S

scbice

Mar 24, 2019
After purchasing several firearms and backing out on all options multiple times I've finally decided on a more humane way of using pure nitrogen through a regulator/hose.

I won't get into all the reasons on why I'm going, I'm just sick of taking all the hits time and time again. I don't want to rely on anyone and I'm done providing for myself.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Made4TV, woxihuanni, Dawn0071111 and 7 others
Righttodie

Righttodie

Maybe in another life
Apr 10, 2019
May you find peace

Reactions: puppy9, Lifeisatrap and Seaghost
xXSarac3nSlay3rXx

xXSarac3nSlay3rXx

“Leaving this world is not as scary as it sounds.”
Mar 3, 2019
I'm planning on the same method. I've already canvassed welding stores in my area and will purchase the materials when I'm ready. Good luck.

Reactions: Lifeisatrap and Righttodie
S

scbice

Mar 24, 2019
@xxsarac3nslay3rx

I was going to do the same thing. Initially I was calling the welding supply stores nearby to fill a tank full of helium but I was informed several times that there's a shortage every time I called.

With the website I found I was able to get a 60 cu ft tank ordered and filled with nitrogen for $214

S

scbice

Mar 24, 2019
Tank has been intercepted by my dad. Plan is now canceled.

• Wow
Reactions: Dawn0071111, Righttodie, CURSED again and 1 other person
H

how2toGetout

Aug 20, 2019
Tank has been intercepted by my dad. Plan is now canceled.
I'm sorry to hear about the interception issue..

By any chance, do you know if the tank arrived in a corrugated cardboard box that fits the tank? Or did the tank come as a tank itself with package label on it?

Did you get a chance to look at in what condition the tank arrived (before/after it was intercepted by your family member)?

Reactions: Righttodie and Baskol1
ChristopherWalken

ChristopherWalken

Aug 15, 2019
I was able to get a nitrogen tank no problem at a welding supply store for around 180. I tried to tell them it was for my cousin who was doing some welding but they said that's not what it's for. They said it was for lawn care or something. I'm a pretty good talker I said well he's moved here from another town and I'm helping him get his business going he does odd jobs I thought it was welding but maybe something else. They took the money.

Reactions: Righttodie
Righttodie

Righttodie

Maybe in another life
Apr 10, 2019
I was able to get a nitrogen tank no problem at a welding supply store for around 180. I tried to tell them it was for my cousin who was doing some welding but they said that's not what it's for. They said it was for lawn care or something. I'm a pretty good talker I said well he's moved here from another town and I'm helping him get his business going he does odd jobs I thought it was welding but maybe something else. They took the money.

Usually they aren't that Snoopy about getting a cylinder.

Glad you got yours.

Lookingforabus

Lookingforabus

Arcanist
Aug 6, 2019
Usually they aren't that Snoopy about getting a cylinder.

Depends on the country. In the UK, you have to provide a reasonable reason for buying compressed nitrogen, because their government has noticed its use in suicides.

Better to have a proper cover story anyway. Where I am, no questions, just an insert-credit-card-here situation, but having a cover story allowed me to get some of my questions answered by a knowledgeable professional, whom I doubt would have been so helpful if I said I was planning to use it to continuously fill a plastic bag I wanted to use to asphyxiate myself. :wink:

Reactions: Righttodie
Righttodie

Righttodie

Maybe in another life
Apr 10, 2019
Depends on the country. In the UK, you have to provide a reasonable reason for buying compressed nitrogen, because their government has noticed its use in suicides.

Better to have a proper cover story anyway. Where I am, no questions, just an insert-credit-card-here situation, but having a cover story allowed me to get some of my questions answered by a knowledgeable professional, whom I doubt would have been so helpful if I said I was planning to use it to continuously fill a plastic bag I wanted to use to asphyxiate myself. :wink:

Agreed. Better to be prepared

Reactions: Baskol1