• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

ForgottenAgain

ForgottenAgain

On the rollercoaster of sadness
Oct 17, 2023
I feel so lost and empty, with no purpose in life beyond existing.
I'm under a high dosage of meds so I'm no longer suicidal. Also started having hallucinations and sort of recovered from that which gave me "temporary happiness" when I had 2 weeks without them.

I don't know what to do with myself, with my life, with everything. I'm trying to find a purpose to live but it feels like I'm searching for nothing, I don't know what to look for, I don't know what I should strive for. I don't even know who I am sometimes.

My psychologist says I'm going through an existencial crisis and that I need long term and short term goals. I can feel that I need them but I don't know what those are! And lately I can't even be depressed in peace because if I start crying I have a psychotic episode and I don't know why. I don't know why my brain is like this...

I miss my best friend...I lost her and even though I've tried to get her back, she never replied to me. I need friends so bad...I need real friends so bad...I'm so lonely... I miss all the people that I've lost...some to death, others to life separating us... I wish I had my mother to guide me...

R

Redacted24

Might be Richard Cory... or not
Nov 20, 2023
Wow, that's incredibly tough. I'm so sorry you're going through this. It had to be so difficult, feeling adrift in the universe, searching for a star to navigate the infinite ocean at night. I don't know if I captured it right.

For me, I was drifting at a shopping center retail dead end job for years, no idea what to do, and no real future. Nobody to guide what's next - just go to work, eat, sleep, repeat.

I like to read, and often fantisized about visiting the places in books. That's what prompted a library visit to learn more about it, and I saved money to go, and finally went. Spent a year there, found work, bought a car. Got deported. Well, there was that too.
But when I was back I went to university, because something I read on my trip sparked interest in me.

It all starts with finding that one thing that makes you think, "hmmm, that's cool, I want to try that"
You never know where that one simple goal will lead you.
Glad you're here by the way!

• Love
Reactions: ForgottenAgain