• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

A

Anonymous

Jul 7, 2018
This method WILL leave you with horrible damage if you fail, so *research* and *research*. It's your best friend in this procedure. However, it is pretty peaceful (all things considered), but feel free to add anything you think might be useful.

This method is more certain than shotgun, leaping from a building, hanging, etc. However, if you have access to these, they may be preferable if you aren't a fan of the cold.

What you'll need:

- A cold place (preferably below 10 degrees Celsius -- the colder you are, the quicker you'll go numb and the quicker you'll die.) large enough to fit your body. This cold place can be a cold body of water (can kill you in 20 mins, you'll go unconscious in seconds), but I'd recommend sitting on the edge of the water until after your shit kicks in (especially the benzos if you have any, they'll make it harder to get out of the river) It is necessary that this place is secluded and you can't get out. (Wilderness in winter, cold freezer where nobody will find you, etc. The most dangerous part of the method would either be coming back/being found AFTER ingesting the NyQuil.)

- NyQuil. Lots of it. LOTS of it. Like as much as you can fit in your stomach. I personally used 2 packs (48 doses) because I'm a cheap lil' bitch.

- Some alcohol/benzodiazepines/other sleeping aids (research their effects/warnings and their interactions with NyQuil first, as is the theme with any successful suicide)

What you'll need to do:

Go to your cold place. Make it so you won't get out by tying your hands to something after popping your meds, getting lost far from any civilization in wintery woods, tying cinder blocks to your feet, etc. Wait for the meds to kick in. You will go into an unconscious bliss. Accept it and it'll stay, stress about the effects and you might feel uneasy. The alcohol will help with accepting it.

The NyQuil will not kill you, nor will any other drug ingested (although alcohol will lower your body temperature and make the method more effective). The hypothermia will kill you within 3 hours if you are naked, and you will go numb shortly. NyQuil contains DXM, a hallucinogen, so you might not know what's going on and find your way back to your house like I did if you fucking suck at planning or deviate from the plan like I did. If you find your way back, call 911 if you can. It'll prevent permanent brain damage. Only consider this method if, in your situation, it WILL end your life. You do not want permanent frostbite/NyQuil injuries.

Again, the most important part of this project: RESEARCH AND PLANNING! It's important with all suicides to plan, but especially with this method. PLAN and REASEARCH. RESEARCH and PLAN. For days. Seriously. You WILL end up with horrible injuries if you fail, however these injuries only occur when you get back into warmth, so if you aren't found and don't decide to live, you won't be in any pain (mild discomfort at first from cold but once the NyQuil kicks in, you won't feel a thing).

And remember: your body has a certain amount of energy. It uses that energy to keep warm. When you run out of energy to keep you warm, you die of your 60% water body mass turning into 60% ice body mass. Your body can't function using ice. It needs liquid water. What I'm saying is this: Your body kinda acts like a moving, active battery that needs to be recharged with energy frequently. You can throw it off a cliff, you can shoot it, you can hit it with a train, but in the end, if your battery is drained, it's a guaranteed death. Keep this ideology in mind when planning this method.

Please tell me if I've missed anything.

Reactions: NoDream
chronicpainnomore

chronicpainnomore

Not Circling the Drain Anymore
May 31, 2018
In the end, it's lack of oxygen to the brain that kills you. There are easier ways to get there faster. I think going out unpleasantly cold like that would suck balls. Also, there are too many injuries you're risking at once from a failure: frostbite, organ damage from overdose, neurological damage from either cold or oxygen deprivation. And the risk of failure is high.

AveryConure

AveryConure

Some idiot
May 11, 2018
I tried giving myself hypothermia but it didn't work cause I suddenly had second thoughts and I just wasn't drunk enough.

To be fair I don't think I was even halfway successful as I only violently shivered for like an hour but after that I was fine.

Our winters here are usually terrible but yeah I think this method is way too slow and risky. You're better off just hanging or just using SN.

Reactions: PsychoPyro
Severen

Severen

Enlightened
Jun 30, 2018
You'd have to wait until the winter and do it in some forest in a part of the world like Alaska otherwise this plan could easily backfire on you.

