Body bobi

Body bobi

May 9, 2023
Is nitrogen hypoxia a painless way to die?

A

anonaon

Student
Feb 26, 2023
Yes. Inert gases like Nitrogen, Helium, and Argon are colorless, odorless, and they don't react with the body at all. Breathing in any if those inert gases will be like breathing oxygen except you lose consciousness immediately and die pain-free within 5-10 minutes

Reactions: Body bobi, GasMonkey, outrider567 and 1 other person
befree

befree

Time to do more enjoyable things _____Goodbye_____
Mar 22, 2022
Yes.

Reactions: squirley and outrider567
Das Nichts

Das Nichts

Dead Man Walking
Apr 8, 2023
Absolutely. I did a blackout test yesterday and there was no pain except when headbutted a cabinet 😁
Be *very* careful if you test this, the nitrogen works very fast.

Reactions: Body bobi, anonaon, GasMonkey and 1 other person
O

outrider567

Visionary
Apr 5, 2022
Absolutely. I did a blackout test yesterday and there was no pain except when headbutted a cabinet 😁
Have you really done a test yet? I was thinking of doing another one
Yes, its just like breathing air until you pass out

Reactions: Body bobi
befree

befree

Mar 22, 2022
👉 Be careful with tests 👆

Brain demage without oxygen

• Informative
Reactions: Ghostmaster and outrider567
Vizzy

Vizzy

DEAD
May 6, 2023
Best way next to N, need some planning and equipments
Yes. Inert gases like Nitrogen, Helium, and Argon are colorless, odorless, and they don't react with the body at all. Breathing in any if those inert gases will be like breathing oxygen except you lose consciousness immediately and die pain-free within 5-10 minutes
10 is less minimum 15 minutes and to make sure 30 to 40 minutes
How did you headbutt, was it because of dizziness?

Last edited:
Reactions: Body bobi and k1w1
GasMonkey

GasMonkey

Nitrogen Master Race
May 15, 2022
10 is less minimum 15 minutes and to make sure 30 to 40 minutes
Nope, 10 minutes is not the minimum, is the maximum.
Nobody is gonna survive 30 minutes in a 0% oxygen environment.

The 40 minutes nonsense comes from a bad interpretation of the Dignitas Non-ReBreather mask study, where one subject had issues with the mask's fit/placement in the face and air started to leak into the mask, so she was breating air+helium and took 40 minutes to die. After that happened some absolute morons started to say that "the inert gas method can take 40 minutes to kill" like it is a general rule of the method.​

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: JMarley, ztem, Disappointered and 8 others
Source Energy

Source Energy

I want to be where people areN'T...
Jan 23, 2023
how is sn hypoxia compared to this?

Vizzy

Vizzy

DEAD
May 6, 2023
Nope, 10 minutes is not the minimum, is the maximum.
Nobody is gonna survive 30 minutes in a 0% oxygen environment.

The 40 minutes nonsense comes from a bad interpretation of the Dignitas Non-ReBreather mask study, where one subject had issues with the mask's fit/placement in the face and air started to leak into the mask, so she was breating air+helium and took 40 minutes to die. After that happened some absolute morons started to say that "the inert gas method can take 40 minutes to kill" like it is a general rule of the method.​
In quora I saw a answer which said a scuba diver survived 30 minutes without oxygen so that user said 30 to 40 minutes is optimal because no one survived without oxygen more than 30 minutes

Do we have to strap our hands?

A

anonaon

Student
Feb 26, 2023
Do we have to strap our hands?
It's optional. Tremors, convulsions, body reflexes... etc are to be expected during death with inert gas but they're very minor. The most important consideration is that your equipment won't be dislodged when you become unconscious.

Reactions: Body bobi and Vizzy
Vizzy

Vizzy

DEAD
May 6, 2023
It's optional. Tremors, convulsions, body reflexes... etc are to be expected during death with inert gas but they're very minor. The most important consideration is that your equipment won't be dislodged when you become unconscious.
Are you gonna use nitrogen method ?

befree

befree

Mar 22, 2022
There is another point that can cause the symptoms mentioned: The possible rebreathing of exhaled air, when you use the exit bag.

Last edited:
GasMonkey

GasMonkey

Nitrogen Master Race
May 15, 2022
In quora I saw a answer which said a scuba diver survived 30 minutes without oxygen
Chris Lemons? He got zero damage from that incident (not even slight brain damage).

That was probably due to his gas reserve, neuroprotective effects of hypothermia (he was on freezing water and lost the connection with the system that maintained the heat) so his whole body entered in an almost freezed "suspended state", he never breathed pure inert gas like in a CTB (which causes O₂ saturation to plummet extremely fast), was doing a saturation diving which means that he spent 28 days in a pressurized chamber before the immersion saturating his entire body tissues to the gas mixture used in the dive.

