• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

TheGoodGuy

TheGoodGuy

Visionary
Aug 27, 2018
And no I am not young.

It makes me so sad and depressed when I see another childhood friend or acquaintance has deleted me from e.g. Facebook because it says they don´t care at all about me anymore and if I died it wouldn´t matter to them. I like still having past friends and acquaintances as friends to nostalgicly view some old pictures of them from time to time from back when we were friends and life was good.

To me who live in the past they´re still very much part of my life and my happy memories of us having fun and living life together but they apparently don´t feel the same way about me, they have new friends now and another life so the past doesn´t exist to them but it does to me it´s the only thing I have left is my memories. So yeah it hurts very much to see another old friend has deleted me because it´s also the last connection we have to each other so by deleting me they are cutting me completely out of their life and have decided that I don´t matter at all to them anymore. Does anyone else feel like this or is it just stupid nostalgic me?

TheGoodGuy

TheGoodGuy

Visionary
Aug 27, 2018
Absolutely. It hurts like hell the older you get the more friends you loose they move on with their life . I always cry when I look at old pictures. Facebook is the worst
I feel the same I get so sad looking at those old pictures because it was so long ago it was a completely different world a world I once thrived in where I had fun and was happy and that world no longer exists.

The problem is also as you said the older you get the more friends you loose and they move on with their lives where I simply don´t I am stuck in the past or maybe rather a limbo because the past world doesn´t exist anymore but I can´t move on "to the next stage in life" I haven´t even lived what supposed to be my last step in life my twenties where people party, experience the world and travel I just sat in my room basically.

CTB Dream

CTB Dream

Disabled. Hard talk, don't argue, make fun, etc
Sep 17, 2022
This truth human scum species yea tell u truth me injury damage nobod care all ignore all blk dlt say come come me injury damage all ignr blk dlt ghst etc Yea scum species say life dngr come talk nobod talk all ignor3 yea this truth human scum me die nobod care wat resn stay this scum life this scum species, simil all kill me all no care ,human scum

S

Sivit

Feb 15, 2024
Friends are people you talk to on a regular basis
What happens when you don't talk to for a while is that you 2 become more distant to each other
I guess its a bit more different IRL but I met so many strangers online its hard to refer to people as friends

Reactions: beyondthestars
B

brokeandbroken

Warlock
Apr 18, 2023
And no I am not young.

It makes me so sad and depressed when I see another childhood friend or acquaintance has deleted me from e.g. Facebook because it says they don´t care at all about me anymore and if I died it wouldn´t matter to them. I like still having past friends and acquaintances as friends to nostalgicly view some old pictures of them from time to time from back when we were friends and life was good.

To me who live in the past they´re still very much part of my life and my happy memories of us having fun and living life together but they apparently don´t feel the same way about me, they have new friends now and another life so the past doesn´t exist to them but it does to me it´s the only thing I have left is my memories. So yeah it hurts very much to see another old friend has deleted me because it´s also the last connection we have to each other so by deleting me they are cutting me completely out of their life and have decided that I don´t matter at all to them anymore. Does anyone else feel like this or is it just stupid nostalgic me?
I had something like 500 or so "friends" in February of 2022. I deleted all of my classmates and people in the same university. As I didn't feel like I had any. I wanted to see if any of them would reach out or add me back. None did. I also did this again with everyone else on my friends list. Once again 0 did. I wanted to see if I truly had any friends. I got my answer.

TheGoodGuy

TheGoodGuy

Visionary
Aug 27, 2018
I had something like 500 or so "friends" in February of 2022. I deleted all of my classmates and people in the same university. As I didn't feel like I had any. I wanted to see if any of them would reach out or add me back. None did. I also did this again with everyone else on my friends list. Once again 0 did. I wanted to see if I truly had any friends. I got my answer.
Feels like this one could go both ways I get what you were trying to do but what if they feel like me then they might think you deleted them because you don´t want them in your life anymore I doubt the 100 people who deleted me did so to test if I wanted to add them back and if so I feel like it´s a bad strategy because I am too anxious to try and add them back because if they ignore me or write something negative towards me it would hurt even more coming from a person who used to be my friend.

