sserafim

sserafim

brighter than the sun, that’s just me
Sep 13, 2023
Nothing after 2018 feels real. It feels like my life right now is a nightmare and not even real. It feels like a bad dream. It honestly still feels like 2018 imo, but it's already 2023. I think 2018 was the last "normal" or "real" year.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Rocinante, leavingthesoultrap, Neverfeltdeader and 16 others
Spiritual survivor

Spiritual survivor

A born again but occasionally suicidal
Feb 13, 2022
interesting u say that, for me I thought 2019 was the last year that was the former world as we knew it never to return again.

Reactions: leavingthesoultrap, gonnaregretthis, Per Ardua Ad Astra and 3 others
B

bluebus

meet me at the back of the blue bus
Aug 5, 2023
So true. Everything after 2018 feels like a kind of fever dream.

Reactions: kitty_kat, gonnaregretthis, Per Ardua Ad Astra and 5 others
sserafim

sserafim

Sep 13, 2023
interesting u say that, for me I thought 2019 was the last year that was the former world as we knew it never to return again.
Yeah, I actually think 2019 was the last "normal" year, but 2018 was the last one that felt completely and fully real to me. 2019 already started to feel like a fever dream to me
So true. Everything after 2018 feels like a kind of fever dream.
I can't believe that it was 5 years ago, that's honestly insane. It feels like yesterday, or like I'm still in 2018.

• Aww..
Reactions: Rocinante, gonnaregretthis, Per Ardua Ad Astra and 4 others
Spiritual survivor

Spiritual survivor

A born again but occasionally suicidal
Feb 13, 2022
Yeah, I actually think 2019 was the last "normal" year, but 2018 was the last one that felt completely and fully real to me. 2019 already started to feel like a fever dream to me

I can't believe that it was 5 years ago, that's honestly insane. It feels like yesterday, or like I'm still in 2018.
When I think of 2018 I tear up 😥 I just think back to myself then and where my mind was at, how much I've changed since then. I was so messed up and vulnerable to abusive people more so.

Reactions: gonnaregretthis, Per Ardua Ad Astra, Homo erectus and 1 other person
N

nostalgia addict

Jul 23, 2023
covid fucked everything up

Reactions: noname478, leavingthesoultrap, NoThoughtTooMany and 6 others
Zegers

Zegers

Enlightened
Dec 15, 2021
For me it's the same, recluse with the pandemic just like i was before and now, at least it could have been a zombie pandemic, it would have been more fun.

Reactions: ijustwishtodie, NoThoughtTooMany, gonnaregretthis and 3 others
avaruus

avaruus

loser · gone very soon
Aug 17, 2022
For me, it's kind of opposite. After 2018, it felt like waking up from a sleep, reality sucker punched me in the face real hard.
You know when people always talk about "suddenly gaining conciousness at 5 years old" or something, it felt like i had a second awakening.

• Love
Reactions: gonnaregretthis, Per Ardua Ad Astra, cscott and 2 others
sserafim

sserafim

Sep 13, 2023
For me, it's kind of opposite. After 2018, it felt like waking up from a sleep, reality sucker punched me in the face real hard.
You know when people always talk about "suddenly gaining conciousness at 5 years old" or something, it felt like i had a second awakening.
Hmm interesting. Wdym by that? Did anything significant happen in 2018 to make you feel that way?

Reactions: Rocinante, gonnaregretthis, Per Ardua Ad Astra and 1 other person
dumbgirlonline

dumbgirlonline

Nighty Night Princess
Sep 30, 2023
Nothing after 2018 feels real. It feels like my life right now is a nightmare and not even real. It feels like a bad dream. It honestly still feels like 2018 imo, but it's already 2023. I think 2018 was the last "normal" or "real" year.
Things really haven't been the same since Kanye dropped "lift yourself" huh 😔

…but I get where you're coming from. Sometimes I wish I'd go back and relive 2018 forever.

