• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

SadJessu

SadJessu

Just tired.
Aug 17, 2020
Hello everyone.

So I just had a bit of a falling out with my boyfriend and I'm in the mood for some practice to release some stress. This isn't an active attempt, though if something were to go wrong I wouldn't be terribly upset, since I have my affairs in order and notes pre-written on my phone. I figured I'd report my experience to anyone curious about this particular method.

33005239 4B44 4BC5 986A AEF861456172
Set up is pretty straightforward. Using a cheap cotton rope from amazon attached to a beam above the door, when I step off of the ladder my feet will touch barely, though I plan on just sitting at the top and leaning forward.
06B7CC18 3D07 47F7 864F C4EF070354EB
Placing the rope to the center of my neck with the knot at the back. I'll update as I move along...

...Five seconds in and I could hear pounding in my ears and pressure, though nothing akin to your eyes popping out of your head. Ten seconds in and there was this tingly sensation across my body, reflexive gasping began, very light headed. I feel if I had stayed any longer I probably would have passed out and caught my ride. You can see in the photos the blood pooling in the upper part of my neck. The pain was about a four, it certainly hurt, but was not agonizing. For me things faded nicely.

...Resting now, still feel very light headed, drowsy. The rope burn is very tender to the touch.

730CA333 6805 412E BD6A E02DEB71F317
My advice regarding this method is to first find a comfortable rope and knot position, usually at the back of the head, and know the rope placement that offers compression rather than strangulation. It's a very quick process if you want to to be, but it is painful and difficult if you have a strong SI. Also remember that this is a more serious method for complications if you survive, so make sure you know your limits when practicing with knot and rope positions.

Anyway, hope this helps anyone. Feel free to ask anything you like.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: LM10, Ravel, nox_ghoul and 8 others
HelloHell

HelloHell

Arcanist
Dec 26, 2019
for partial hanging, shouldn't slip knot be better?

Reactions: LADY007 and Amber1974!!
HelloHell

HelloHell

Arcanist
Dec 26, 2019
I think for me the traditional noose is a bit more comfortable, and it compresses just as well.
thanks for answering. can i ask if you place the rope above or below adam's apple?

SadJessu

SadJessu

Just tired.
Aug 17, 2020
thanks for answering. can i ask if you place the rope above or below adam's apple?
My pleasure. Since no two bodies are the same it's a bit difficult to answer accurately, but I seem to get better results with placing the rope just above. It's important for it to be tight enough when you put pressure on it not to scoot up your neck to the underside of your jaw bone as well, since for me the experience is much more unpleasant with a significant throbbing in my head and an unbearable pressure. Sometimes it takes practice to find just the right spot, but you can do so without a rope by putting pressure on the carotid arteries with your hands. When you begin to feel faint you know you've found the right spot.

Reactions: Wrennie and NegativeSymptoms
HelloHell

HelloHell

Arcanist
Dec 26, 2019
My pleasure. Since no two bodies are the same it's a bit difficult to answer accurately, but I seem to get better results with placing the rope just above. It's important for it to be tight enough when you put pressure on it not to scoot up your neck to the underside of your jaw bone as well, since for me the experience is much more unpleasant with a significant throbbing in my head and an unbearable pressure. Sometimes it takes practice to find just the right spot, but you can do so without a rope by putting pressure on the carotid arteries with your hands. When you begin to feel faint you know you've found the right spot.
i always get the exploding head sensation when i try to put pressure on the carotid arteries. does this mean it's the right spot?

SadJessu

SadJessu

Just tired.
Aug 17, 2020
i always get the exploding head sensation when i try to put pressure on the carotid arteries. does this mean it's the right spot?
The ideal spot makes you pass out just before the exploding head feelings really take off. There will always be an uncomfortable sensation, but it shouldn't be so intense that it prevents you from proceeding. It's a very difficult place to find, it took me years, ha.

I'm headed to sleep for a bit, but if you still have questions you can dm me and I'll reply just as soon as I'm up. ❤️

Reactions: Wrennie and Iamamistake
Deleted member 17949

Deleted member 17949

Visionary
May 9, 2020
Firstly, loving the pink rope, very stylish. Secondly, based on the thickness and look of the rope it does seem like it'll hold weight, but be sure to test this thoroughly to be sure. The hangman's knot is not really appropriate for a partial hanging; the extra loops above the noose create friction and can prevent the rope from tightening well under lighter pressures. I would definitely advise a simple noose over this.

Aside from this just be patient when the time comes. Play around with noose positions and find the right spot. I hope everything goes well for you.

• Love
Reactions: ShornSoloists, patheticpartner, BrokenAngel8 and 5 others
HelloHell

HelloHell

Arcanist
Dec 26, 2019
The ideal spot makes you pass out just before the exploding head feelings really take off. There will always be an uncomfortable sensation, but it shouldn't be so intense that it prevents you from proceeding. It's a very difficult place to find, it took me years, ha.

I'm headed to sleep for a bit, but if you still have questions you can dm me and I'll reply just as soon as I'm up. ❤
thanks for your explanation, really appreciate it. i guess ill try to play around and find my sweet spot first

Reactions: SadJessu
L

LostSoul101

Student
Nov 7, 2020
I was thinking to combine partial hanging with sleeping pills and alcohol. OP, do you reckon that if you had used sleeping pills with alcohol, your body would have 'dropped' heavily and done the job?