A bunch of variables not present in a CTB.​

• Informative
Reactions: JMarley, Ghostmaster, ThisIsLife and 1 other person
A

anonaon

Student
Feb 26, 2023
Are you gonna use nitrogen method ?
Yes

There is another point that can cause the symptoms mentioned: The possible rebreathing of exhaled air, when you use the exit bag.
That can be mitigated by using a sufficient flowrate but if I remember the obeservational studies, no participants ever tried to remove the bag while they were unconsious so it's not a huge deal

Unattainable666

Unattainable666

Enlightened
Mar 31, 2023
I guess I'm pretty ignorant. Right now I'm not eating or drinking - slow process. My 2nd way is charcoal. Where can I obtain nitrogen and how does it work. A nice quick painless death is exactly what I want. Thanks!

Vizzy

Vizzy

DEAD
May 6, 2023
Chris Lemons? He got zero damage from that incident (not even slight brain damage).

That was probably due to his gas reserve, neuroprotective effects of hypothermia (he was on freezing water and lost the connection with the system that maintained the heat) so his whole body entered in an almost freezed "suspended state", he never breathed pure inert gas like in a CTB (which causes O₂ saturation to plummet extremely fast), was doing a saturation diving which means that he spent 28 days in a pressurized chamber before the immersion saturating his entire body tissues to the gas mixture used in the dive.

A bunch of variables not present in a CTB.​
Yes that's the guy

O

outrider567

Visionary
Apr 5, 2022
Yep. Check the "argon not reliable for exit bag" thread by @Obliviate for details.
Ok, went thru it, you were pretty lucky---What was your LPM? One test you said 40 LPM and the other test 15 LPM?

Reactions: Das Nichts
Das Nichts

Das Nichts

Dead Man Walking
Apr 8, 2023
Ok, went thru it, you were pretty lucky---What was your LPM? One test you said 40 LPM and the other test 15 LPM?
The first tests where just inflation Tests. The second one was where I blacked out.

I increased flow rate in this one too to speed up inflation, but dialed it down to 15 when I pulled the bag down.

Lucky depends on where one is standing 😁 I'm easily satisfied so I only aim for a GCS 3 but it would probably been have not enough gas.

Reactions: outrider567
O

outrider567

Visionary
Apr 5, 2022
The first tests where just inflation Tests. The second one was where I blacked out.

I increased flow rate in this one too to speed up inflation, but dialed it down to 15 when I pulled the bag down.

Lucky depends on where one is standing 😁 I'm easily satisfied so I only aim for a GCS 3 but it would probably been have not enough gas.
My maximum is 25 LMP on my flowmeter but when I tested it at this level, it broke the Oximeter

SO, just before you blacked out, you didn't check your Oximeter?

Perhaps that was another mistake: Speeding up inflation by increasing the flow rate to 40 LPM--Maybe just inflate the bag at 15 LPM like I do, and what Greenberg said to do

Last edited:
Das Nichts

Das Nichts

Dead Man Walking
Apr 8, 2023
My maximum is 25 LMP on my flowmeter but when I tested it at this level, it broke the Oximeter
What do you mean by brake ?

SO, just before you blacked out, you didn't check your Oximeter?
I think i had I'd attached and it started pinging but I have no clear recollection of what happend. It went very fast.

Maybe just inflate the bag at 15 LPM like I do, and what Greenberg said to do
I was a little impatient to be frank. I probably would have passed the time with hyperventilating on the real thing.

O

outrider567

Visionary
Apr 5, 2022

I think i had I'd attached and it started pinging but I have no clear recollection of what happend. It went very fast.

I was a little impatient to be frank. I probably would have passed the time with hyperventilating on the real thing.
My spare Oximeter stopped working after I did my test at 25 LPM lol, but I have several others

You said on the other thread that you thought you heard electronic music just before passing out, very interesting

• Yay!
Reactions: Das Nichts
Das Nichts

Das Nichts

Dead Man Walking
Apr 8, 2023
You said on the other thread that you thought you heard electronic music just before passing out, very interesting
Yeah I described improperly. It was flashing lights, green / red like a stroboscope. And it was hissing sounds but they matched the the rythm of the lights.

I woke up to this.

• Informative
Reactions: ThisIsLife
O

outrider567

Visionary
Apr 5, 2022
Yeah it was pretty wild. Not sure how much brain cells i lost.

But it really is not funny, this could have ended bad.
Indeed--I always stop my tests well before I pass out, but its still risky