Nexey

Nexey

Student
Feb 18, 2021
I want to get rid of them to the point that, ironically, I'm tempted to self-harm MORE to try and cover and "fix" them.

A lot of the treatments touted online are either ineffective (Bio-Oil) or questionable (silicone sheets). My scars are wide, white, and relatively even with my skin. However, they are still VERY noticeable and are clustered together in a large number. It causes me an excessive amount of distress that a collection of mistakes I made as a teenager has left my body disfigured.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Wrennie
Wrennie

Wrennie

-
Dec 18, 2019
I'm struggling with the scars from a recent self-harm attempt on my part as well (jumping off of a building). It certainly doesn't help at all with my pre-existing body dysmorphia.

If your scars are white then have you potentially looked into scar camoflauge via medical tattooing?
(It's certainly not cheap though and it also depends on whether there are any providers within range of your location.)

Last edited:
Reactions: Nexey
Mentalmick

Mentalmick

IMHOTEP!!!
Nov 30, 2020
You would need some polyfilla to get rid of some of my scars. Scars are real ugly.

• Hugs
Reactions: Nexey
Nexey

Nexey

Student
Feb 18, 2021
You would need some polyfilla to get rid of some of my scars. Scars are real ugly.
The worst part is just being reminded of certain things all the time... when all you want to do is move on.

• Hugs
Reactions: Wrennie