T

tourmaline

Jul 5, 2018
I don't know man. The risk of discovery before completion seems way too high.

C

comfortablydumb

Student
Jun 19, 2018
This method is more certain than shotgun, leaping from a building, hanging, etc. However, if you have access to these, they may be preferable if you aren't a fan of the cold.

Simply false. Shotgun, leaping from a building, and hanging are all 100% certain if done correctly.

When using a shotgun fails, it is due to bad aim caused by intoxication, hesitation, nervousness, etc. Needing to be drunk or drugged up in order to attempt suicide by shotgun is completely understandable, precisely because it is such certain death. According to the statistics, suicide attempts by firearm have an overwhelming "success rate" - you hear about the failed attempts because they are so exceptional, not because they are frequent.

Leaping from a building, cliff, etc. is 100% certain death so long as the height and and landing surface are right. When people survive jumping suicide attempts, it is because they have chosen a low height and/or a soft surface. Again, it's the certainty of death when jumping from a "proper" spot that makes it difficult for many people to go through with an attempt.

Hanging is available to absolutely every person in the world who is able-bodied and not locked up in a padded cell. When hanging fails, it's because the person is discovered before suffering irreversible damage, or because the suspension system fails. As with the two other methods, hanging is 100% certain if done right, and that's what makes it difficult to go through with.

The intended appeal of your method is to let death "sneak up" on you. You aren't faced with a single, definite moment of "This is it." However, your method is much less practical and certain than jumping or hanging done right. Access to firearms varies, so shotgun might be very implausible for many people. In any case, the crux of the matter is that having to face a definite moment of "This is it." is extremely difficult, and "sabotaging" oneself by e.g. hanging from a flimsy fixture is a way to make the act less definite.

Though most people, even actively suicidal people, would agree that jumping in front of a train is unacceptable because of the trauma inflicted on the driver of the train, it remains quite a common method. That's because it requires no preparation, and unlike jumping from a building, it comes with a rapid external deadline. Once the train passes, you've missed your shot for now. With buildings, cliffs, etc. you might be discovered and recognized as a potential jumper, but you might also sit there alone for hours without interruption.

N

NotWhatIExpected

Jan 27, 2020
Simply false. Shotgun, leaping from a building, and hanging are all 100% certain if done correctly.

When using a shotgun fails, it is due to bad aim caused by intoxication, hesitation, nervousness, etc. Needing to be drunk or drugged up in order to attempt suicide by shotgun is completely understandable, precisely because it is such certain death. According to the statistics, suicide attempts by firearm have an overwhelming "success rate" - you hear about the failed attempts because they are so exceptional, not because they are frequent.

Leaping from a building, cliff, etc. is 100% certain death so long as the height and and landing surface are right. When people survive jumping suicide attempts, it is because they have chosen a low height and/or a soft surface. Again, it's the certainty of death when jumping from a "proper" spot that makes it difficult for many people to go through with an attempt.

Hanging is available to absolutely every person in the world who is able-bodied and not locked up in a padded cell. When hanging fails, it's because the person is discovered before suffering irreversible damage, or because the suspension system fails. As with the two other methods, hanging is 100% certain if done right, and that's what makes it difficult to go through with.

The intended appeal of your method is to let death "sneak up" on you. You aren't faced with a single, definite moment of "This is it." However, your method is much less practical and certain than jumping or hanging done right. Access to firearms varies, so shotgun might be very implausible for many people. In any case, the crux of the matter is that having to face a definite moment of "This is it." is extremely difficult, and "sabotaging" oneself by e.g. hanging from a flimsy fixture is a way to make the act less definite.

Though most people, even actively suicidal people, would agree that jumping in front of a train is unacceptable because of the trauma inflicted on the driver of the train, it remains quite a common method. That's because it requires no preparation, and unlike jumping from a building, it comes with a rapid external deadline. Once the train passes, you've missed your shot for now. With buildings, cliffs, etc. you might be discovered and recognized as a potential jumper, but you might also sit there alone for hours without interruption.
Hanging was also in my experience way more painful than I thought it would be, which discouraged me