• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

DF90

DF90

Experienced
Mar 18, 2018
Hey guys,

The tag "recovery" was created for those who do want to choose to continue with life. I've had a few people reach out to me asking for help and advice on how to beat depression or move past the idea of CTB, so this should be a good addition.

Although this is SanctionSuicide we are ultimately pro-choice and here because we share similar views. Not everyone here is going to choose ctb and I do believe both sides should be explored.

If you see this tag please keep in mind that the user is ultimately choosing not to ctb and needs different advice/type of discussion.

Thanks!

Cyanide

Cyanide

It's muffin time!!!
Apr 13, 2018
Thanks DF90, even though I am most probably going to CTB, it is good to see that this forum is standing up to its pro-choice stance. Thanks for making it easier for people to express different opinions and for them to be supported appropriately by the use of this tag. I hope that others also embrace this change.

DF90

DF90

Experienced
Mar 18, 2018
Thanks DF90, even though I am most probably going to CTB, it is good to see that this forum is standing up to its pro-choice stance. Thanks for making it easier for people to express different opinions and for them to be supported appropriately by the use of this tag. I hope that others also embrace this change.

Thank you so much! I was a bit worried people would get upset, but it's nice to know there are definitely people out there who agree! I hope that people who don't want to ctb also feel comfortable posting as people who do!

R

rebelwacause

Jun 1, 2018
Absolutely, couldn't agree more, a place for everybody to talk about a range of issues is important and having a specific part of the forum to do this will be helpful. Those wanting to get better should be afforded that chance. Great idea! Thank you.

El Topo

El Topo

(---)
Apr 21, 2018
Hey guys,

The tag "recovery" was created for those who do want to choose to continue with life. I've had a few people reach out to me asking for help and advice on how to beat depression or move past the idea of CTB, so this should be a good addition.

Although this is SanctionSuicide we are ultimately pro-choice and here because we share similar views. Not everyone here is going to choose ctb and I do believe both sides should be explored.

If you see this tag please keep in mind that the user is ultimately choosing not to ctb and needs different advice/type of discussion.

Thanks!

Yes, we are pro-choice, not pro-suicide. Pro-lifers often have difficulty discerning the difference.

I think that most members will never actually CTB, but that's fine. This is one of the few places where people can talk about this stuff openly and honestly, and that's what people need the most. If just being able to talk can help someone continue, I think that's wonderful.

We can't talk about it with our friends, with our family, with anybody, because of the way our culture denounces suicide. So instead we bare our souls to strangers on the internet because the strangers are the only ones who understand.

Last edited:
R

rebelwacause

Jun 1, 2018
Yes, we are pro-choice, not pro-suicide. Pro-lifers often have difficulty discerning the difference.

I think that most members will never actually CTB, but that's fine. This is one of the few places where people can talk about this stuff openly and honestly, and that's what people need the most. If just being able to talk can help someone continue, I think that's wonderful.

We can't talk about it with our friends, with our family, with anybody, because of the way our culture denounces suicide. So instead we bare our souls to strangers on the internet because the strangers are the only ones who understand.

Thank you El Toppo, your post sums up beautifully why this forum exists and the good it does do despite what many may think. Pro Choice all the way!

Why.

Why.

Jun 8, 2018

God, absolutely.

I don't think I could ever bring myself to CTB but I find it difficult to talk about wanting to with other people. My appeasement issues go into overdrive and I feel like I have to constantly mention "don't worry I'm not at risk!!11". Ugh. I'm so grateful for a place to discuss this topic without having to worry about that shit.