• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

StarFaded

StarFaded

Aug 24, 2022
I want to kill myself because I've fucking had it with the online abuse I've received over the last 2.5 months.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: sserafim, Guy Smiley, maidens and 4 others
Sleeper System

Sleeper System

Z z Z z Z z Z z Z z Z
May 5, 2022
This doesn't make sense to me. 🤷

• Yay!
Reactions: Decided98, worthIess, Homo erectus and 1 other person
M

Meteora

Ignorance is bliss
Jun 27, 2023
I want to kill myself because I've fucking had it with the online abuse I've received over the last 2.5 months.
What happened, can you specify?

Reactions: BrainShower, Homo erectus and tbroken
Davey36000

Davey36000

Experienced
Jun 12, 2023
Ignore/block the person.

Reactions: worthIess and Homo erectus
Macc_Lad_71

Macc_Lad_71

Feb 15, 2024
just block the pricks! tell em to fuck off! sorted!

Reactions: worthIess
tbroken

tbroken

Wizard
Feb 22, 2024
What happened exactly?

Reactions: BrainShower and Homo erectus
Bianka

Bianka

No longer human
Jan 16, 2024
Fuck them? They're powerless if you don't give a shit

Reactions: Homo erectus and tbroken
A

absntaknwldgmnt

Mar 6, 2024
No one deserves abuse, regardless of the vehicle in which that abuse is presented. I'm sorry, you don't deserve it StarFaded

Reactions: WhatPowerIs, BrainShower and Homo erectus
MyChoiceAlone

MyChoiceAlone

sleep deprived and/or drunk
Jul 23, 2023
i know it's a thing but have no answer as to why. if you go 'online' you have to expect things like this. you had the courage to do so. do what you do. mo need to bother yourself with inevitable stupid comments

Reactions: Homo erectus and tbroken
Malaria

Malaria

If I can't be my own, I'd feel better dead
Feb 24, 2024
Yeah, it's honestly hard to talk about all the abuse I've received online as well because it's not taken seriously... I've been sexually harassed, sent death threats, and betrayed by multiple people online I thought were my friends.

Again, what makes it so hard to talk to talk about is that people don't take it seriously and can be very dismissive towards you. And when people have that kind of attitude, it makes you want to bottle up your feelings and not reach out for help even though it still weighs on you.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: sserafim, Guy Smiley, ropearoundatree and 11 others
EvisceratedJester

EvisceratedJester

|| What Else Could I Be But a Jester ||
Oct 21, 2023
fr i dont get how online abuse is a thing
I guess I can understand it being a thing when it gets to the point of doxxing and starts seeping into the real world, or in cases where a very large amount of people are harrasing you so blocking doesn't end up doing much, or when people blackmail you and/or leak private or sensitive material of you, but most cases of "online abuse" generally aren't that severe...

With that in mind, I don't think we should judge the OP's situation without knowing the full extent of what is happening to them, along with how it's affecting them. Just because it seems like a pretty simple situation that should be easy to get over to us doesn't mean that it is for them and we don't know if they've already tried blocking others.

Last edited:
Reactions: sserafim, ropearoundatree, BrainShower and 2 others
StarFaded

StarFaded

Aug 24, 2022
I guess I can understand it being a thing when it gets to the point of doxxing and starts seeping into the real world, or in cases where a very large amount of people are harrasing you so blocking doesn't end up doing much, or when people blackmail you and/or leak private or sensitive material of you, but most cases of "online abuse" generally aren't that severe...

With that in mind, I don't think we should judge the OP's situation without knowing the full extent of what is happening to them, along with how it's affecting them. Just because it seems like a pretty simple situation that should be easy to get over to us doesn't mean that it is for them and we don't know if they've already tried blocking others.
I was threatened doxxing and sent death threats yes. I was also mocked, insulted, harassed relentlessly, accused of lying and had lies spread about me. For months.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: ropearoundatree, Guy Smiley, BrainShower and 5 others
R_N

R_N

-Memento Mori-
Dec 3, 2019
I don't think it should be downplayed even if it can be avoided.

