Rational man

Rational man

Enlightened
Oct 19, 2021
Patrick's friend apparently drank acid, following terminal diagnosis.

horrific end.

• Aww..
  • Wow
Reactions: Forever Sleep, waitingforrest, Ligottian and 4 others
Lullaby

Lullaby

šŸŒ™
Mar 9, 2022
Wow, that's incredibly horribleā€¦I don't even really have the words.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: waitingforrest and Rational man
Rational man

Rational man

Enlightened
Oct 19, 2021
Wow, that's incredibly horribleā€¦I don't even really have the words.
Horrific end. High profile names are needed to help the momentum on assisted dying for all types of suffering. When i had a bowel blockage i wanted to jump off the cliffs near me. I felt cornered and desperate within a failing health system. I knew what i was facing. I hear the self ritchous talking about sanctity of life. I hope they don't get a bowel blockage. Suffering is one thing. Vomiting poop is something else.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: pthnrdnojvsc, Un-, waitingforrest and 4 others
Lullaby

Lullaby

šŸŒ™
Mar 9, 2022
Horrific end. High profile names are needed to help the momentum on assisted dying for all types of suffering. When i had a bowel blockage i wanted to jump off the cliffs near me. I felt cornered and desperate within a failing health system. I knew what i was facing. I hear the self ritchous talking about sanctity of life. I hope they don't get a bowel blockage. Suffering is one thing. Vomiting poop is something else.
God, that sounds like a true nightmare, I'm sorry you even had to experience that.

I agree, though. There are so many people in the world battling all sorts of illnesses and diseases, some that are a death sentence. There really needs to be legalized euthanasia everywhere, no one should be forced to do these really terrifying and painful methods just to escape. It's just too much.

• Love
Reactions: delayedcactus and Rational man
Rational man

Rational man

Enlightened
Oct 19, 2021
God, that sounds like a true nightmare, I'm sorry you even had to experience that.

I agree, though. There are so many people in the world battling all sorts of illnesses and diseases, some that are a death sentence. There really needs to be legalized euthanasia everywhere, no one should be forced to do these really terrifying and painful methods just to escape. It's just too much.
Concur and suffering at many levels physical and psychological.

Reactions: Lullaby
MementoMori81

MementoMori81

May 1, 2022

horrific end.
He has long supported MARS legislation in the United Kingdom. This goes way back

• Aww..
Reactions: Rational man, Foresight and Lostandlooking
L

Lostandlooking

In limbo
Jul 23, 2020

horrific end.
Where did you read that she drank acid? Doing some googling I found out that Patrick has been supportive of assisted suicide since 2014. The suicide of a friend who had terminal cancer shaped his view on these matters. Apparantly she used suffication with a plastic bag. Still a tragic story. And I commend Patrick Stewart for speaking about this. There's a petition on his twitter page, it's about assisted dying for terminally ill, mentally competent adults. Not a perfect stance in my opinion, but still a beginning.

Link to the petition: (only for UK citizens)

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Rational man, MementoMori81 and Lullaby
Lullaby

Lullaby

šŸŒ™
Mar 9, 2022
Where did you read that she drank acid? Doing some googling I found out that Patrick has been supportive of assisted suicide since 2014. The suicide of a friend who had terminal cancer shaped his view on these matters. Apparantly she used suffication with a plastic bag. Still a tragic story. And I commend Patrick Stewart for speaking about this. There's a petition on his twitter page, it's about assisted dying for terminally ill, mentally competent adults. Not a perfect stance in my opinion, but still a beginning.

I think they may be talking about this article.

The 'Star Trek' star has spoke out about his support of euthanasia -- the practice of ending a life to relieve pain and suffering -- and assisted suicide because of a recent story in the media about an actress who was driven to kill herself in a horrific way when she couldn't live with her illness anymore.

Former Bond girl Angela Scoular, 65, had bowel cancer and died after allegedly drinking acid last week, and the tragedy has motivated Patrick to speak out about his support for charity Dying With Dignity, which supports assisted suicide.