R

rvsw

Student
Jul 17, 2020
Thank you for the photographs and for the detailed explanation. I am chronic pain and I am bedridden. I tried partial hanging multiple Times. My ears cannot hear any sound and there is blood in the face but there is no passing out. Do you have any suggestions? I have tried placing the hope Above and below the Adam Apple. I have also tried to compress the carotid artery with my hands just to check but I am not able to pass out

C

Crumbledank

May 14, 2020

I think exploding head happens because you've blocked the veins but not the arteries. So blood still going to head, but can't leave.

Reactions: HelloHell and SadJessu
SadJessu

SadJessu

Just tired.
Aug 17, 2020
Firstly, loving the pink rope, very stylish. Secondly, based on the thickness and look of the rope it does seem like it'll hold weight, but be sure to test this thoroughly to be sure. The hangman's knot is not really appropriate for a partial hanging; the extra loops above the noose create friction and can prevent the rope from tightening well under lighter pressures. I would definitely advise a simple noose over this.

Aside from this just be patient when the time comes. Play around with noose positions and find the right spot. I hope everything goes well for you.
Thank you for the advice. I've tried a few different positions and knots, and this seems to be the best for me so far, though I have a long way to go before deciding what's best, or if I even use this method ultimately. My rope is really more of a practice one presently, ha. I think if I ultimately CTB by partial I'll invest in an 'industrial' strength rope.
I was thinking to combine partial hanging with sleeping pills and alcohol. OP, do you reckon that if you had used sleeping pills with alcohol, your body would have 'dropped' heavily and done the job?
Most likely, it only took about ten seconds before I felt like I was going to completely pass out. If you combined alcohol and sedatives my advice would be to sit in a position elevated (as on a step ladder) where you'll slide off if you drift off.
How thick is the rope?
I believe 8mm.
Thank you for the photographs and for the detailed explanation. I am chronic pain and I am bedridden. I tried partial hanging multiple Times. My ears cannot hear any sound and there is blood in the face but there is no passing out. Do you have any suggestions? I have tried placing the hope Above and below the Adam Apple. I have also tried to compress the carotid artery with my hands just to check but I am not able to pass out
I'm very sorry to hear of your current situation! Perhaps you're not putting enough pressure? I use the weight of my body to constrict the rope, but I can see how this would be difficult if you weren't able to do so. In my experience it also takes a lot of practice to find an appropriate spot, it's taken me years.

Last edited:
Reactions: Wrennie
J

JustABunchOfAtoms

She/they
Jul 23, 2020

How do you know when you've hit the right stop?

SadJessu

SadJessu

Just tired.
Aug 17, 2020
How do you know when you've hit the right stop?
For me there is a very rapid feeling as if you're going to pass out, the pounding in the head is still there, but it's not as severe as when you have an improper placement.

Reactions: Hotsackage and Wrennie
J

JustABunchOfAtoms

She/they
Jul 23, 2020
And what do you do that's different from practicing Vs the real thing

SadJessu

SadJessu

Just tired.
Aug 17, 2020
And what do you do that's different from practicing Vs the real thing
I've practiced enough to know my limits, so whenever I feel like I'm going to pass out I sit or stand properly to release the pressure. Though there is always a possibility that you can mess up and end up dying, so you should be ready for that consequence.

J

JustABunchOfAtoms

She/they
Jul 23, 2020
So you can't practice if you have no anthor point?

J

JustABunchOfAtoms

She/they
Jul 23, 2020
Anchor
Sorry I'm not a good speller

SadJessu

SadJessu

Just tired.
Aug 17, 2020
Anchor
Sorry I'm not a good speller
No worries! I'm not the best either and it can be difficult to express yourself though text anyway. ☺️ If by anchor you mean something to attach the rope to so that it is secure, you definitely need something that will hold your weight. If you wish to gently practice then this isn't so much of an issue because you're probably not going to bear down with your full weight. An example would be attaching a rope to a doorknob and leaning forward.

HelloHell

HelloHell

Arcanist
Dec 26, 2019
Another question, i hope you dont mind
what knot did you use to secure the rope to the anchor point?

SadJessu

SadJessu

Just tired.
Aug 17, 2020
Another question, i hope you dont mind
what knot did you use to secure the rope to the anchor point?
I certainly don't mind! This time I used what's called a 'clove hitch knot', it seemed to hold my weight well, though I wouldn't say it's the best since I have yet to try all of them.

HelloHell

HelloHell

Arcanist
Dec 26, 2019
I certainly don't mind! This time I used what's called a 'clove hitch knot', it seemed to hold my weight well, though I wouldn't say it's the best since I have yet to try all of them.
Thanks, I'll check that out. have you ever tried 'anchor hitch knot'? wdyt about that?

HelloHell

HelloHell

Arcanist
Dec 26, 2019
Yes I have, and I've gotten fairly similar results as far as pressing my weight against it. Most sturdy knots should provide enough support.
Awesome, good to know. thanks again! I hope all goes well for you!

• Love
FatalSystemError591

FatalSystemError591

{He/They}
Oct 12, 2020
Is there a sweet spot of knowing if you've found the place you need the rope to sit?

L

LostSoul101

Student
Nov 7, 2020
Most likely, it only took about ten seconds before I felt like I was going to completely pass out. If you combined alcohol and sedatives my advice would be to sit in a position elevated (as on a step ladder) where you'll slide off if you drift off.
Thanks for that! Thank you for sharing your experience and taking photos.

• Love
SadJessu

SadJessu

Just tired.
Aug 17, 2020
Is there a sweet spot of knowing if you've found the place you need the rope to sit?
Yes, when you put pressure there should be a very quick feeling of lightheaded ness, as if you're going to pass out. There will be some discomfort, but it should be quick enough to not feel it as strongly as a more improperly placed rope.