Some people ctb'd over this and it was obviously serious to them.

Reactions: pebpebpebpeb, Yuki_03, WhatPowerIs and 2 others
EvisceratedJester

EvisceratedJester

Oct 21, 2023
I was threatened doxxing and sent death threats yes. I was also mocked, insulted, harassed relentlessly, accused of lying and had lies spread about me. For months.
Oh, that's horrible. Why would they do that to you? Have you tried contacting the police or anyone about the doxxing and death threats?

FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
That is really awful, it disgusts me how humans can be so cruel, I'm sorry you've had to suffer like that.

Reactions: ropearoundatree, Yuki_03 and Homo erectus
Homo erectus

Homo erectus

Mage
Mar 7, 2023
There are many trolls and human bots these days, whose main purpose is to amplifier differences and extreme views, to divide people, label them and force them to take side. The internet is no longer a friendly environment.

Reactions: tbroken and R_N
tbroken

tbroken

Wizard
Feb 22, 2024
There are many trolls and human bots these days, whose main purpose is to amplifier differences and extreme views, to divide people, label them and force them to take side. The internet is no longer a friendly environment.
Totally agree, money, health and skills are the only things you should care about.

R_N

R_N

-Memento Mori-
Dec 3, 2019
Yeah this is pretty common. It is basically a witch hunt but in modern times.

Whenever I see someones name being dragged around in vile ways it just doesn't sit well with me...

Reactions: BrainShower, reclaimedbynature and Homo erectus
hibikikyuxx

hibikikyuxx

Student
Oct 17, 2023
One of the many reasons why social media was a mistake. Society gets worse with each year and social media is a reflection of society.

Reactions: Malaria, lovelydeath and BrainShower
U

UKscotty

Doesn't read PMs
May 20, 2021
Life became better when I deleted Facebook, tiktok and twitter for sure.

I stopped reading the fake news much too.

Reactions: butterball, Homo erectus, Guy Smiley and 2 others
Linda

Linda

Jul 30, 2020
Yeah, it's honestly hard to talk about all the abuse I've received online as well because it's not taken seriously... I've been sexually harassed, sent death threats, and betrayed by multiple people online I thought were my friends.

Again, what makes it so hard to talk to talk about is that people don't take it seriously and can be very dismissive towards you. And when people have that kind of attitude, it makes you want to bottle up your feelings and not reach out for help even though it still weighs on you.
Can you avoid the sites where this happens. If you don't want to do that, can you block the pople concerned? And if it gets to the level of death threats, why not report them to the cops?

But more fundamentally why is this happening to you? What sort of sites are these? Do the people who run those stes know what is happening?

Malaria

Malaria

Feb 24, 2024
If you don't want to do that, can you block the pople concerned?
I've blocked some of them and some of them I've removed from my life.

But more fundamentally why is this happening to you? What sort of sites are these? Do the people who run those stes know what is happening?
Those are some pretty complicated questions I don't know how to answer but I'll try...

1. I don't know why this is happening to me. I ask myself that question everyday of my life.
2. This has happened on social media websites but has also happened on Skype and Discord.
3. No the people running these websites probably don't know this happened. I didn't report these people, though in some cases I probably should have.

• Love
Reactions: Homo erectus, ropearoundatree and Linda
N

NaNO2_is_the_answer

Oct 18, 2023
Can't you just close the website that is causing the abuse?

Linda

Linda

Jul 30, 2020
I've blocked some of them and some of them I've removed from my life.

Those are some pretty complicated questions I don't know how to answer but I'll try...

1. I don't know why this is happening to me. I ask myself that question everyday of my life.
2. This has happened on social media websites but has also happened on Skype and Discord.
3. No the people running these websites probably don't know this happened. I didn't report these people, though in some cases I probably should have.
I know that you are probably not comfortable with confrontation, but you have to be able to stand up for yourself. It if happens again, you could consider fighting back, either by reporting them to whoever runs the site, or, if it's major stuff, to the cops.