B

brokeandbroken

Warlock
Apr 18, 2023
Feels like this one could go both ways I get what you were trying to do but what if they feel like me then they might think you deleted them because you don´t want them in your life anymore I doubt the 100 people who deleted me did so to test if I wanted to add them back and if so I feel like it´s a bad strategy because I am too anxious to try and add them back because if they ignore me or write something negative towards me it would hurt even more coming from a person who used to be my friend.
Does it have flaws absolutely. For instance it's easy to not notice. That said when you are incredibly isolated you don't have many options. Honest truth... If they didn't care to find out why. I'm not sure they are worth it. I mean how many facebook friends aren't really your friends? How many do you talk to? How many aren't even really your friends. How many care about you. I just kind of realized most I hadn't spoken to in years. I wanted to know how many were my friends. I got my answer. Yes you are correct Of course 100 didn't.

Reactions: TheGoodGuy
TheGoodGuy

TheGoodGuy

Visionary
Aug 27, 2018
Does it have flaws absolutely. For instance it's easy to not notice. That said when you are incredibly isolated you don't have many options. Honest truth... If they didn't care to find out why. I'm not sure they are worth it. I mean how many facebook friends aren't really your friends? How many do you talk to? How many aren't even really your friends. How many care about you. I just kind of realized most I hadn't spoken to in years. I wanted to know how many were my friends. I got my answer. Yes you are correct Of course 100 didn't.
Yeah I actually very dislike how unnoticed it goes when people get deleted as friends they should send a notification both so I know who unfriended me (in my case over 100 in a short time) but also in general, it would kinda give people the second chance you´re looking for so people might write to you asking you why you deleted them or maybe say they still would like to stay in touch but this current way it´s ghosting people.

roo

roo

I’m alright, spring will come to me too someday
Feb 20, 2022
especially when they only do it to u and not ur other friends, like why am i singled out and less important. i deleted social media n its sm more peaceful

Lookingtoflyfree

Lookingtoflyfree

Student
Jan 11, 2024
I've realized how little I matter to people when you do see people unfriend or block you. I found out a friend died recently because their mother let me know. It's like sometimes social media is incredibly useful but also a reminder of how cruel people can be. That people are disposible to one another. I've always felt like i've lived at the wrong time - my values are so different than anyone else's but it reminds me I won't have to suffer for long

• Love
G

grahf

Broken English from Indonesia
Mar 3, 2024
It makes me so sad and depressed when I see another childhood friend or acquaintance has deleted me from e.g. Facebook because it says they don´t care at all about me anymore and if I died it wouldn´t matter to them.
Sorry to hear about your situation
At least they tell you and not just hanging you with no answer
I tried chat my friends too and they never reply

• Aww..
TheGoodGuy

TheGoodGuy

Visionary
Aug 27, 2018
Sorry to hear about your situation
At least they tell you and not just hanging you with no answer
I tried chat my friends too and they never reply
Yeah that hurts even more which is also why if they delete me I am too afraid to send a friend request or write to them in case I get ignored or they write something back that would hurt my feelings, I tried that with an old friend where he had deleted me and I tried to write a few times but he didn´t reply and we used to be very good friends so that is how you know they wouldn´t care if you lived or died.

• Hugs
Reactions: grahf
M

mtoro998

Experienced
Feb 29, 2024
Sometimes I find out that they never really deleted you. They deleted thier Facebook or deactivated it temporarily. If they really just deleted you for no reason then that person isnt a true friend. Real friends will stay around.

Reactions: Z-A
G

grahf

Mar 3, 2024
Yeah that hurts even more which is also why if they delete me I am too afraid to send a friend request or write to them in case I get ignored or they write something back that would hurt my feelings, I tried that with an old friend where he had deleted me and I tried to write a few times but he didn´t reply and we used to be very good friends so that is how you know they wouldn´t care if you lived or died.
I'm afraid message them again even they are not block me
I afraid even know they never consider me their friend, when I message them I need meet them and they didn't reply it's break my heart

• Aww..
TheGoodGuy

TheGoodGuy

Visionary
Aug 27, 2018
I'm afraid message them again even they are not block me
I afraid even know they never consider me their friend, when I message them I need meet them and they didn't reply it's break my heart
Same it really breaks my heart that people you used to be so close with couldn´t care less about you now.

