M

Msvr

Legio Patria Nostra
Sep 9, 2024
I have seen a couple threads in the prior week with people questioning the purity of DMC SN recently. I received my SN from DMC 3-4 days ago (ordered on 09/09/2024) and just got around to testing it today. With the blood test it did turn my blood into sludge, but that's not very telling. I did the testing method with the Bartovation test strips as well. I followed Vizzys guide, but to clarify
1: Tested my fresh distilled water. Confirmed a reading of 0 ppm
2: Filled 2 glasses with 500mL each
3: Put 2.5 grams of SN into glass #1
4: Used a pipette to draw 1mL of liquid from glass #1 and put it into glass #2.
5: Put the test strip in glass #2 for 2-3 seconds, took it out and shook it off. Waited 30 seconds.

Here are the results. The test strip (the part without a black X on it) should be the same color as the number 10 (circled in blue.) I really feel like it's not, but maybe you think otherwise. Maybe I messed something up, but I did do the test 2 times with the same results.
PXL 20240927 2109082253

• Informative
Reactions: Dai, peacetoall, canijo and 2 others
peacetoall

peacetoall

May 24, 2019
This is disconcerting. Either the test strips aren't accurate or the SN purity is not what it claims to be. I kind of want to test mine right away but I'm not planning on using it until after the new year

Reactions: nihilistic_dragon
G

Glazed_Orange

Aug 27, 2024
This is disconcerting. Either the test strips aren't accurate or the SN purity is not what it claims to be. I kind of want to test mine right away but I'm not planning on using it until after the new year
why wait till new years? are you hoping for a positive change?

shadow999

shadow999

Student
Sep 6, 2024
Ah this is somewhat concerning. I wasn't planning on testing mine from this source and I just got it today. Is there a guide to testing it? Would be so dissapointed if it isn't pure enough to CTB =/

Reactions: nihilistic_dragon
M

Msvr

Legio Patria Nostra
Sep 9, 2024
Ah this is somewhat concerning. I wasn't planning on testing mine from this source and I just got it today. Is there a guide to testing it? Would be so dissapointed if it isn't pure enough to CTB =/
The guide I followed is the Vizzy SN Bible: https://sanctioned-suicide.net/thre...-method-comprehensive-guide-sn-method.121672/

There's also a slightly different guide from jake3d here: https://sanctioned-suicide.net/thre...-an-aquarium-testing-kit-rough-version.18188/
The jake3d one is the same test, just scaled differently.

• Informative
Reactions: shadow999
Plato'sCaveDweller

Plato'sCaveDweller

Sleep is good, death is better.
Sep 2, 2024
I thought test strips weren't an accurate test of purity? That one user in late August who got a 5 ppm result later retested and got 10 ppm (iirc), and results can be all over the place.

For any real solid proof of purity, we'd have to get lab testing.

Reactions: LifeQuitter, peacetoall and nihilistic_dragon
shadow999

shadow999

Student
Sep 6, 2024
I thought test strips weren't an accurate test of purity? That one user in late August who got a 5 ppm result later retested and got 10 ppm (iirc), and results can be all over the place.

I was also under the impression that the strips weren't realiable per the mentioned post here. Will probably just take the stuff anyways.

Reactions: LifeQuitter
M

Msvr

Legio Patria Nostra
Sep 9, 2024

Hmmm, I didn't know this. I would still lean towards the fact that DMC is good. There's no reason for DMC to suddenly start selling low purity. Just figured I'd post my results regardless. I think I'm going to ctb too soon to go through the process of lab testing. Would be nice if someone did that though, I imagine there's lots of labs available to the public that have the ability to test SN. But I'll be doing inert gas, the SN was just a backup.

Reactions: shadow999
Plato'sCaveDweller

Plato'sCaveDweller

Sleep is good, death is better.
Sep 2, 2024
I was also under the impression that the strips weren't realiable per the mentioned post here. Will probably just take the stuff anyways.
Same. Especially considering there's been like 2(?) recent CTBs with DMC's stuff, and the fact that MDS (what DMC used to be) was linked to over 100 deaths, I think it's fair to say that the SN is probably fine.
Hmmm, I didn't know this. I would still lean towards the fact that DMC is good. There's no reason for DMC to suddenly start selling low purity. Just figured I'd post my results regardless. I think I'm going to ctb too soon to go through the process of lab testing. Would be nice if someone did that though, I imagine there's lots of labs available to the public that have the ability to test SN. But I'll be doing inert gas, the SN was just a backup.
Yeah this was discussed in a thread elsewhere. It isn't likely that he'd suddenly start selling sub-par SN, since he has quite the golden cow to milk here on the forum. He also gets the SN from the top chemical manufacturer in the world, and he packages the stuff quite nicely so there's little chance that he's acquiring bad SN nor is the SN going bad during packaging.

I fully support and encourage people to question and test DMCs stuff, but it won't do much. Actual CTBs are better indicators of purity, but we can never truly verify if one has succeeded or not so even that is a somewhat poor indicator. I'm not sure one goes about getting a lab test for SN, but that would be the best way to check the purity. I believe the BBC tested the SN (during the expose article) and it was pure, but that was like 8 or 9 months ago now.

• Informative
Reactions: LifeQuitter, peacetoall, nihilistic_dragon and 2 others
peacetoall

peacetoall

May 24, 2019
One user had this to share:
"Eventually I've retested with strips from a different brand called Easy Life.
This time the results were different, high nitrite concentration."

I am thinking it could be the bartovation test strips that aren't accurate.

Quick question: I can't find the testing guide thread so I am wondering why when testing do you need to take some nitrite/water from one cup and put it in second cup and test that one? The video bartovation shares on their product shows to just test one cup

Reactions: Plato'sCaveDweller