• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

H

helpls

Mar 2, 2024
Idk if im the only one going through this but
everyone around me knows I've attempted to ctb before, and that I actively cut. And yet no one actually cares? In a way it's nice, because I can cut without wondering if it's going to affect them (it really doesnt lol, they say it does but it really doesn't), but sometimes it hurts. It takes a lot to tell someone I feel like ctb-ing but my friend usually just brushes it off and ignores me... I've given up trying to let people know about it (I mean, is there really a point?) and isnt this counter productive... In the past I could sort of convince myself that people would be affected if I died and I shouldn't ctb, but now I know for sure it really isn't going to.

FuneralCry

FuneralCry

She wished that she never existed...
Sep 24, 2020
I believe most only care about what directly affects themselves, many humans are very self centred after all.

Reactions: divinemistress36
Tixij

Tixij

im cold and there are wolves after me
Feb 27, 2024
its the same for me. it feels like people just pretend it never happened or like it was just so insignificant that they dont care. i think because we didnt "suceed" in an attempt that they think its not serious or its for attention or something. you attempted, you got your attention, go back to being normal. or maybe people really just dont care about us. who knows.

U

UKscotty

Doesn't read PMs
May 20, 2021
In my experience most people care a lot, that's what makes suicide always so tragic.

The real problem is people can't do much to help so they feel lost and stuck.

Unattainable666

Unattainable666

Enlightened
Mar 31, 2023
Idk if im the only one going through this but
everyone around me knows I've attempted to ctb before, and that I actively cut. And yet no one actually cares? In a way it's nice, because I can cut without wondering if it's going to affect them (it really doesnt lol, they say it does but it really doesn't), but sometimes it hurts. It takes a lot to tell someone I feel like ctb-ing but my friend usually just brushes it off and ignores me... I've given up trying to let people know about it (I mean, is there really a point?) and isnt this counter productive... In the past I could sort of convince myself that people would be affected if I died and I shouldn't ctb, but now I know for sure it really isn't going to.
that's the way of the world now. Nobody gives a shit about anybody else. People are abusive, mentally, emotionally and physically and the cops wonder why there are so many shootings? Really????? This world sucks and the people in it (the majority of them) are useless.

L

lifewasawillowtv

You’re losing me
Nov 12, 2023
I learnt this the hard way unfortunately. People suck.

divinemistress36

divinemistress36

Enlightened
Jan 1, 2024
There are a small percentage of people who care but most people don't give a shit unfortunately

Reactions: Captive_Mind515
wagner2029

wagner2029

Experienced
Jun 25, 2023
Being pragmatic, what could someone do to help? what is the problem? money? home? What could someone do to help you?
And depending on the person's history, whoever is back gets tired of this subject.
I don't think it's a question of not caring, but of not knowing how to deal with the situation.
Maybe in the future society will evolve and overcome this taboo.

Reactions: hikikomorizombie
lita-lassi

lita-lassi

let me spell it out for you: go to hell
Sep 25, 2023
Being pragmatic, what could someone do to help? what is the problem? money? home? What could someone do to help you?
And depending on the person's history, whoever is back gets tired of this subject.
I don't think it's a question of not caring, but of not knowing how to deal with the situation.
this. people actually do care but very few are wired to know how to respond in an effective way. humans are generally wired for the opposite. i dont think its fair to get mad at people for not knowing how to respond to such a harsh situation unless theyre blatently belittling, dismissive in a negative manner or outright rude/shitty because most people know that theyre not capable of completely picking up another persons entire life and shouldering that responsibility. nor should they be.

M

MannyAntsy

Mar 24, 2024
Most people don't know how to deal with another person's trauma or suicidal tendencies, even those with trauma themselves. I've been on both ends of this. As the person being asked for support by a family member, I have limited energy and knowledge for this and my way of thinking and processing problems is different from said family member. I've become more withdrawn as our interactions cause more distress than it corrects, which makes them think they're not cared about, when really I just have no idea how to help them and trying to just drags my already wounded mental health down with them. As the person seeking support, I have one person that always makes me feel better. Most people either distance themselves from me or awkwardly fumble around trying to support me, sometimes making things worse. Society as a whole can seem rather cold, and when looking at our societal expectations on a macro level, it really is. On an individual level, however, most people are empathetic but have zero clue how to help, and if they sacrifice their own mental wellbeing to help and fail to accomplish anything, the situation is now objectively worse than if they just awkwardly avoided helping.

Reactions: divinemistress36