• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

maidens

maidens

" living like this forever is just fine! "
Aug 27, 2023
I don't care about anybtypos I'll make right now sorry I'm crying

I quit drawing. even if it was hard, it was the only thing I had left, my only hobby, the only thing I could """contribute""" the only thing I thought I could do decently

my friend told me my art is terrible in a more gentle way, admittedto lying aboutloking it I was right that nobodu truly likes my art and only said they did out of p,ity

I'm throwing away my years of hard work but either way my efforts wouldn't have meant anything since its like this. please don't ask to see my art I'm too ashamed to even look at it now

I have to say goodbye to all my characters, the several projects I was working on, the ability to make things for my online friends, making content of things I like, but it's foe tehbetyer

I slready realized there's nothing left to do in my life, I'm just going to keep rotting until I ctb but at least I could draw but now I can't even have that I quit I see no point in continuing to draw if what I make isn't good afterbtruing for so long
I thought I was finally decent at drawing I thought I had improved so muchwhy

S

SVEN

Enlightened
Apr 3, 2023
Surely art of any type doesn't rely for intrinsic value on the appreciation of the individual who witnesses it. If it did then folk who exhibit unmade beds or pickled sheep would have given up decades ago when they read and heard some of the comments from I'd guess the vast majority of the public. And just don't even ask me what almost everyone I know thinks of Picasso !
Get your materials out again tomorrow, maidens, and let your feelings flow and express yourself. It'll be a different day.

ClaudeCTTE

ClaudeCTTE

Misunderstood...
Aug 22, 2023
The person who told you that is not a friend. A friend should never tell you that your art is terrible. A true friend helps correct your mistakes and motivates you to be better every day.

Art is something that is never fully learned throughout life. I really like art, but my ADHD makes it extremely difficult to learn anything, and my family always tells me I'll end up starving.

But anyway, don't let people like that bring you down, they're not even art experts to understand what you express in your drawings...

soulkitty

soulkitty

Just a shell of who I once was.
Apr 6, 2024
Man this really hit home. Drawing was the only thing I had left too but I quit it recently, deleted my art account that I took years to grow and had a pretty decent following, and deleted all of my art. Giving you so many hugs 🫂🫂🫂🫂🫂 I would wipe all of your tears if I could. Although I know your friends opinion is probably important to you, that is just one persons perspective. Art has always been my #1 favorite thing in life, and I genuinely love to see people's personalities shine through their style. I'm sure your art is amazing, it's part of you and is uniquely yours. If you feel like you've improved a lot you probably have :) I hope you end up continuing art, but it's your choice of course ❤️ I'm sure your characters and projects are hella cool and it would be a shame to know you quit them. I completely understand though, as I've gone through the same thing 💗🫂

• Love
Reactions: maidens
Amnesiac_88

Amnesiac_88

Mar 14, 2024
Same here, drawing is one of the only reasons i feel less miserable but i always feel like my art is not good enough, i've thrown away so many drawings because of this, i know you feel disappointed but if it's something that makes you feel good you should keep doing it, even if your friend doesn't like your art i'm pretty sure theres a lot of people who love your style, just think that everytime you draw you're practicing and getting better.

narayana0121

narayana0121

Apr 12, 2023
Art is subjective isn't it? What your friend said shouldn't matter at all. If you like to draw, then do it for yourself. Don't let other people control your life!
Of course, I don't know everything that is going on in your life, what other things you have experienced that have led you to feel like you belong here, but I hope you at least don't throw away the things that are dear to you and make life worse than it already is. Sending lots of love ♥️

yearsoflonliness

yearsoflonliness

Apr 4, 2024
Even if your friend doesn't like your art why does that matter? Rejection sucks, I know. You can still draw if it's something you enjoy. Nobody started off drawing perfectly. It's a skill that takes many years of good practice to develop. Even if you're garbage just keep doing it, just make sure you focus on improving your technique and try drawing in different ways to learn.

Just don't share your art with that 'friend' anymore. Although if they lied to me about something like that I wouldn't be friends with them anymore.