He told the Sunday Times newspaper: "This person was driven to an extreme situation of ending their own life in the most ghastly way.

I really had no idea he was so openly supportive of this. Even to see him still openly promoting it years later, is really great.

• Love
Reactions: Rational man and Lostandlooking
L

Lostandlooking

In limbo
Jul 23, 2020
I think they may be talking about this article.

I really had no idea he was so openly supportive of this. Even to see him still openly promoting it years later, is really great.
I see. Thank you for posting. This goes back even further. The date of the article is 2011. I didn't know that he was such a big supporter either, or maybe I forgot. Either way it's a very good thing.

Reactions: Lullaby
MementoMori81

MementoMori81

May 1, 2022

I've signed it. Everyone in the United Kingdom should, in my opinion. It's an utter travesty that people have to use the most horrific methods, or have to risk importing items to allow a peaceful passing. Utterly criminal. If you have capacity, if you understand the implications of MARS/PAS, then you should have the right to a peaceful passing. And the presence of depression or otherwise shouldn't necessarily bar someone. I'm depressed, cripplingly so, but I still have capacity, I can still make the decision rationally.

For anyone interested, I'd also highly recommend the documentary 'Choosing To Die' with the absolutely brilliant, late, Sir Terry Pratchett -

• Love
Reactions: Rational man and Lostandlooking
Rational man

Rational man

Enlightened
Oct 19, 2021
I've signed it. Everyone in the United Kingdom should, in my opinion. It's an utter travesty that people have to use the most horrific methods, or have to risk importing items to allow a peaceful passing. Utterly criminal. If you have capacity, if you understand the implications of MARS/PAS, then you should have the right to a peaceful passing. And the presence of depression or otherwise shouldn't necessarily bar someone. I'm depressed, cripplingly so, but I still have capacity, I can still make the decision rationally.

For anyone interested, I'd also highly recommend the documentary 'Choosing To Die' with the absolutely brilliant, late, Sir Terry Pratchett -

I signed it on FB advert. People should.have a choice. More and more cases are appearing.

Another interesting article of_59,000 excess deaths at home in UK from diseases and other causes during pandemic. The circumstances od how they died is not absolutely known but we must expect that some must have died alone and awfully and pain.

Reactions: MementoMori81
MementoMori81

MementoMori81

May 1, 2022
I signed it on FB advert. People should.have a choice. More and more cases are appearing.

Another interesting article of_59,000 excess deaths at home in UK from diseases and other causes during pandemic. The circumstances od how they died is not absolutely known but we must expect that some must have died alone and awfully and pain.
Shocking. As you said, for people to have to do so alone and in awful circumstances? That's just not on. Even if I were absolutely fine right now, I would still be a 'Right To Die' advocate, because I believe in the choice of others. Sovereignty over one's self is king.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rational man
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
It is so awful how people have to resort to such horrific methods to end their suffering. We live in a world where there is so much pain after all, so therefore suicide should not be so stigmatised. All humans will die anyway and life is completely meaningless after all, so it really is so cruel to deny people the option of a peaceful death. Rest in peace all those who are gone.

• Love
Reactions: MementoMori81 and Rational man
Rational man

Rational man

Enlightened
Oct 19, 2021
He has long supported MARS legislation in the United Kingdom. This goes way back

yes i think the acid was mention in daily mail but a plastic bag is mentioned. A truly shocking situation. sir Patrick so gracefully saidā¤

• Love
Reactions: MementoMori81
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
I know it's an old post but I've just seen it. I'm a big Patrick Stewart fan and even more hearing this. He has such a wonderful voice. Sometimes, I imagine him narrating my life- to make it seem more interesting... His poor friend. What a horrific end.

Reactions: Regen and Lostandlooking
Rational man

Rational man

Enlightened
Oct 19, 2021
I know it's an old post but I've just seen it. I'm a big Patrick Stewart fan and even more hearing this. He has such a wonderful voice. Sometimes, I imagine him narrating my life- to make it seem more interesting... His poor friend. What a horrific end.
I wish I could get beamed up and transported away from this brutal planet.!

• Love
Reactions: Forever Sleep