If you get a "don't mess with me" reputation, people will think twice before messing with you. Very few people messed with me when I was in the oil business. Nobody did it twice.

Malaria

Malaria

Feb 24, 2024
I know that you are probably not comfortable with confrontation, but you have to be able to stand up for yourself. It if happens again, you could consider fighting back, either by reporting them to whoever runs the site, or, if it's major stuff, to the cops.

If you get a "don't mess with me" reputation, people will think twice before messing with you. Very few people messed with me when I was in the oil business. Nobody did it twice.
Yeah, standing up for myself is something I am trying to work on. Now that I think about it, part of the reason this keeps happening to me is because I have genuine anxiety around conflict to the point where it cripples me. I also struggle seeing red flags in people until it's too late and they've already abused me or have abused other people.

To make something very clear, it wasn't just that these people called me mean names online. Some of them were legit sexual predators and some of them are now in jail for what they did. I'm not exaggerating when I say the people I got involved with were genuinely bad people.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: pebpebpebpeb, R_N and Linda
Linda

Linda

Jul 30, 2020
Yeah, standing up for myself is something I am trying to work on. Now that I think about it, part of the reason this keeps happening to me is because I have genuine anxiety around conflict to the point where it cripples me. I also struggle seeing red flags in people until it's too late and they've already abused me or have abused other people.

To make something very clear, it wasn't just that these people called me mean names online. Some of them were legit sexual predators and some of them are now in jail for what they did. I'm not exaggerating when I say the people I got involved with were genuinely bad people.
I think you have to take this a bit at a time. My husband is not at all assertive, and he is prone to let people take advantage of him. I am the opposite: nobody takes advantage of me. When I first met him, and for many years afterwards, I always had to be the big bad wolf, when there was a need for that sort of thing. But over the years he has gradually learned to be more assertive himself. Partly, I think, it's the confidence that comes with age, and partly it''s from watching how I do it. He will never be naturally assertive (if that's the rght phrase; it isn't in his DNA) but he can now stand up for himself, and push a bit, when necessary. You will probably find that, with practice, you will be able to do the same. Start by doing it in a small way, and build on that.

It also sounds as though you need to be more careful about who you get involved with online. Again, it's probably a matter of practice, and learning what red flags to look out for.

• Love
Reactions: ropearoundatree, BrainShower and Malaria
lostinwoe

lostinwoe

woefully bound to death.
Mar 1, 2024

its online, you can make a new identity in 2 minutes honestly if you get doxxed i blame yourself

• Hmph!
Reactions: Guy Smiley
EvisceratedJester

EvisceratedJester

Oct 21, 2023
its online, you can make a new identity in 2 minutes honestly if you get doxxed i blame yourself
Really? You sound like a fucking asshole. Please don't ever come on to this site again to complain about shit going on in your life if you plan victim-blaming others for shit that happening to them. Imagine having the audacity to act as though someone having their own safety jeopardized is some little silly thing that can be quickly fixed and is their fault. Fuck you.

I don't understand why you are even on this thread if you just planned on being an asshole the entire time. Is it that hard to at bare minimum be nice and try to understand what the OP is going through?

Reactions: StarFaded, BrainShower, reclaimedbynature and 2 others
Linda

Linda

Jul 30, 2020
Really? You sound like a fucking asshole. Please don't ever come on to this site again to complain about shit going on in your life if you plan victim-blaming others for shit that happening to them. Imagine having the audacity to act as though someone having their own safety jeopardized is some little silly thing that can be quickly fixed and is their fault. Fuck you.

I don't understand why you are even on this thread if you just planned on being an asshole the entire time. Is it that hard to at bare minimum be nice and try to understand what the OP is going through?
When we disagree with others on this website we try to do so politely. I'm sure you'll bear that in mind.

Reactions: pebpebpebpeb and R_N