P

przeciwwymiotne

Be rude to me at all times, I don't deserve kindne
Jun 27, 2022
I know it's oblivion.

I want it badly. I had it twice when I had surgery before. Anesthesia. It was so good. I was completely out of it. They could have sawed my head off and I'd have never known it. I wish they would have. But I eventually woke up.

Those were the two best times of my life.
Did anesthesia feel different than sleeping to you?

F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
Did anesthesia feel different than sleeping to you?
Sorry- I'm not the original poster but I have been under general anaesthtic.

For me, it was more like a dreamless sleep. They gave me a codeine tablet, put on an oxygen mask and administered the anaesthetic via a cannular in my hand. Within seconds, I felt this weird tingly feeling rushing up the sides of my head. I told them I felt dizzy because I didn't know how else to describe it. They said- 'That's normal'. I closed my eyes and that was it- then just nothing until I opened my eyes and the ceiling was moving because they were wheeling me back to the recovery room. Literally had no clue as to what had happened and how much time had past.

It's quite incredible to think what they can do without you feeling anything. Mine was only keyhole to remove my gallbladder. Didn't understand why my throat hurt and they told me- they push a tube down your throat to keep you breathing. Seems incredible doesn't it? Like an 'off' switch. Kind of bizarre that you 'forget' to keep breathing but your heart still works... Wonder why that is... Guess that would be a nice way to go though- if they didn't respirate you.