• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

D

degournay

May 19, 2022
Does anyone have mid-life crisis present ideas to share? I thought it was getting a sports car like a Porsche or Ferrari, but a lot of ppl in my circle seem to prefer Rolexes and other high end Swiss watches. It seems to make sense as Rolexes hold their value while cars inevitably lose value. Maybe it's the economy and inflation, but I have not thought of any such presents for myself despite having the means to choose among the typical items. My interests are surprisingly limited to chocolate and ctb these days.
How about something non-material like a trip or a great meal? Just an idea to consider.

Reactions: Endex
C

clockface

Jan 28, 2022
I know what you mean, I feel soooo tired too apathetic but hello great to meet you
I'm 70, physically in great shape, no serious medical conditions, but I'm just worn out. I've done my time, I've paid my dues. Isn't my time to just lay down?
I'm 70, in good physical shape with no major medical issues, but I'm just tired, worn out and have nothing left to offer. I've done my time, paid my dues and I should have the option to painlessly and easily CTB. I've noticed that chloroform is relatively easy to produce. SN sounds like it would be unpleasant with the vomiting, rapid heart rate, headache etc. Is using chloroform before SN possible.

Last edited:
Reactions: Endex and #imdone
B

BBBB

Jan 13, 2023
Feel free to PM me if you'd like to chat. I don't have the emotional energy to type a lot so I understand if you don't either. Even just a "Hi" is fine.

NeverEnding

NeverEnding

Mar 11, 2023
57 in a few months, in England. Life is constantly throwing curveballs at me and I'm now just too tired to deal. I'm too much of a coward to get to CTB atm so pondering my options and just hoping to go in my sleep soon (already on BP meds etc). Happy to chat with anyone.

Last edited:
nonialabaster

nonialabaster

Experienced
Jan 4, 2023
57 in a few months, in England. Life is constantly throwing curveballs at me and I'm now just too tired to deal. I'm too much of a coward to get to CTB atm so pondering my options and just hoping to go in my sleep soon (already on BP meds etc). Happy to chat with anyone.
I'm 53, live in Texas and lost my husband last April. He was only 50 and we were married 25 years. I've been aimless ever since. Open to chat with people around my age. Welcome to the site. People are generally kind here.

Black Sheep One

Black Sheep One

Mar 4, 2023
I am 55 in the USA. Just checking out the bus station ticket office. It seems like the goverment is making tickets hard to get. I just want a couple in case I need go go that route.

nonialabaster

nonialabaster

Experienced
Jan 4, 2023
I am 55 in the USA. Just checking out the bus station ticket office. It seems like the goverment is making tickets hard to get. I just want a couple in case I need go go that route.
I'm kicking myself for not getting a firearm when I still had the money to. Living in Texas, they're easy to procure. My 81-year-old dad has a whole armory of them, used for deer-hunting and protection. A few months ago, before I became as despondent as I am now, he was going to give me one of his shotguns, since I live alone now. That racking sound is terrifying and will scare most people away.
I haven't shot a gun since I was a child, though, and Dad became suspicious of my intentions. Now I can't afford one and have decided on SN, which I'll order tomorrow. I have to sell Mark's guitars and musical equipment first, but I don't play any instruments and might as well get what I can for them. I so wish N was still available, but I can't even get phenobarbital from my doctor, and I have epilepsy! My doctors won't prescribe any benzos, either, and I have no history of any kind of substance abuse. They're too afraid of losing their licenses.
I feel your loss thru mine also, which is why I'm here
I'm so sorry for you. It's the worst.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Endex and BBBB
nonialabaster

nonialabaster

Experienced
Jan 4, 2023
many. long island here.

really sort of sickening even the state of fucking dying in this country
Interesting story: I was adopted at three days old. My birth-mother found me through a search service when I was 20, and from there, I met her, and later my birth-father. He was a physician, doing Emergency Medicine, at that time. He later became a Pain-Management doc, practicing in my city. We saw each other frequently and he'd prescribe me Valium, which greatly helped my anxiety and allowed me to work in my very stressful job (I was a copy editor for an alt-weekly).

Fast forward about 10 years: He had to give up the pain-management practice because he'd been called before the Texas Medical Board too many times for inadequate charting and over-prescribing. He switched to Internal Medicine, but still did pain-management. He was known for spending a lot of time with his patients and was not shy about prescribing meds. This came back to haunt him about three years ago.

A family member of one of his patients, pissed that Greg was prescribing her OxyContin, tipped off the DEA, who raided his home and office and found a boatload of drugs. Greg was an addict, himself, by this time. He was facing heavy, heavy time. He was stripped of his license, the Feds seized about 3 million bucks from him, and he was still facing around 20 years. He hanged himself in his backyard shed in October 2020. I didn't hear about it for a year.

I know he did wrong. But I also know that he was good to his patients and helped so many of them with chronic pain and anxiety. Fear of legal ramifications has caused most doctors, especially in my area, to just not prescribe anything that could benefit their patients. Shit, my husband died of cancer last April, and the last time he was in the hospital, two days before he died, they wouldn't even give him anything but hydrocodone for the pain. They didn't want him to get addicted! He had terminal cancer, assholes! It wasn't until the hospice nurse came to our house after he was discharged that he got liquid Morphine and Methadone. And I was basically told, "Give him as much Morphine as he wants. If you run out, we will have some delivered to you right away."

• Aww..
Reactions: Per Ardua Ad Astra
N

nopointinlife

Student
Mar 11, 2022
I'm 61, U.K., disengaged and tired of life. Pretty much feel like I'm doing time. Been knocking around this forum (mostly lurking) since the subreddit daysā€¦I do enjoy a good chat tho, drop me a line anytime.
I'll be your age in a decade. How were your 50's?