• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

ladidabi

ladidabi

Losing all hope is freedom.
Mar 19, 2023
It's absolutely hilarious how I can't seem to be taken seriously. I feel like I'm just delusional at this point. Got back from the doctor due to physcial symptoms of anxiety that has been really getting in the way of my studies, and he brushed it off as "take it easy, you'll be fine", despite the fact I've come back many times for years, writing notes to have him read through as I struggle with talking at times. Always the same damn response. 5 minute talk about "sleep, eat and be with your friends". I can't sleep in silence because of the screams I keep hearing in my head, panic attacks and harm. I have nobody to socialize with. I am a wreck.

I come back 3 months later with a dangerous amount of weight lost because I hate myself and deserve suffering, and worsening symptoms in my chest area and throwing up at the most random times. My urge to try again after last attempt is getting worse because of this. Now it's not planned yet, but before I paid he asked if I'm killing myself before the next appointment which is next week. That's the most retarded question I've heard in a while. If I'm planning a time and date to do it, why the fuck would I tell anyone? I'm trying my absolute best to get help, and even trying to say the most vile shit I've done and thought about, gets me nothing but 20 dollars less in my bank account and waiting for something to happen. It feels so hopeless.

dendronize

dendronize

Mar 17, 2023
Can you change your doctor, get a therapist, or find someone for medication management? Either way it sounds like you need to fire your doctor. Some docs just don't get it and can make things worse; it's happened to me.

ladidabi

ladidabi

Mar 19, 2023
Can you change your doctor, get a therapist, or find someone for medication management? Either way it sounds like you need to fire your doctor. Some docs just don't get it and can make things worse; it's happened to me.
Highly considering it. He contacted some office for a therapist after I requested so, but that request was sent 5-6 months ago and they never responded. For a second I felt like he blamed me for not getting a response from them. Not sure if I want to cancel next weeks appointment and change doctor or give him the last chance to do something besides making me feel like shit before leaving.

dendronize

dendronize

Mar 17, 2023
Highly considering it. He contacted some office for a therapist after I requested so, but that request was sent 5-6 months ago and they never responded. For a second I felt like he blamed me for not getting a response from them. Not sure if I want to cancel next weeks appointment and change doctor or give him the last chance to do something besides making me feel like shit before leaving.
5-6 months ago? Sounds like you've given him plenty of chances already. Either way I truly hope you're able to find someone new, empathetic, and compassionate. I know switching can be hard sometimes but I it'll probably be worth it.

ladidabi

ladidabi

Mar 19, 2023
5-6 months ago? Sounds like you've given him plenty of chances already. Either way I truly hope you're able to find someone new, empathetic, and compassionate. I know switching can be hard sometimes but I it'll probably be worth it.

Thanks. I guess it's going to take a good while though... The country I'm in lacks doctors, and right now added myself in a waiting list that's not too long. I still think I'll cancel the appointment for next week though. I don't have a good feeling about it. For now I'll just have to trust myself to not do anything stupid I guess.

Last edited:
kindalone

kindalone

Student
Mar 1, 2023
What a coincidence. I've also had a rather unpleasant experience with my doctor. It seems like regular medical professionals are unfit to deal with these kinds of problems.