SlackJim

SlackJim

Nothing lasts, but nothing is lost
Sep 30, 2019
Is that I see a lot people say 'hung' as a past tense of hang. The past tense of hang is 'hanged' when talking about suicide (or murder). Needed to get that off my chest. I know it's silly.

• Love
Reactions: azucaramargo, Circles, Final Escape and 1 other person
D

Deleted member 1465

_
Jul 31, 2018
I'm not sure, but I'm inclined to believe 'hung' means something entirely different :O

• Wow
Reactions: azucaramargo, Circles, Soul and 3 others
Are you lost too?

Are you lost too?

Operator, well let's forget about this call
Oct 18, 2019
I'm not sure, but I'm inclined to believe 'hung' means something entirely different :O
I'm not a native English speaker .. had to google it. Lol

thanks for the enlightenment:pfff:

• Love
Reactions: azucaramargo, Circles and Soul
D

Deleted member 1465

_
Jul 31, 2018
  • Love
Reactions: azucaramargo, Circles, Are you lost too? and 1 other person
Throwawaysoul

Throwawaysoul

Wizard
May 14, 2018
Honestly, grammar police have always bothered me. Reddit is the worst when it comes to this. People think they are vastly superior because they were able to learn something someone else didn't or couldn't. People want to die, I really don't think they give a fuck about how their words come out.

At least OP pointed out the mistake and shared some knowledge.

Last edited:
Reactions: azucaramargo, Circles and SlackJim
SlackJim

SlackJim

Sep 30, 2019
Honestly, grammar police have always bothered me. Reddit is the worst when it comes to this. People think they are vastly superior because they were able to learn something someone else didn't or couldn't. People want to die, I really don't think they give a fuck about how their words come out.

At least OP pointed out the mistake and shared some knowledge.
Hehe I know, with this particular word it is never a good time to point it out! believe me I've held it in many times. I would never be a grammar police, that is why I made a separate thread.

Reactions: azucaramargo, Circles and Throwawaysoul
Lethe

Lethe

Fey
Sep 19, 2019
I don't know about all that, but it seems to be a trend to post videos of hung people on SS lately! It's as if they get some sort of a kick from it or something.

• Aww..
Reactions: Circles and Are you lost too?
Throwawaysoul

Throwawaysoul

Wizard
May 14, 2018
Hehe I know, with this particular word it is never a good time to point it out! believe me I've held it in many times. I would never be a grammar police, that is why I made a separate thread.

What I don't understand is how the past tense of rang is rung and sang is sung but hang is hanged. It seems like a thing purposely in place to make things needlessly difficult.

Reactions: Circles and Are you lost too?
SlackJim

SlackJim

Sep 30, 2019
What I don't understand is how the past tense of rang is rung and sang is sung but hang is hanged. It seems like a thing purposely in place to make things needlessly difficult.
yeah for sure it does just make things difficult, 'hung' is a word, just not when referring to people, unless the person has a big penis...

Reactions: Circles and Throwawaysoul
F

Final Escape

I’ve been here too long
Jul 8, 2018
Is that I see a lot people say 'hung' as a past tense of hang. The past tense of hang is 'hanged' when talking about suicide (or murder). Needed to get that off my chest. I know it's silly.
Lol!

Reactions: Circles