• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

_Minsk

_Minsk

death: the cure for life
Dec 9, 2019
Hi,
So i just had an epic "ah" moment.. if i had known this way earlier, my life might had been gone a little better.

so i noticed that whenever someone upsets us or make us go nuts, something which annoys us eg. its a part within ourselves, which we dont like within ourselves..

i have been wondering why so many people just make me upset, they just trigger something within me and i tried to suppress it all the time, but i couldn't get rid of it..

this started to happen when i begun with suppressing parts within myself, parts which, at that time, seem to cause only problems like others hurting me because of certain parts within me (and they did it because someone treated them exactly like this probably!). its like a virus, infecting everyone young. we learn to suppress parts within ourselves, maybe society dosnt accept them, friends, family, and the list goes on. we are being "Conditioned" in a certain manner, life as child might have been good, till we learned to suppress our happy parts within us, maybe not all are affected by this, but i thought this might be worth sharing:)

by noticing when something triggers you like this in others, be aware of it at first. when you see this problem/pattern, try to switch your focus on where you might be exactly the way like the person who triggered you. it might be hard to see it the first time because we never really analysed it that way.

by seeing it, you can change your reaction to people, accept them and this part, you heal that part within yourself, you re-integrate it. we should love each part/personality within us unconditionally, then we love these parts in others and ultimately become more loving, even unconditional maybe at some time:)
thanks for reading:D

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 1465

_
Jul 31, 2018
I agree. I recall an old acquaintance that I disliked. With hindsight, I can see the things in him I disliked were the things in myself I was afraid of.
Conversely, the things we admire in others are the things we ourselves would wish to be more like.
I realised this when I witnessed the compassion shown to my Mum by her care staff. I became friends with them and came to admire them and realised I wanted to be more like that myself.

Reactions: _Minsk
Mr2005

Mr2005

Don't shoot the messenger, give me the gun
Sep 25, 2018
Something like this yeah. I'm not feeling the eureka moment right now sorry. I just saw it and had to say something because it's right up my street

SipSop

SipSop

Arcanist
May 7, 2020
Hi,
So i just had an epic "ah" moment.. if i had known this way earlier, my life might had been gone a little better.

so i noticed that whenever someone upsets us or make us go nuts, something which annoys us eg. its a part within ourselves, which we dont like within ourselves..

i have been wondering why so many people just make me upset, they just trigger something within me and i tried to suppress it all the time, but i couldn't get rid of it..

this started to happen when i begun with suppressing parts within myself, parts which, at that time, seem to cause only problems like others hurting me because of certain parts within me (and they did it because someone treated them exactly like this probably!). its like a virus, infecting everyone young. we learn to suppress parts within ourselves, maybe society dosnt accept them, friends, family, and the list goes on. we are being "Conditioned" in a certain manner, life as child might have been good, till we learned to suppress our happy parts within us, maybe not all are affected by this, but i thought this might be worth sharing:)

by noticing when something triggers you like this in others, be aware of it at first. when you see this problem/pattern, try to switch your focus on where you might be exactly the way like the person who triggered you. it might be hard to see it the first time because we never really analysed it that way.

by seeing it, you can change your reaction to people, accept them and this part, you heal that part within yourself, you re-integrate it. we should love each part/personality within us unconditionally, then we love these parts in others and ultimately become more loving, even unconditional maybe at some time:)
thanks for reading:D
Acceptance is a key word here.
I just realised this. I didn't wsnted to accept what was in front of me and I suffered more because of it.
To let my pride on the side is difficult. But acceptance makes the process more easy.

• Love
Deleted member 17949

Deleted member 17949

Visionary
May 9, 2020
Good observation. A lot of the times when someone upsets me it's very much connected to my own insecurities rather than something they're actually doing wrong.

• Love