• Aww..
Reactions: grahf
G

grahf

Mar 3, 2024
Same it really breaks my heart that people you used to be so close with couldn´t care less about you now.
I guess we never had our true friend, I hope we could find our true friend who stay with us and try to understand us

TheGoodGuy

TheGoodGuy

Visionary
Aug 27, 2018
I guess we never had our true friend, I hope we could find our true friend who stay with us and try to understand us
Forgot to answer this a while back. I took a little offense to this although you meant well I view my childhood friends and some friends from my teen years as a true friend as they could be I know they didn´t stuck around but there are many reasons for that and sometimes people just drift apart unfortunately but I get what you mean I would have loved to have a friend who would stand by me through everything and didn´t feel like getting new friends (which eventually would replace me)

BoredAndALL

BoredAndALL

Dec 25, 2023
I can relate to being nostalgic about the past. That why I've gotten rid of all of my "real" social media accounts. Deleting accounts with 10+ of activity on them was one of the most liberating acts I have done for myself. Going from being terminally online with ever looming FOMO to my current neanderthal state was a huge jump but it was for sure worth it. I've only kept my spam accounts for job-related lurking and messaging app accounts for my friend circle. It helped me filter out all the people who actually care about me somewhat. I still keep memories of past friendships in drives but I don't find myself looking back at them much now that I'm not bombarded by them every time I open my profile.

TheGoodGuy

TheGoodGuy

Visionary
Aug 27, 2018
I can relate to being nostalgic about the past. That why I've gotten rid of all of my "real" social media accounts. Deleting accounts with 10+ of activity on them was one of the most liberating acts I have done for myself. Going from being terminally online with ever looming FOMO to my current neanderthal state was a huge jump but it was for sure worth it. I've only kept my spam accounts for job-related lurking and messaging app accounts for my friend circle. It helped me filter out all the people who actually care about me somewhat. I still keep memories of past friendships in drives but I don't find myself looking back at them much now that I'm not bombarded by them every time I open my profile.
I would never delete my Facebook though, it holds too much sentimental value to me even though it´s digital it´s still holds close to the same amount of sentimental value as physical things I am nostalgic about and I find it nostalgic sometimes and see the "Facebook memories" where I can a see a post I made 15 years ago and to think I wrote that all those years ago and the people who commented on it used to be in my social circle is nostalgic to me I also find FB practical to get in touch with people.

Also I don´t know if you fall into this category but for people who think I shouldn´t dwell in the past and just delete social media like FB I don´t see why. Nostalgia is all I have, sure for people who are able to live in the present and have hope and dreams for the future they could probably get rid of social media or nostalgic things because they have plenty to live for in the future but for people like me there is nothing in the future for me only more suffering and it has been that way for over 10+ years so it´s only natural that I want to go back to a time where life was good and since the only worse and worse for me for over a decade more precicely the last 16 years actually it is safe to assume it´s not going to change ever and in order for it to make sense to discard of the old a person has to enjoy or at least not despise their present life not just for a few month but is has to be their default state of mind because you can´t just get rid of all the old and have nothing to replace it with if I did that I would have nothing to replace it with so I don´t want to get rid of things that can bring me nostalgia (the closest thing I have to happiness) not even a Facebook page because nostalgia is all I have left and the only thing that brings me any sort of joy even if it is a bittersweet feeling of it.

G

grahf

Mar 3, 2024
Forgot to answer this a while back. I took a little offense to this although you meant well I view my childhood friends and some friends from my teen years as a true friend as they could be I know they didn´t stuck around but there are many reasons for that and sometimes people just drift apart unfortunately but I get what you mean I would have loved to have a friend who would stand by me through everything and didn´t feel like getting new friends (which eventually would replace me)
Sorry for my bad English, I'm sorry if I make you uncomfortable i didn't meant bad or anything, I guess you ever had true friends unlike me who never had true friends, thanks for letting me know if you took little offense from my reply

• Love
DyingToDie123

DyingToDie123

she/her
Oct 25, 2023
I saw how long this thread was and thought it'd be a bunch of people telling you your petty or something. :ahhha:

I feel the exact same way. I'm really sensitive to rejection so this is a really painful feeling for me.