't find myself relating to any of that, which just makes me feel guilty because my parents do love me, even though they may be harsh at times. I sometimes think about how it would have been if there was anyone but me living my life...

But all those ramblings aside, what I'm trying to say is that I have no interest in living life as it comes to average people like me. I don't wanna work a job I hate, I don't wanna marry against my will, and I don't wanna live through decades of aimlessness when I can just fast forward to the end and save all those resources that would have otherwise been spent on me. Ofc I have some issues too, like being ugly while being painfully aware of it (lol), loneliness, mild social anxiety and dysphoria, depression maybe, and some other stupid stuff, but in all honesty, those issues in particular never bothered me to the point of CTB being as infuriating as they are.

Maybe I wouldn't be saying all this if my dream of becoming an athlete took off, but alas, it's not an ideal world, and that's fine. I've no regrets in the life I have lived till now, and I wouldn't change a thing if given the chance. I just wanna rest now...

Last edited:
R

random_user

It's impossible to lose it all and still be alive
Jun 17, 2022
I think I fall into the category you're describing. I was born and live in a privileged country, had a comfortable upbringing, have a decent job with enough money and don't have any physical illness.

I simply believe it all comes down to the fact that everybody perceives life and reality differently. Also I firmly believe that for some people life and reality are just not meant for/they're not made to endure it. But I get where you're coming from. After all it comes down to how one perceives life in my opinion. For me it's kinda the other way round, I don't get why a large amount of people who live in poverty and horrible circumstances don't just mass ctb to be honest. No two people are alike I guess.

26mmmm

Experienced
Feb 12, 2024
Ah, I'm one of those people who had it objectively "good" in their lives. In fact, the only proof that I even "suffer" is the many scars on my thighs. In all honesty, if I had the motivation or even just acted "normal," I could keep going and have a decent life going forward (as it comes to average people like me, at least).

But really, I see no point in dragging my life when I can't see anything worth looking forward to. I am aware that there are countless people like me who feel lost in life, but even they have some things that they keep close to their hearts, be it finding the one, starting a family, or even just living for the sake of somebody they care about, but I don't find myself relating to any of that, which just makes me feel guilty because my parents do love me, even though they may be harsh at times. I sometimes think about how it would have been if there was anyone but me living my life...

But all those ramblings aside, what I'm trying to say is that I have no interest in living life as it comes to average people like me. I don't wanna work a job I hate, I don't wanna marry against my will, and I don't wanna live through decades of aimlessness when I can just fast forward to the end and save all those resources that would have otherwise been spent on me. Ofc I have some issues too, like being ugly while being painfully aware of it (lol), loneliness, mild social anxiety and dysphoria, depression maybe, and some other stupid stuff, but in all honesty, those issues in particular never bothered me to the point of CTB being as infuriating as they are.

Maybe I wouldn't be saying all this if my dream of becoming an athlete took off, but alas, it's not an ideal world, and that's fine. I've no regrets in the life I have lived till now, and I wouldn't change a thing if given a chance. I just wanna rest now...
Sounds like you do have some issues tho, maybe you don't like your future with those issues in it, and not necessarily life in general?
I think I fall into the category you're describing. I was born and live in a privileged country, had a comfortable upbringing, have a decent job with enough money and don't have any physical illness.

I simply believe it all comes down to the fact that everybody perceives life and reality differently. Also I firmly believe that for some people life and reality are just not meant for/they're not made to endure it. But I get where you're coming from. After all it comes down to how one perceives life in my opinion. For me it's kinda the other way round, I don't get why a large amount of people who live in poverty and horrible circumstances don't just mass ctb to be honest. No two people are alike I guess.
I don't think people who are on constant survival mode ever get to think about that stuff, and most of them might not really have the internet to compare their lives to others, so they're fine with what they're used to.

FitsTime

FitsTime

Wizard
Feb 22, 2024
Imho if you have decent body and mind, you can consider yourself safe if you have at least 3M+ in your bank account. So i don't understand what you mean by good circumstances.

Reactions: seekingrelease22
Naked Weapon

Naked Weapon

Watch another angel die
Jan 7, 2024
I'm one of those people, and it truly equates to "money can't buy happiness". I come from an extraordinarily privileged family in an expensive neighbourhood. If I need or want something, I can acquire it. My parents are paying out-of-state tuition for me from their own bank account to get a university degree.
On the other hand, I have crippling mood and personality disorders. An eating disorder has taken control of me for half my life. Gender dysphoria has made me want to crawl out of my skin since the moment I understood that I had a body. My parents have put me through emotional neglect and my mother has used me to enact her narcissistic abuse on. In high school I was SA'd. I can't even pick a new name to align with my gender because I was robbed of my personhood.
Money can buy so much. It can buy me clothes to feel "cute" in and all the diet foods I want. It can get me a flat away from my parents and therapy and medication and HRT. But it can't buy me peace. Money and stability is not enough to keep living. We all struggle with different things, and just because someone is "better off" doesn't mean they're "better enough".

I

indignity

Feb 11, 2024
Money is the biggest evil in the world. full stop