• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

davidtorez

davidtorez

Experienced
Mar 8, 2024
if we follow the existentialist view, "existence precedes essence" it implies that 'nothingness' cannot have a predefined essence because it does not exist in the first place. Therefore, semantically, we can discuss the concept of nothingness, but it's more of a philosophical construct than an entity with existence thus indicating the existence of 'nothing' would be contradictory and misapplication of language. The essence of something, or the meaning we ascribe to it, comes after it comes into existence.

The purpose is to debunk the notion that life is inherently meaningless, in fact meaning is not something found or given but rather something created by each person. Life isn't objectively meaningless, its meaning is subjectively constructed by individuals through their engagements with the world.
When people say life is objectively meaningless, I think what they mean to say is that there is no cosmic purpose to life , but merely subjective purpose in which we give it here and now. So in this context, there is no cosmic (objective ) purpose to our life .

Reactions: sserafim and 4am