Reactions: Per Ardua Ad Astra, an_alias, Homo erectus and 1 other person
LigottiSchopenhauer

LigottiSchopenhauer

Student
Jan 7, 2023
covid fucked everything up
Yeah, I don't think I've felt "normal" since March 2020. The world ended that month, and we're all living in the post-apocalypse. 2018 was the last good year of my life, but 2019 at least felt somewhat decent and explicable. The 2020s are just a horrifying nightmare decade.

Reactions: noname478, gonnaregretthis, Per Ardua Ad Astra and 2 others
sserafim

sserafim

Sep 13, 2023
Yeah, I don't think I've felt "normal" since March 2020. The world ended that month, and we're all living in the post-apocalypse. 2018 was the last good year of my life, but 2019 at least felt somewhat decent and explicable. The 2020s are just a horrifying nightmare decade.
Yeah, we're literally in a post-apocalyptic world that thinks it's normal again. I can't believe it's been 3 years since the pandemic started. That's honestly insane. I think the pandemic also warped and distorted my sense of time. I was 19 when it started and I feel 19 mentally at most (actually more like 17 or 18 lol). Maybe I was meant to die in 2018 or something, I never even wanted to reach adulthood. I hate the 2020s, they're a terrible decade. I'm planning on checking out before 2025 so I'll never have to reach 25. 25 is my self-deemed maximum exit point.

Reactions: Rocinante, gonnaregretthis, Per Ardua Ad Astra and 2 others
LigottiSchopenhauer

LigottiSchopenhauer

Student
Jan 7, 2023
Yeah, we're literally in a post-apocalyptic world that thinks it's normal again. I can't believe it's been 3 years since the pandemic started. That's honestly insane. I think the pandemic also warped and distorted my sense of time. I was 19 when it started and I feel 19 mentally at most (actually more like 17 or 18 lol). Maybe I was meant to die in 2018 or something, I never even wanted to reach adulthood. I hate the 2020s, they're a terrible decade. I'm planning on checking out before 2025 so I'll never have to reach 25. 25 is my self-deemed maximum exit point.
I also feel stuck at the age that Covid started. I'm 26 now, and I've decided to drink myself to death. Once I'm at the point where liver disease makes it so I can't enjoy drinking anymore, then I'll shoot myself with the .44 magnum I own. I don't even want to think about what this world will look like in 2025, much less 2030 or later.

• Aww..
Reactions: gonnaregretthis, ctb7767, Per Ardua Ad Astra and 2 others
sserafim

sserafim

Sep 13, 2023
For me it's the same, recluse with the pandemic just like i was before and now, at least it could have been a zombie pandemic, it would have been more fun.
Literally!

Honestly sometimes I fantasize about living in a post-apocalyptic world and having society completely rebuilt and restructured, but the world went back to normal. Nothing changed. We're back to our same old ways. We're still forced to live in this late-stage capitalist society and under capitalism. I wish there could've been a paradigm shift or something

Reactions: Rocinante, gonnaregretthis, Per Ardua Ad Astra and 2 others
N

nostalgia addict

Jul 23, 2023
during covid it felt like purgatory, now it feels like hell

Reactions: LigottiSchopenhauer, gonnaregretthis, ThisUnrest and 3 others
sserafim

sserafim

Sep 13, 2023
during covid it felt like purgatory, now it feels like hell
I honestly prefer covid times to the hell of now. I wish we could've been in lockdown and quarantine forever. My life right now is hellish. Adulthood is a living hell

Reactions: Rocinante, gonnaregretthis, puto.amo and 2 others
passivethought121

passivethought121

Student
Jun 11, 2023
This is how I feel. Before, it felt like a happy dream, where I just existed to exist. I didn't feel like I was in, or doing anything. I didn't think. And as a result, I was happier. I feel such a disconnect from my pre-2018 self and my current self that I could consider it a different person. And then, I started thinking. Critically, logically, etc. Feel like I gained sensation in 2010 and thoughts in 2018.

