SummerDreamer

SummerDreamer

Jun 1, 2020
I paid the 100 euro subscription to pegasos in order to make an application. However it says you need to pay 5000 euro deposit for the application alone! And if it doesn't get approved you only get 1500 back. Surely this is just a quickfire way for them to make money off desparate individuals who might submit an application, only to get it rejected for certain reasons?

I'm suffering with chronic tinnitus, visual snow syndrome and pain hyperacusis but I'm only 23 and so they could very easily reject my application. I also haven't been suffering from these conditions for very long (although chronic tinnitus started in Jan).

• Aww..
  • Wow
Reactions: MyChoiceToLeave and puppy9
Soul

Soul

gate gate paragate parasamgate bodhi svaha
Apr 12, 2019
I'm sorry. Is there someone at Pegasos you can talk to about your concerns? They may be able to clarify things for you. I've never dealt with them so I can't speculate about their policies.

enjolras

enjolras

Dead are useless if not to love the living more
Feb 13, 2020
You misread, in that case the refund is 3500 € not 1500, which is still a sum, only for paperwork. But for reference, just a maid can earn 4k /mo in this country, which is the poverty level for a couple.

Last edited:
Reactions: RUPA, Matthias_k, puppy9 and 1 other person
SummerDreamer

SummerDreamer

Jun 1, 2020
You misread, in that case the refund is 3500 € not 1500, which is still a sum only for paperwork. But for reference, just a maid can earn 4k /mo in this country.
Ah okay that makes a bit more sense! Sucks for those who don't live in Switzerland for whom 1500 euro is worth a lot more :(
I'm sorry. Is there someone at Pegasos you can talk to about your concerns? They may be able to clarify things for you. I've never dealt with them so I can't speculate about their policies.
I have emailed them about my specific situation, so will see what they say

D

deedee0225

Feb 29, 2020
I'm a bit older than you (turning 30 this year) but I'm also a young person applying to Pegasos due to chronic physical illness. I plan to submit my application this week. I also created a thread for this called Pegasos - you can check it out. In any case I will be keeping the forum updated on my application. if application fee is a concern to you, you can wait for my update that way you will have a better idea. For example in case I am rejected, unfortunately your chances I think will also be quite slim as you are younger than me and I have been suffering from my illness for longer than you (many years).

Reactions: Busdriver
SummerDreamer

SummerDreamer

Jun 1, 2020
I'm a bit older than you (turning 30 this year) but I'm also a young person applying to Pegasos due to chronic physical illness. I plan to submit my application this week. I also created a thread for this called Pegasos - you can check it out. In any case I will be keeping the forum updated on my application. if application fee is a concern to you, you can wait for my update that way you will have a better idea. For example in case I am rejected, unfortunately your chances I think will also be quite slim as you are younger than me and I have been suffering from my illness for longer than you (many years).
I'm so sorry to hear you're suffering from a chronic illness at such a young age :( I hope your application goes smoothly and you get the outcome you need! And thank you I will definitely follow the thread you've made, would definitely give me an indicator of whether they would accept me or not. Since you have been suffering from the illness for a few years though I've no reason to doubt them approving the application. It sucks to have such ailments at a young age :'( <3

TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
Yeah even 3500€ is a lot of money. I'm not sure what to say with respect to Pegasos, but I do believe that for non-terminal or life threatening conditions, getting approved would be more difficult. I do wish you the best in getting the information you are looking for though.

Reactions: Shadow Life
D

deedee0225

Feb 29, 2020
Hi Whitefeather - what is the source of the information?

whitefeather

whitefeather

Thank the gods for Death
Apr 23, 2020
Hi Whitefeather - what is the source of the information?
[/QUOTE
Think of all the Americans --now banned INDEFINITELY from the EU --even for medical appointments .

MyChoiceToLeave

MyChoiceToLeave

Psychiatry Destroyed My Life
Jul 4, 2020
That is ridiculous that they are going to keep 1500 euros if they reject an applicant. Also now reading the previous post, COVID-19 will not even allow me to travel to Switzerland from the USA. Why are they making this so complicated?