• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

LonelyKitten

LonelyKitten

Seeking one final escape
Aug 13, 2023
meow.

I had a curious discovery while setting up and testing full suspension hanging.
While previously whenever I've tested partial hanging or night-night, my survival instinct set in very strongly (mostly worrying about brain damage), oddly enough, when testing out full-suspension, no SI set in at all?

Two instances stood out:
1) I accidently kicked away the chair.
Ironically, in a manner similar to survival instinct-influenced actions?
Sort of in that panicked state, almost as if my body went like "I have to die!", just in complete opposite of SI's "I have to live!".
"Fortunately", the knot was not yet fully tightened (one hand was between rope and neck) and the rope was not positioned high up enough, so I managed to salvage myself out of there.
Was either circumstance missing, I'd be gone right now.
But you know what?
I didn't... Panic all that much. I was worried and got myself out, but it was more a, conscious effort, rather than the usual forced, automatic response I've noticed from survival instinct. In a sense, I almost wouldn't have... minded if that was it.

2) I tested, this time very carefully, with the knot as tight as it gets around my neck, and the rope high up enough I'd be fully suspended.
With even just one foot slightly off the chair, I could feel the pressure on my neck was *immense*.
It was unlike anything I'd ever felt before. And in fact, the rope and knot only tightened further and further in response to any struggle.
Definitely a goner if I'd stepped off the chair. Very quickly, very easily.
Again, I had to be very conscious about moving back out of there. This time it wasn't accidental or desperate, but still...
There was almost this sense of peace, and I felt, disappointed that I "had to" leave and not just finish the job.

It's almost like this method is invoking the inverse of survival instinct in me - it's drawing me to it!
I'm gonna call this counter-SI.

I'm even having trouble coming up with any reason, any logic not to do it??
Everything else I've tried so far has invoked panic, or made me come up with multitudes of bullshits and things I should do and try.
But that isn't... Happening here.

I already know it all anyhow, what I could try.
But do I need to?
This seems so peaceful... Even though I'd die in the country I hate, even that no-no no-go of mine, I didn't seem to care about it.
All my worries, just washed away...

LonelyKitten

LonelyKitten

Seeking one final escape
Aug 13, 2023
There are a lot of fanciful posts inciting terror.
Terror? D: About hanging? Or dying in general?

Oh, another thought just came to mind I felt relevant - consider this was under zero influence of any medication (no benzo, no alcohol, etc.)
I guess I had a good amount of cola and nice food, but that's just sugar and caffeine.
It was very late, and I was tired/sleepy after a long day, so that may also help?
Kind of like, going to sleep, just forever :o

That's impressive to me, considering as I've discovered (and talked about some) during my night-night/tourniquet attempts I struggled to even attempt without taking a benzo.
And with those I had a more direct, massive external incentive to make sure I succeed (avoiding an imminent indefinite ward stay)

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Praestat_Mori
Worndown

Worndown

Visionary
Mar 21, 2019
Terror with hanging.
There are seemingly knowledgeable posts stating they do not want to hang there for 20 minutes slowly strangling.
Can that happen? Maybe, but you really have to f**k it up to do that.

Everyone needs to do their research before attempting anything. Anyone can be rescued. Everyone can make a mistake and wake up in the hospital.

You need to be aware of known failure points and make sure your plan is sound. You owe it to yourself!

FuneralCry

FuneralCry

She wished that she never existed...
Sep 24, 2020
It must be a relief having access to a method that you feel confident in, I wish you the best.

• Love
Reactions: LonelyKitten
LonelyKitten

LonelyKitten

Seeking one final escape
Aug 13, 2023
There are seemingly knowledgeable posts stating they do not want to hang there for 20 minutes slowly strangling.
I'm fairly certain the goal/concept is gonna be that it's a very foolproof blood choke, with the pressure on the carotids, it'll make you pass out quickly, like with a succesful night-night. Even then, if anything, I'd feel that choking would be an additional fail-safe to it, in a way.

I wish you the best
You too.