Reactions: cosmic-joke, gonnaregretthis, sserafim and 2 others
Captive_Mind515

Captive_Mind515

King or street sweeper, dance with grim reaper!
Jul 18, 2023
On a more positive note, at least we've fcuked the environment and economy up so bad that we'll probably kill off our horrible species very soon... there's always a silver lining in these things if you search hard enough for it. :haha:

Reactions: gonnaregretthis, sserafim, Per Ardua Ad Astra and 2 others
cscott

cscott

Awaiting for life’s end ☠️
Jun 22, 2023
I say the exact same it was like a harsh second awakening and this time the veil was ripped fully from eyes and I started walking through the valley of the shadow of death

Reactions: gonnaregretthis, sserafim, Per Ardua Ad Astra and 1 other person
C

cosnidering_ctb

Oct 4, 2023
For me things after 2016 are weird.

• Love
Reactions: Per Ardua Ad Astra, gonnaregretthis, Immensevoid and 1 other person
avaruus

avaruus

loser · gone very soon
Aug 17, 2022
Hmm interesting. Wdym by that? Did anything significant happen in 2018 to make you feel that way?
Not really, i guess i just grew up and got a bunch of expectations and responsibilities thrown at me. Also i became more isolated from my childhood friends at that point.

Reactions: gonnaregretthis and sserafim
Zegers

Zegers

Enlightened
Dec 15, 2021
in the meantime we are deteriorating year after year while the only one who knows the cure is Jared Leto lol

Reactions: sserafim
gonnaregretthis

gonnaregretthis

Oct 2, 2023
omg... in 2018 i had a very poor attempt at ctb and since leaving the hospital i feel like every thing since then has been like a hellish afterlife..... nothing feels the same none of my relationships at the time felt real........ so every time someone says something like this it feels super reassuring even tho i know it might be covid related
i relate to this so much. i was in my early 20s in 2018 and suddenly im gonna be 30 next year and my life is completely a mess. gonna have to figure out how to ctb by my 30th birthday if things don't improve and i know they wont

Last edited:
cosmic-joke

cosmic-joke

Pharmacology master
Oct 6, 2023
Omg so weird 2018 is when I had my breakdown and I know I switched timelines I thought it was just me but loads of ppl have said that everything feels like a satirical simulation since 2018 I think the hadron collider created a partical with infinite mass combined with the black hole made us switch timelines, something isn't right it's like I went from heaven to hell In 2018

sserafim

sserafim

Sep 13, 2023
Omg so weird 2018 is when I had my breakdown and I know I switched timelines I thought it was just me but loads of ppl have said that everything feels like a satirical simulation since 2018 I think the hadron collider created a partical with infinite mass combined with the black hole made us switch timelines, something isn't right it's like I went from heaven to hell In 2018
We shifted timelines like dimensional jumping right? The world has just felt off since 2018

Reactions: Rocinante
cosmic-joke

cosmic-joke

Pharmacology master
Oct 6, 2023
We shifted timelines like dimensional jumping right? The world has just felt off since 2018
So I had a vivid vision like nothing I've ever experienced, I saw a family tree type of graph showing me one orginal reality that splits to 2 then 4 then 8 etc, I did so much hedonistic occult stuff in 2018 I sold my soul to the devil from for fucking xanax and pussy, I had a "hallucination" showing me the infinite timelines, and after it had a fallout 3 style stats menu with strength perception etc all the stats went to 0 then a new category popped up and all the points went to satire, after that I shattered my whole face in a car accident lost all my friends and fam and the world went satiricaly crazy covid, trump, aliens etc etc sending you love bro

Dying2077

Dying2077

Student
Oct 6, 2023
God: did you remember 2018/2019/2020/2021 ?
Me: 2018/19/20/21 i was drunk!

sserafim

sserafim

Sep 13, 2023
I've also heard about this theory of the hadron collider and CERN…

Reactions: Rocinante
S

Suspect_Device

Student
Jul 10, 2022
2018 was a bullshit year I barely remember it.